Sign in to follow this  
russman

Top tier non rift mode maps

So what are the top tier non rift mode maps?  I've done Glitterhelm MHC Survival a few times now and have gotten some nice armor pieces.  But does another map have a better loot multiplier?

glitterhelm has the highest value loot currently in game russman.  the summit is very slightly less.  if i recall correctly the best armor in glitterhelm massacre hc is armor with 418 upgrades whereas the summit is 417 upgrades.  however it drops substantially on any map under the summit.  also remember pets and weapons cannot roll as high as armor can, and accessories even lower. the 418/417 max upgrades was referring to armor only

don't waste your time in normal armors just go for rift gears directly you can even get back to nightmare and get some good rift gears then go to massacre

Honestly, Rift mode just doesn't sound very appealing to me.  I'm just going to skip it for now.  I'm going to keep enjoying non Rift mode and hopefully later this year there will be some new non rift mode content.

The main benefit of rifted mode is that you can get through maps faster - and there are much better drops - like significantly better.

The difference in loot is something like this:

Non rifted - there is a chance that you will get 4 times out of 5 shit drops for pets or last waves armor and accessories - like literally unusable gear. Perfect example is farming pet rock in Ancient mines or pet in Alch laboratory.

Rifted - the minimum value is much higher - so the chance to get unusable gear is much smaller - makes farming and progressing much faster - and also more enjoyable and motivating as you have rifted gear to farm - which drops only from last wave in survival (or chance in campaign too).

Also in same time you farm rifted gear + non rifted gear of higher quality then in non rifted maps.

Also rifted more is a little more challenging and really needs at least one or two sets of rifted gear. Once you get one it gets much much easier.

So there is literally no reason to not do rifted. Once you get bored of non rifted - you would need to start farming older maps you already did because of rifted sets. And that can discourage many people.

Good luck