Sign in to follow this  
Halagren

getting one shot

every armor piece 350+ upgrades with maxed armor rating for massacre plus EVERY upgrade put into vitality, plus ALL level ups put into vitality.  managed to get up to 351,000 health on my dps monk.  still the dragon one shot me with a fireball on wave 25 summit survival. 

Getting one shot is not fun, fix it.  also we should not be required to place EVERY SINGLE available point from every source in existence into vitality just to attempt to not have this happen.  really terrible

Did you at least cap out your armor? Health is useless if you don't reduce the damage anyway.

Edited by chpoit

yep, maxed out armor rating.  it's ridiculous.  and now after going at it for the last 8 hours, my buddy has decided to quit permanently.....this is extremely frustrating.

yea i had max armor and max vit, normally i can take 2ish, but not always, still get one shot sometimes.  super bad design, really awful.  frankly max vit shouldnt be the only viable dps strategy anyway just to TRY and not get one shotted.

I honestly can't believe you're right and I suggest double checking that armor. I have a monk with 400k hp and 75% armor (25/25/24/24) and I can take multiple hits. I've also done it with a huntress with the same 75% armor and only about 250k and I'm still able to take a fireball or two before getting worried. 

Something here isn't adding up and I'm not trying to be rude, just saying double check your armor stat once inside the match before you start a wave. I've def. taken more than one hit every time so either your armor isn't maxed to get one shotted at 350k hp, or you're getting smoked by multiple fireballs at once somehow. I do highly suggest checking those stats out in the match before a wave rather than in the tavern. I've checked mine in the tavern before and it's showed 75% and in a match before upgrading a new piece, it's under 75%. 

image.thumb.png.f35a67d15dea4020a4d1ac0aee545d4c.png

Once again yes my armor is maxed apparently a screenshot is the only way you'll believe it lmfao. 

Are you massacre maxed, or stat screen maxed?

I think you need something like two 25% and two 24% armor pieces to max massacre armor, but I'm not sure.

Seriously tho, the guy is right to be curious, last I ran summit massacre I had ~250k hp on my monk and didn't have any issues surviving 1-2 fireballs.

yes im on massacre, im maxed armor.  that screenshot is IN a massacre survival map.  and YES i got one shot twice with those stats. normally i can take 2 shots but not always.  and once again going FULL VITALITY should not be the equivalent of 2 shot instead of 1 shot.  it's horrible, horrible design.  even getting 2 shot is stupid.  the fact that it's possible to get one shot still is a huge huge huge problem

• Like 2

I get the frustration man, I do. The fact that many of us out there are having no issues eating a few fireballs is us mentioning anything we can to help while not understanding at the same time. 

Record a video or something and double check you're not eating multiple at the same time or at least it'll give us more to go on. The fact we've all mentioned the armor so many times is because we're all able to eat a few, not just one and done. Knowing my huntress with 75% armor can eat one fireball and still have 50-70kish left out of the 240/250ish is telling me something is wrong. My monk eats multiple as well at 400k and eating just one fireball doesn't take my health down enough to even care about healing or the DEWs either. 

12 hours ago, Nekanaia said:

I get the frustration man, I do. The fact that many of us out there are having no issues eating a few fireballs is us mentioning anything we can to help while not understanding at the same time. 

Does fireball damage scale with number of players?

look i know it's not real solution but when i did this map solo , i did it with build that made me don't fight the boss at all , just buff the DST , i had very low stat for this map and this how i did it the first few times