Sign in to follow this  
foreverzero9789

Cog Icon on gear

When I inspect a piece of gear, there is a cog wheel icon in the bottom right. What is that for?

Also is there anything we can do with unwanted gear besides selling it?

I'm returning after more than a year and I have a lot of legendary/mythic stuff that I don't want to just sell if they can now be dismantled for crafting mats.

3 hours ago, foreverzero9789 said:

When I inspect a piece of gear, there is a cog wheel icon in the bottom right. What is that for?

Gear Score of that piece, it measures the average power level of it. When combined on a hero it gives the hero an average Gear Score of all Armor/Weapons (Relics dont count towers hero score), and the Champion Score (Gold Crown in inventory and escape menu) is the highest Hero Gear Scroe Hero you have out of them all.

3 hours ago, foreverzero9789 said:

Also is there anything we can do with unwanted gear besides selling it?

Items can be vendored for gold, or traded to other players for gold. If any have a good stat roll you can level it up or if any have a good mod you can transfer it to another item. Other than that no there's nothing you can do with it like breaking them down for anything.

I would suggest checking with a reliable source on item prices before trading to other players and get a second opinion after that just to make sure on price.

• Like 1

Thank you! I thought the cog indicated a new currency you got for breaking down gear and I couldn't find anything online about it. Also I didn't know that player vending was now a thing. I'll definitely do as you suggest and look into what reasonable prices for gear are before I do any selling.