Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Sad to see the numbers

Recommended Posts

As of 04/11/2020 at 08:00 GMT

DD2  290

DD1  165

DDA  110

Went on yesterday and there was only 1 game in the browser with one player doing insane survival solo. I'm not sure how much the 1.2 udate will resurrect the numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's understandable. What are you supposed to do at this point? Do another 500 glitterhelm runs to get that 1.5k giraffe? Another 500 alch labs to get that 1.8k miner? I've already 500 alch lab runs and I got ONE useful miner with 1.2k across except power being 1.1k. 90% of my stones have 3 or even 2 stats only which fucking sucks. The RNG in this game needs to change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Reforging and Rifts are coming that are going to help with advancing in loot quality, if it will be well executed remains to be seen. I personally broke in to Massacre difficulty the other day and I'm already losing interest in playing due to the slow RNG of better drops. And in my case if I get a really good loot drop, my hero can't wear it due to the level requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i still to this day Play different maps from DDA every day after my work , i like the game and i am not farming loot just playing for fun, :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is DDA is boring you get stuff and then it gets easy then you get more stuff and get mad because the stuff you are getting is no better than the stuff you have.

DD2 for was hated because all of its micro transactions that sucked, but the game made you push for harder content with Onslaught so you still had a challenge plus the points allocation made it so you could do specific builds.

I know DDA is a basic remake of DD1 but still its played out the game needs some real change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, interval said:

The thing is DDA is boring you get stuff and then it gets easy then you get more stuff and get mad because the stuff you are getting is no better than the stuff you have.

DD2 for was hated because all of its micro transactions that sucked, but the game made you push for harder content with Onslaught so you still had a challenge plus the points allocation made it so you could do specific builds.

I know DDA is a basic remake of DD1 but still its played out the game needs some real change

Agreed. It took DD2 several rounds of almost every game mechanic getting revamped, but they eventually got a lot of things in a relatively good place. Obviously there's still plenty of room for improvement, but for reals, they genuinely learned from what DD1 did right/wrong and improved upon it. Even though DD2's game designers made some pretty huge mistakes, they listened to the community and improved. They have my respect for that, even if I still disagree with some of their design decisions. They also have my respect for managing to make DD2 what it is today given the F2P business model constraints they were handed.

DDA made token attempts to improve off of DD1, such as with the hero deck, but DDA has almost all the flaws of DD1 and then some. I don't feel that same sense of innovation in DDA that DD2 had. I also know that they get a lot of feedback from the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgic DD1 players to copy even more things over to DDA, which further encourages that lack of innovation.

As I've said from the start, DDA should have been a new unique title with new unique content. And while I still think that, I fear that it is too late for CG to pursue that path anymore.

Edited by gigazelle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even dungeon defenders biggest fanboy juicebags seems to have stopped doing videos/live streaming  DDA content

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, interval said:

Even dungeon defenders biggest fanboy juicebags seems to have stopped doing videos/live streaming  DDA content

 

Yea, he's been playing DD2, Graveyard Keeper, and Torchlight III instead.  He last streamed DDA over a month ago.

He could be under NDA for the newer content and might be helping test it (like Rift and such).

Edited by papafhill
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, papafhill said:

He could be under NDA for the newer content and might be helping test it (like Rift and such).

True but that has never stopped him from doing non NDA content in the past

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you look at the farmability of DD2 and DDA it is easy to see which one can potentially give you more replayability curently.

Maybe Chromatic should look at potentially socketing armour and introducing gems that can drop, be combined which give extra buffs to the base stats. Similar to Diablo 3.

I'm not sure just new content will be enough, you look at the games being run and it is mostly

Summit, Alch labs and Royal Gardens wave 23 start. Maybe some nightmare survival to get the achievement but that's a one and done. None of the challenges drop anything worth farming, they used to drop the ogre party hat, childhood toy, blasticus, things that initially were good to farm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

 

... Similar to Diablo 3 ...

 

When I read the 1.2 release notes Diablo 3 flashed before my eyes so many times. Rifts, rift enemies (elites), transmogs, & reforging. In 1.3 we'll have Kanai's cube in the secret tavern room.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

When you look at the farmability of DD2 and DDA it is easy to see which one can potentially give you more replayability curently.

Maybe Chromatic should look at potentially socketing armour and introducing gems that can drop, be combined which give extra buffs to the base stats. Similar to Diablo 3.

I'm not sure just new content will be enough, you look at the games being run and it is mostly

Summit, Alch labs and Royal Gardens wave 23 start. Maybe some nightmare survival to get the achievement but that's a one and done. None of the challenges drop anything worth farming, they used to drop the ogre party hat, childhood toy, blasticus, things that initially were good to farm.

 

I agree. The gear is so bland in DDA, the sets are just increased stats. I want sets to do cool bonuses similar to Diablo/PoE.

In DD2 you could change the Cannon Ball Tower from plain physical projectile tower, to do Ice damage/Magic dmg and even visually the projectiles would change to ice balls.

Now that they want to add player trading its perfect to add slightly complex gear sets, so if you are missing that last piece to your set you can just trade it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 5:34 AM, Fozzie said:

Similar to Diablo 3.

Can we get the RMT auction house too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 2:06 AM, Fozzie said:

As of 04/11/2020 at 08:00 GMT

DD2  290

DD1  165

DDA  110

Went on yesterday and there was only 1 game in the browser with one player doing insane survival solo. I'm not sure how much the 1.2 udate will resurrect the numbers.

You sure you didn't get marked as a hacker when only seeing 1 game in the browser? Last time I played before I uninstalled (over a month ago), I was only seeing 1-4 games in the browser. I just assumed I got marked as a hacker. Which is a big slap in the face after grinding the game for 700 hours and earning everything I got on my own. That is what made me stop playing the game, and I have seen this happen to others as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theProdigy said:

You sure you didn't get marked as a hacker when only seeing 1 game in the browser? Last time I played before I uninstalled (over a month ago), I was only seeing 1-4 games in the browser. I just assumed I got marked as a hacker. Which is a big slap in the face after grinding the game for 700 hours and earning everything I got on my own. That is what made me stop playing the game, and I have seen this happen to others as well. 

Yes, you were flagged as a hacker for having multiple heroes with 100k+ Hero stat points assigned, which can only be achieved through hacking, Unless you know of a way of another way, in which case I'd love to know about and we can talk about unflagging you. That said, the overwhelming majority of players being flagged have been investigated and proved to be cheating and I have personally looked into many cases and will continue to do so to anyone that thinks they were falsely flagged.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, Piki said:

I agree. The gear is so bland in DDA, the sets are just increased stats. I want sets to do cool bonuses similar to Diablo/PoE.

While not exactly the same thing as what you are likely imagining, WIth 1.2 we are taking the 1st step in that direction by adding new Armor sets that will give bonuses and help with various things, especially in the new Rift Mode

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [CG] Philip said:

While not exactly the same thing as what you are likely imagining, WIth 1.2 we are taking the 1st step in that direction by adding new Armor sets that will give bonuses and help with various things, especially in the new Rift Mode

Poggers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, [CG] Philip said:

While not exactly the same thing as what you are likely imagining, WIth 1.2 we are taking the 1st step in that direction by adding new Armor sets that will give bonuses and help with various things, especially in the new Rift Mode

Dungeon Defenders if I am correct came out in 2011 some 19 years ago, DDA came out A mere months ago. I have heard of stories about CG playing Dungeon Defenders to get an idea of what they wanted in DDA. I think a lot of the problems with DDA is that by CG playing Dungeon Defenders before/during development of DDA is that is made them look at Dungeon Defenders threw rose colored glasses. Players have changed and when a game comes back in a remake game players get bored because we have moved on threw new games and expect that from the games we play. Sorry CG but DDA needs big changes or its going to keep going down in player numbers

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 3:11 PM, [CG] Philip said:

Yes, you were flagged as a hacker for having multiple heroes with 100k+ Hero stat points assigned, which can only be achieved through hacking, Unless you know of a way of another way, in which case I'd love to know about and we can talk about unflagging you. That said, the overwhelming majority of players being flagged have been investigated and proved to be cheating and I have personally looked into many cases and will continue to do so to anyone that thinks they were falsely flagged.

COLD BUSTED

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...