[GIVEAWAY] Have you been nice this year?

To all those who have supported, participated, and overall helped keep this community alive and thriving: a heartfelt and genuine thank you.

The Dungeon Defenders franchise is among my most-played games, and the opportunity to contribute to DD1 would not have been possible without a community that shares my passion for the game. Even though DD1 doesn't have any plans for future updates, I still plan to contribute through mods made by the community.

2020 has been a tough year on all of us - I hope each of you have been able to take it in stride, and wish you a safe and relaxing holiday season as we step into 2021.

• Like 3

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it's become a tradition, we're going to have another 12 days of Christmas giveaway. Here's how this one is going to work: There will be 2 winners per day from December 13-25th. Winner

Post for winners Day 1 Winners: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198805803070/  Christoph - Final Patch http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132766948/ GrilledClaw - Elf

Happy holidays everybody, must the blessing of our lord and savior Rngesus bless you and your family going into 2021 ^^ Heres a little tune for everybody <3   steam id:

Posted Images

Honestly this year has been pretty crazy and I never really expected it to end up the way it is right now. I definitely played more DD than I expected and met a lot of new people through it. Thank you to all the people I met through this game and ddrng, you guys are the best and I hope you all have a great new year :)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/mrmannerlol/

• Like 1

Edit: I forgot to add a steam profile link.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/grumpygrover/

Thank you for keeping the game alive when I only played a couple weeks back around the winter of 2011. It was really nice to come back years later and find a strong community for the game. I'm grateful for that.

12 days and so 12 nice things to say (with a lot of referencing to the DDrng Discord server):

1) @Moose is a good sport about being pinged. I mean he loves to be pinged.

2) Everyone in #dd1-help-chat is very helpful.

3) Everyone in #general is very helpful

4) Actually everyone is pretty helpful.

5) The ongoing memes and emotes are enjoyingly ridiculous. (I suppose #1 falls under this technically)

6) I can cheat and not have something nice written for number 6, right? 

7) Weebs are cool.

8) People not in #weeb are cool too, I suppose.

9) The community is good-hearted. I remember when I started playing again, I had no idea what I was doing. I'd browse people's shops, and once in a while, someone will take their time to help me out or help gear me up. It was really welcoming. I remember one time, Son Goku recommended me to join the DDrng Discord server to get an item I had on checked to see if it was hacked. I posted it in the #general chat. Immediately everyone said it was hacked. Tavernkeeper got 1 item richer that day. Everyone was nice to me though. From there I learned a lot of things. I'd post a lot of questions and people were really patient with me. There were a lot of things about the game that I had no idea about or that information available elsewhere was outdated. Although I farm mostly solo, it was nice to be in a community with others and also see people having fun together. People went to lengths to help me out and I appreciated it greatly. And it wasn't just me that felt this. A lot of people that I would help out after I got a bit more established would also mention how the community as a whole was very welcoming and generous. They found the culture a bit odd (but very refreshing) compared to other games they had played. I could probably keep typing about this longer to make this section a lot more lengthy in this dry humor, but I'll stop here...well after I tell a story that has no relation to this post and topic at all. When I was a bit younger at the age of 19 and still in university, I went to a barbershop. It was normally a one man shop but now the barber had taken on an employee. He was busy doing another person's hair so he had his new employee take care of me. My hair wasn't too hard to do and it's nothing fancy, so it doesn't take too long nor much effort to cut my hair. Now the new employee started to chat with me right away. She was very friendly and I chatted back. There was the usual topics like what I was up to and other typical things. Me being a business major with finance and information systems, liking sports, playing video games, volunteering, and just going to University of Washington. She talked about how she was 25 and wanted a boyfriend. Things got really awkward from there with the way she started to touch my head and hair. Not sure what to do when someone has a pair of scissors and stuff right next to your neck. At this point, the haircut was around the 10 minute mark and only halfway done. And the haircut became a lot slower from here going forward. So yes, there was some awkwardness about her talking about what I thought about her and so on with me trying to be as polite as possible without offending her, being the sharp scissor lady and all. She floated around questions and scenarios asking things like what I liked in women, what did I like about her, how would a nice date be like, if that nice date could be with her, what if she was my girlfriend, etc. etc. etc. She then said that she was just messing with me, which relaxed me a bit. She then went into detail talking about her boyfriend that also attended the University of Washington. Her boyfriend was also a business major. He was an avid gamer, played sports, did volunteer work, and such. I was getting a bit suspicious about this, but then she said her boyfriend was 24. Alright so she definitely wasn't doing some weird thing then since I'm 19. I couldn't be that guy then. Good she's just someone that likes to mess with someone else. I can appreciate that, as awkward as it was. She talked about her boyfriend some more about what a great guy he was and such. Went on about him. She then asked me what my age was. I said I was 19. She said that my age isn't supposed to be 19; it's supposed to be 24. And commence super awkwardness again but at a much higher concentration. So long story short, the haircut took 40 minutes to complete and I didn't come back for about a year. And now to disguise the story more into this post. I remember some times when people would just hand me items worth cv and such just to help me out. Yes, I do think the DD1 community is great.

10) I kind of like you guys and gals.

11) I wish you all holiday jubilations.

12) Have a joyful Christmas.

:gobmas:

Blessings to you all and keep safe out there.

Also remember to give your trans portal guns to Son Goku.

Edited by Bonjourno
Forgot the steam profile link. Hehe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Merry Christmas everybody! This past year has for sure been a strange one, but I've enjoyed DD more than I've ever done. This community really is something special, and I want you all to know that. It really is a home away from home for me. With that said, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and I wish you an awesome 2021!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/chronozia

Cant believe after 6 years this game still sucked me back in and got me addicted again. Since ive been back ive been able to be apart of the community way more than i ever have made a lot of new friends and happy that the mods and admins stay so connected with helpfulness and guides along the way. All in all this game is amazing, and I wish everyone a happy holidayz and cant wait to see what the future holds for DD1!

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079668395/

Edited by ASAPferocity
  • Confused 1

Another year is coming to an end and what a wonderful freaking year, some of us had it rough, many wont be with us in this holidays but I wish all of you pepes a wonderful Christmas and a better new year(early to say that). Is been a hell of a ride but at least we have DD to cope with it, please keep this game alive as usual and the drama too lol. Thanks to all CDT members you guys are awesome, to all the mods thanks for the work done keep the discord a toxic free place lol and too all the people that have helped me and play with me I appreciated a lot.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Alvarado31/

P.S I know sometimes I don't make any sense with my words but English is not my forte guys so :P and Thales my discord is Saitama#4177( last year I got rigged on the Christmas giveaway bc another guy have same name lol and I lost my chance of my Christmas magi :P lol)

source.gif

My favourite part by far is the dd1 community. From when i was noob till i got somewhat decent, I've receved so much help from people. Love yall. Special thainks to the dd streamers even tho there aren't many dd streams but i do enjoy their other content as much as i enjoy their dd content, so keep it up fellars. I hope every one gets their wishes fulfilled and now a few words from Billy Mack just because why not:

I feel it in my fingers,

I feel it in my toes,

Chrismas is all around me,

And so the feeling grows.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089066131/

Happy Holidays, 

the Mods deserve nice white christmas. But i prefer rain from the  rainmaker. 

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041347329/

• Escev pinned this topic
  • Escev unpinned this topic