It's not my first post on the subject, or even the first recent post on the subject in the forums. 

However, it's been weeks. Not weeks since we had news, weeks since a dev made a single post or reaction in the forums. 

Apart from Philips single response on 7th regarding a ruined Kickstarter reward, their last update was on how they were working on a bigger patch to fix the issues of 1.1 and wanted to get all of them out at once. That was back in mid September. 

I dont really have to convince anyone who frequents these forums on how the situation is currently bad. It's quite obvious. Despite CG repeatedly stating and promising that they want to and need to do better in communicating with their community, nothing really changes. 

The issues with current communication strategy? 

I suppose we should take the weekly streams as the information source and main community interaction from devs. I dont want to bash the streams as I like them as a supplementary idea, something that lets community engage with devs in real time, get less official updates and chats on the state of the game and what's going on. The issues with using this as your MAIN AVENUE of communication are numerous enough that it's a horrible idea. The biggest one is that for those of us who dont want to spend an hour watching a stream with a possibility of interesting info about the current state of the game, dont have a way to get the recaps on it quickly. If I personally dont enjoy the dev stream, I dont want to spend an hour weekly watching it, especially as there's no guarantee I can learn anything from it. If you want to use this as main source of communication, USE WRITTEN RECAPS. Something that can be glanced over in a minute or two, containing the most condensed and important info. Second, the dev stream happens at a scheduled time. If I dont happen to be able to participate at that time, it means there's no avenue for me to interact or pose questions, and I'm stuck watching a recording. I'd rather just not, to be honest. 

Other avenues for information? Facebook seems mostly deadend, there's little activity and it's not a forum suited for actual discussion, just short exchanges, with information being quite hard to find. Discord is, ofcourse, excellent, if you're active and you have an active dev team and community. Again, the problem is you have to be invested, constantly following and on top of it, while also having to go through a lot of not relevant stuff. Not really a good thing if you just want, say, weekly updates on what's going on with the game, what the team is working on and what's coming in the horizon. 

What does that leave us? Well, for example, the forums and news posts. If you cant afford to or dont have the resources to actively participate in the forums, just write a short recap on what you're working on with the game and why. Maybe what the challenges are and what time frame you're looking at. Be transparent, honest and communicate. 

The reason you're seeing an increasingly hostile, frustrated and angry fan-base is because you're really not giving us ANYTHING to work with. Almost two months with no updates on the state of the game? Last miniscule bug-fix patch on Sept. 18 and complete radio-silence since then? This is how a game and a company gets run into the ground. It's not just bad dev-work, it's bad business. 

• Like 3

I completely agree, I´m a fan since DD1, and even backed DDA on KS, but how they are handling DDA right now, if nothing changes I´ll probably not buy DD3 at all and advise anyone against preordering it. I hope it´ll get better soon. They are more Trendy Ent. than Chromatic Games atm.

• Like 1

This is probably how it's going to go. Big patch -> some small hotfixes the following two weeks -> long silence ( > 2 months) -> big patch/DLC/ -> hotfixes and so on

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 8:36 AM, old spice said:

It's not my first post on the subject, or even the first recent post on the subject in the forums. 

However, it's been weeks. Not weeks since we had news, weeks since a dev made a single post or reaction in the forums. 

Apart from Philips single response on 7th regarding a ruined Kickstarter reward, their last update was on how they were working on a bigger patch to fix the issues of 1.1 and wanted to get all of them out at once. That was back in mid September. 

I dont really have to convince anyone who frequents these forums on how the situation is currently bad. It's quite obvious. Despite CG repeatedly stating and promising that they want to and need to do better in communicating with their community, nothing really changes. 

The issues with current communication strategy? 

I suppose we should take the weekly streams as the information source and main community interaction from devs. I dont want to bash the streams as I like them as a supplementary idea, something that lets community engage with devs in real time, get less official updates and chats on the state of the game and what's going on. The issues with using this as your MAIN AVENUE of communication are numerous enough that it's a horrible idea. The biggest one is that for those of us who dont want to spend an hour watching a stream with a possibility of interesting info about the current state of the game, dont have a way to get the recaps on it quickly. If I personally dont enjoy the dev stream, I dont want to spend an hour weekly watching it, especially as there's no guarantee I can learn anything from it. If you want to use this as main source of communication, USE WRITTEN RECAPS. Something that can be glanced over in a minute or two, containing the most condensed and important info. Second, the dev stream happens at a scheduled time. If I dont happen to be able to participate at that time, it means there's no avenue for me to interact or pose questions, and I'm stuck watching a recording. I'd rather just not, to be honest. 

I feel the exact same way about the current exchange of information. Its abysmal to say the least. I have to wonder if they even visit the forum or if they have just enough time to answer 1 question about an order (good on you at least) before they have to leave. I dont have time for nor the energy to sit around and watch a long stream for potential information. 

Other avenues for information? Facebook seems mostly deadend, there's little activity and it's not a forum suited for actual discussion, just short exchanges, with information being quite hard to find. Discord is, ofcourse, excellent, if you're active and you have an active dev team and community. Again, the problem is you have to be invested, constantly following and on top of it, while also having to go through a lot of not relevant stuff. Not really a good thing if you just want, say, weekly updates on what's going on with the game, what the team is working on and what's coming in the horizon. 

What does that leave us? Well, for example, the forums and news posts. If you cant afford to or dont have the resources to actively participate in the forums, just write a short recap on what you're working on with the game and why. Maybe what the challenges are and what time frame you're looking at. Be transparent, honest and communicate. 

Maybe were the minority here, so it's not enough to be bothered with. I haven't got the website statistics, and I certainly dont got information about how many people actively use the other platforms, but I dont see how being honest with us is such a bad thing. I would think posting across all available social networks would be a great thing. Unless. Is it a bad thing?  

I honestly thought about going into detail about how the current exchange of information could be increased, just like you did, and literally I dont think they, a business, should need me, a single little entity, telling them how to run their stuff since they are doing well for themselves.  (Hey, I didn't raise half a million dollars, I'm just a scrub who donated to the cause.) But im glad you brought up those points because I think the next answer is this website and its forums. Just like you said, all we want are tidbits, just some stuff so we know CG is alive.

But from my little corner... Nah, I'm good here, go on with your business. 

The reason you're seeing an increasingly hostile, frustrated and angry fan-base is because you're really not giving us ANYTHING to work with. Almost two months with no updates on the state of the game? Last miniscule bug-fix patch on Sept. 18 and complete radio-silence since then? This is how a game and a company gets run into the ground. It's not just bad dev-work, it's bad business. 

Who's making these decisions??? Who is actively making sure no information can be shared with us, your consumers? 

I'm finally accepting my standards were too high. 🤣

On 11/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, VenatusXM said:

[...] I have to wonder if they even visit the forum or if they have just enough time to answer 1 question about an order (good on you at least) before they have to leave. [...] 

They definitely do come here often, you just have to say the following magic words:

"Hey CG, how far along in the DD3 development are you?"