New update for DDA and numbers went down

So what went wrong? Is it the feeling you had to take a step backward to then step forward? Is it that you must go here to get this armour? The feeling that things are gated? The nerf to squire block?

DD2 has had an uptick in players, could that be the holiday incentives?

Where are the holiday incentives, or in fact any incentives in DDA.

How hard would it have been to have a double exp, double gold or whatever incentive when DDA 1.2 dropped.

Not sure about others but this 'rfit' update came out of the blue, did it get run by anyone before it was set in stone.

Pesonally I would have gone back to grind if the Summoner had dropped or the Quest for Eternia shards maps and maybe the CD portal teased.

People had got used to coping with the siren and some may grind out their set to get their DSTs working again, but sadly it looks like they are massively in the minority.

Edited by Fozzie

i wasnt a fan of it till i got some rift gear now i see no reason to never not run rift mode yea ur towers lose stats like alot of stats but the damage goes sky high my ele auras for exsample from 7k power and hiting around 13k maxed ona maxed buff beam even on normal mobs with 3k ish power hit for over dubble the damage im still anoyed at how the drops are done  aka everything that drops from mobs is basicly gold and useless anything u want comes from a chest on wave 15 or 25. 

my only other gripe is well kinda pointless as sirens are 100% ignoreable once u have fusion gear but would still be nice as there a rifted enermy if rifted towers could kill them  u can nerf the loot they drop through the floor if needed as the loot is pointless now 

• Like 1

To be honest, this new content feels like artificial grind. Sure it might be fun, but it feels too little too late. I'm yet to log in and try, and probably wont try for a while.

I personally don't really care for gimmicks. I like maps, and I like endless survival. 

There was NO hype for the update, there were NO communications to hype people up. All we got were a few "random" livestream most people could not or did not want to watch. I am sad but not surprised at the population not  coming back. This is an attempt at yet another resurrection, and unfortunately, it failed because someone forgot to do heart compressions.

Edited by chpoit

One issue i would like to add, cant seem to find dda in any of the console stores. Can someone help me with this?

1 hour ago, Djmilos said:

One issue i would like to add, cant seem to find dda in any of the console stores. Can someone help me with this?

only avalable on pc currently

I simply believe the rift update made the game in it's current state too complicated and confusing for many players.

Signing on after 700 hours of grinding only to notice that my account was been soft banned for no reason is what made me stop playing. I only occasionally check this place out or other socials to take pleasure in the down fall of this game due to the BS that happened to my account :)

Although rift mode is very nice imo, it doesn't add a lot of new content in a sense that there are no new heroes and no new maps. Rift mode is a new mode, but we are essentially running the same old maps. 

Also, they released the patch during exams period for students. I suspect there are a lot of student in the community, and I don't get to play much of DDA during my exams (I will during the holidays though). 

The update didn't change anything for me. Left at 77. Came back and ground to 81 then left again. I can't access the content I want to do and the content I can do is useless because anything better that drops is level locked. I can clear anything I cared for on NM so the grind feels useless and unnecessary. Rift mode didn't do much for me, equip dragon on boost monk and sigh. No maps have been added and we're still missing much of the original games content. If the plan is to release DLC for all of that I'll be cutting my losses early. I'm of the opinion this game would do better if they got rid of levels entirely. Artificial gating doesn't feel good when the entire goal is to pump stats and feel "progression".

Sounds deserving to me. I have seen this update and the planned part 2 and it makes me sleepy.

Wake me up when they add something of hype like the Summoner and possibly Dryad after reading their roadmap. Moon glow and scary moon glow sounds like the Dryad to me.

I’m not touching the game until then.

• Like 1

i like the new changes because it made every map important , before i was just running them for no reason other than fun , now i actly have stuff to gain from this map , the problem it's gona be really really long time before new stuff come to play
and about the Summoner they said on stream before he is not coming at all any time soon , that if he actly made it to the game , becasue he will make every build useless 

the biggest issues have already been beat to death by the community.  #1)  fusion towers require hero deck probably a solid 90% of players hate it.  #2)  raising the loot floor essentially requires playing rift mode (just like hardcore) which means ALL non fusion gear is now 100% trash.  #3)  requiring wearing terrible gear from Act 1 and Act 2 because it doesnt even drop on the hardest maps.  nobody wants to downgrade 418 upgrade gear to 290 ups from ancient mines.

all of these issues have been stated multiple times by many people.  and now with DD1 redux coming out it will be very tough to regain the DDA community now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Halagren said:

the biggest issues have already been beat to death by the community.  #1)  fusion towers require hero deck probably a solid 90% of players hate it.  #2)  raising the loot floor essentially requires playing rift mode (just like hardcore) which means ALL non fusion gear is now 100% trash.  #3)  requiring wearing terrible gear from Act 1 and Act 2 because it doesnt even drop on the hardest maps.  nobody wants to downgrade 418 upgrade gear to 290 ups from ancient mines.

all of these issues have been stated multiple times by many people.  and now with DD1 redux coming out it will be very tough to regain the DDA community now. 

your normal gear is not trash i still use it you can only use 3 fusion towers. 

9 hours ago, kingdiamond1986 said:

your normal gear is not trash i still use it you can only use 3 fusion towers. 

i disagree.  all heros are required to be in the hero deck now which means i cant level up (cant gain xp outside hero deck) another apprentice to wear my old gear for when i want a flameburst tower.  which means all my flamebursts are now built using my new fusion DST armor.  the old gear is trashed.  same with my aura monk now that electric auras are fusion.  the only "old" gear i use is my waller and my trapper, but you dont need great gear for walls, anything with fortify so who cares.  the trapper kinda matters, but since it's not fusion armor i only use it for gas or darkness, i would never nerf myself and build non-fusion proxies or infernos.  so while the trappers gear isnt "trash" now, it basically is as you again dont really need great gear for gas/darkness. 

So because they dont need great stats anyway, i trash'd their old gear for fusion why you may ask?  for those situations when i might actually trade them into the deck for a fused tower.  my waller for example is almost never in my deck anymore but still wears fusion for shock beams for the off chance i might want fused shock beams for assassins (i still use them on glitterhelm for example).  which means that while he's not even in my hero deck for most maps his old gear IS ACTUALLY TRASH.  im not gonna swap his gear around constantly, that's just silly.  And i shouldnt need to level up a new apprentice to use my old gear JUST for flamebursts.  oh and did i mention you cant level up new heros anymore, so that's not even an option. 

bottom line, non-fusion gear is now trash.  cant level up new heros.  cant use a variety of towers anymore in solo play. 

The game simply sucks. If it took them this long to make this kind of quality update, I give up on this game.  I thought things would change because they became 'Chromatic' and their hands were no longer tied  from the DD2 days.  Where are the new maps, new heroes, (Rift Walker?)  new bosses, etc. I remember quite frankly when they first announced DDA they kept mentioning "Its not going to be a DD1 remake" Bullshit. Literally almost the same story, same campaign, same heroes, same bosses.

I was happy and pissed off when I saw that DD1 got another community update. They added new maps, new challenges, new weapons, new pets, fuck, even the heroes got new towers.  Its strange to me that the community is making better updates then the main people of Dungeon Defenders.  Its the same excuse every time too, "SMaLL dEv tEam btw" don't give me that crap. Plenty of other games have way smaller dev teams and make great games, Hades for example. There is a lot more shit I would like to bitch about, but I am too lazy. I wish they would just scrap this POS and start working on DD3, but they need to redeem themselves, otherwise nobody will back them ever again.

• Like 1