chpoit

CG, your game is dying, again

You guys really need to fix this nonsense with the lack of communication.

There are two great ways to keep people playing a game.

1. Having content that can keep people engaged. You are both succeeding and failing hard at that. All the "vets" are mostly done with the content in the game, this makes them not play/not want to play. This lack of people makes others see that no one is playing and they despair because they can't beat the content and were looking  for carries, or since there is no one playing, they'll think, "Why play?".
  2. Build some goddamn hype. You've been mute for something like 2-3 months now. What the hell have you guys been doing. We want to know.

Back in the DD1 days the forums were thriving, in the early stages of every DDA patch, people post multiple times per day, now, no one is posting anything because no one is playing. There are almost more people playing DD1 than DDA. You are doing something wrong. I gave you 75$ because I believed you could recapture the hype and the fun of DD1, and while you have managed to recapture some of the fun, you're missing some of it and most of the hype. 

Look at the steamcharts and tell us with a straight face that there is nothing wrong with how you're doing things, at least it would be something. Blame it on COVID. Just do something rather than go dark for way too long.

I know some news are supposed to come out on 1.2 this week. This was apparently mentioned somewhere, but I can't find it.

Every week you do stream where barely 100 viewers show up. This should be a great indicator that you should work more on communication. Tell us something concrete not "Hurr durr we're not working on DD3, the patch is coming some year, come to the stream for a chance at a golden corgi".

I love DD, but you guys really don't look like you do.

Rant over, I guess, see you in game someday.

• Like 7

Ya the communication sucks. Most things they do on discord or so .... It's a shame . And there is still no ate on patch 1.2. hope it come fast there just to much bug in the game. Not only talking off loot drop .

It's like for patch 1.1 the summit siren bug way is it in it for so long no one Wanne play summit. But they did have time to nurf the squir. And so are there more bugs 

• Like 2

I do believe this game is dying. the developers give no feedback to us. the game is buggy as hell. I personally watched my own tower Nerf them selves. this morning I was do mass in alchemy and electric aura was doing 13k over clocked. I took a break for 20 mins came back and not doing only 9k over. same gear.  In just the last 4 weeks I have watch the amount of player drop by 60%. because they are made because of bugs or have nothing else to do. Yet we keep asking the creators whats up and get wall of silence. Now they have all this kick starters money and we have little to nothing to show for it.

So developers if you are reading this. giving us at the least once a month updates letting us know you still care is the least you can do. If you have giving up on the game then have the common curtsy to say as much so we can uninstall and move on.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, chpoit said:

Back in the DD1 days the forums were thriving, in the early stages of every DDA patch, people post multiple times per day, now, no one is posting anything because no one is playing.

I keep hoping that it's just CG killing the forums and shifting focus to Discord or Twitch or something.  But the fact that there's not even been a patch to the game in over a month is disheartening.  I get that there's a lot of major things that need working on, from console versions and split screen to bug fixes and player shops, but they made the choice to bring it out of Early Access, so I have to treat this as a released product.

That said, DD1 released on October 19, 2011.  It's first DLC was Halloween-themed content on October 28, 2011.  Even putting aside that the DLC was free for the first couple weeks, I can't help but be saddened if DDA, being "released" for nearly 5 months, does not have anything.

• Like 4

@Batophobia You are right. I do hope they want to move the focus else were. Yet if this is the case. they need to state as much. I also get this year is not a normal year for anyone. At the same time they could at the very least acknowledge us as the consumers. This game isn't like FNAF were its one person doing all the work. because if that was the case we would all be beyond patient between updates. I do love this game series and know for a fact it has a lot of potential. I also know this was suppose to be a 9 act game tell a whole complete story for once. Yet as a fan. if I hear absolutely nothing from the developer. once can only assume they have given up on the game. Its getting mad down votes on steam due to just this.

id proberly still be playing maybe if loot was changed in the final act i just have no will to grind endlessly for a chance of finding something better than i got from alch labs  thats what stoped me grinding more once u got alch labs gear u can clear everything but finding better gear ull be grinding for weeks to find a cupple of peaces if ur lucky 

• Like 1

Lol, I stopped playing half way through NMHC Survival.  I just thought, "what's the point?"

If there was some variety between each difficulty and a reason to grind endlessly that was just to get stronger, then I'd probably want to keep playing.  However, they don't have anything in the game that I'd say is completely fresh and different from DD1, so why bother?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, papafhill said:

Lol, I stopped playing half way through NMHC Survival.  I just thought, "what's the point?"

If there was some variety between each difficulty and a reason to grind endlessly that was just to get stronger, then I'd probably want to keep playing.  However, they don't have anything in the game that I'd say is completely fresh and different from DD1, so why bother?

Why did you play dda in the first place then? It was clear that it's gonna be like that for a while

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Fuzzyape said:

Why did you play dda in the first place then? It was clear that it's gonna be like that for a while

Because, I believed this bullshit:

"It's really a new experience built from the ground up in UE4."

"It's going to have the really intense action packed hero combat that makes this game feel so good.  It's going to have the incredibly rewarding and satisfying RPG progression that feels like you are constantly working towards something."

"I really think that playing this game that players are not only able to relive their favorite memories of the series, but with some of the surprises we are throwing in, they're also going to be on the edge of their seats asking what's going to happen next."

What a load of shit.

• Like 4

The main issue with the game is lack of updates. Every keeps say DD1 was the great game compared to the rest. But the only thing that made it great was it was fresh and new. it took them forever to finish the whole game and polish it to were its at today. which is great and shows they believed in there own game. I like DD2 more then one. that just me. But my major drawn back on DD2 was the micro transactions for skins.  This game has the potential to be something great.  Yet as it stands right now. its failing. Hell the made set gear that is pointless. yes its nice to get the 40% bonus but nothing other then that.

Don't even get me started on the stupid useless times between rnd on the campaign from insane on. it causes so much useless stress. Then there is the nerf the do to you on nightmare and mass. basically making the grind pointless.  My issue is the lack of any unique drops till mass.  Grind should be fun and never feel like a chore. but at the end of the day. the developers prove they gave up. they don't respond to the fans the helped them get the money to make the game in the first place.

19 hours ago, papafhill said:

Well, if you guys think you could do better... WHY NOT APPLY?!

https://chromatic.games/jobs/Community Manager.pdf

Looking at the benefits, that is a pretty insane deal.  I mean, UK-level benefits with their 15 days of PTO and two weeks of holiday time off.

I would definitely ask about the health care benefits offered... those aren't even mentioned...

Given that they fired their last one due to lack of sales, even though she was doing an incredible job and was basically handling all of the problems OP mentioned, I don't think that's a particularly grand idea.

Sidenote: WHAT?  They're rehiring this position now?  I'm sorry, but bring back Mary please.

• Haha 2

@Valthejean Apply for what? If they had lack of sales one has to wonder why. not enough people steaming it, not enough people talking about it. not enough publicity for it. so what would anyone be applying for. I feel like you know something we don't and are trying to bait us into following for scam you are employing.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vhoori said:

@Valthejean Apply for what? If they had lack of sales one has to wonder why. not enough people steaming it, not enough people talking about it. not enough publicity for it. so what would anyone be applying for. I feel like you know something we don't and are trying to bait us into following for scam you are employing.

....huh?  I was quoting a previous comment.  What on earth are you talking about?

• Like 2

@Vhoori Yea, that is a job posting on Chromatic's website that I shared.  Valthejean was just quoting me.

100% legit link and job posting.  Also, didn't realize they fired their last Community Manager.  That is a bummer.

2 hours ago, Vhoori said:

I like DD2 more then one. that just me. But my major drawn back on DD2 was the micro transactions for skins.  This game has the potential to be something great.  Yet as it stands right now. its failing. Hell the made set gear that is pointless. yes its nice to get the 40% bonus but nothing other then that.

Ummmm, micro transactions for cosmetic things isn't a bad idea.  Plus, it was the same mentality that they ripped off from League of Legends.  DD2 was supposed to be a MOBA just like League of Legends, then at the last second they fired their Co-Founder, Jeremy, and changed back to the Tower Defense genre.

Also, the set equipment is the same as in DD1.

• Like 1

After grinding 700 hours, I randomly got marked as a hacker. Pretty sure this has happened to other people too. This is another big reason why people are quitting. I immediately uninstalled. Perhaps marking legit players as hackers who put nearly 1k hours into your game isn't the best marketing strategy when there are less than 200 concurrent players a day at peak hours. 

Plus higher difficulties are kind of a mess. Even being able to complete them doesn't feel good. The builds that are necessary to beat the most difficult Massacre maps feel like exploits rather than well thought out strategy with multiple ways to beat it. Considering DSTs are your only option for anti-air on the hardest maps.... That is also a mess since they can ignore copters and fire at less priority targets. It just feels like the builds required to complete the hardest maps are exploity and messy when you finally do complete it. Anti-air would actually solve a large chunk of this issue though as long as the DU is reasonable. 

Game has incredible potential, but I am done playing until the hacker mark thing gets reverted AND a patch comes out with anti-air or something of the sort that will allow for cleaner strategies for builds. 

Edited by theProdigy
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:18 PM, papafhill said:

Well, if you guys think you could do better... WHY NOT APPLY?!

https://chromatic.games/jobs/Community Manager.pdf

Looking at the benefits, that is a pretty insane deal.  I mean, UK-level benefits with their 15 days of PTO and two weeks of holiday time off.

I would definitely ask about the health care benefits offered... those aren't even mentioned...

This is a pretty stuck up comment if I say so. How about YOU apply? This isnt about taking their jobs or saying they are bad at it. At this point your preaching to the choir dude. We just want some communication and maybe to see CG actually cares about this game. Maybe my expectations were too high. But you can blame CG for that since they posted soooooo much prior to the games release, and then as soon as it was released every week we have gotten less and less communication. If their benefits are so great it's because I funded it alongside almost 12,000 OTHER backers, and that was just on kickstarter alone. 

Why are we barely  at 300 people playing in a 24 hour span (CLICK HERE for PROOF!! https://steamcharts.com/app/1101190)

If they want to offer me a position to sit down and tell you guys how their doing with progress, then I will do it for free.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by VenatusXM
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, theProdigy said:

After grinding 700 hours, I randomly got marked as a hacker. Pretty sure this has happened to other people too. 

You are definitely not the first person who wrongfully got tagged as a hacker, there are a couple of reviews on steam mentioning that, and there have been a couple of threads with people who claim similar things. When 1.0 came out, I recall there being a bunch of people claiming they got tagged for changing the game language.

Anti-cheats are ultimately flawed, and useless, in non-competitive games. It does not affect me if timmy has 1 billion damage on his DSTs. If he wants to join my game I'll just kick him out.

I can understand why there is a desire for an anti-cheat. It falls under the dev's mentality of "you better play my way or else". We can see that in the addition of RNG and the push towards active play the devs have been shoving onto the players. This is yet another flaw in the way the devs are going. If you want an example of why this is not the best way to go about making the game, just look at Risk of Rain 2. They just say, here's a game, do 1 trillion damage and try not to die and it's become one of the most popular games recently. Don't believe me? Just look at the steam charts.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, papafhill said:

Because, I believed this bullshit:

"It's really a new experience built from the ground up in UE4."

"It's going to have the really intense action packed hero combat that makes this game feel so good.  It's going to have the incredibly rewarding and satisfying RPG progression that feels like you are constantly working towards something."

"I really think that playing this game that players are not only able to relive their favorite memories of the series, but with some of the surprises we are throwing in, they're also going to be on the edge of their seats asking what's going to happen next."

If these are actual quotes, and this is actually how they stated it.... I want to play that game, that game sounds promising. Where is that game, dude? Give me a link! 

Jokes aside,

I had tons of fun in EA and probably over 250 of my 450 play hours come from it. Probably more. The reason why that 450 has only hit 460 over the last month and a half is because of the following, and I have stated these in other posts too.

1. Lack of Communication

I see a lot of people post regularly on this. Old and new users alike have a concern with the lack of communication. CG was awesome on this in the early stages of development. (I guess when you have almost half a million, you do...) Stop! Look at that comment I just made. That was the first thought that popped into my head as I wrote it. Is this how you want to be seen? I surely can not be the only one who feels frustrated; and, to be honest sad about the level of communication going on. I know your people, not robots. I hope CG employees will see this comment as well. We know you are adapting and learning, especially after creating Chromatic Games from TRENDY entertainment. I am trying to be patient, but every day I inch closer and closer to the abyss. Throw me a "Defender Weekly" (newspaper knockoff lol) that just says, "Hey" with anything else you can give. I mean is your office okay?? That was terrible news to learn about, I feel like a lot of the community was wondering how you guys were doing after, and you haven't even updated us as to that. Give us some fun pictures of work life maybe. Your a game studio, you can't have that dreary of an office, can you? If this is just a method to get us to move to Discord then you should just say so. (That bit is speculation)

2. No new content

I mean that one is straight forward. 

3. Major missing content pieces

I would have been ok with a game in ea longer, rather than receive our game in it's current state. At this point I'm just bringing up dead ghosts. But literally leaving out the only things that mattered was not the way to go.

We need Splitscreen, Consoles, Player shops, Personel Shops, Trading, Dropping items, Hero skins staying when joining other lobbies (why isnt this a thing?) We need all this ASAP. 

Grype from someone who donated a hundo, I hope the Gold, Gilded tavern gets some love. It looks like a leprechaun threw up everywhere in there, but again... you can throw this one to the last burner. Be cool if people could see it when you turn it gold too, because as it stands they cant.  

On 10/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, papafhill said:

What a load of shit.

*sad face*

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, chpoit said:

You are definitely not the first person who wrongfully got tagged as a hacker, there are a couple of reviews on steam mentioning that, and there have been a couple of threads with people who claim similar things. When 1.0 came out, I recall there being a bunch of people claiming they got tagged for changing the game language.

Anti-cheats are ultimately flawed, and useless, in non-competitive games. It does not affect me if timmy has 1 billion damage on his DSTs. If he wants to join my game I'll just kick him out.

I can understand why there is a desire for an anti-cheat. It falls under the dev's mentality of "you better play my way or else". We can see that in the addition of RNG and the push towards active play the devs have been shoving onto the players. This is yet another flaw in the way the devs are going. If you want an example of why this is not the best way to go about making the game, just look at Risk of Rain 2. They just say, here's a game, do 1 trillion damage and try not to die and it's become one of the most popular games recently. Don't believe me? Just look at the steam charts.

I agree with you in all respect.  In my opinion it doesn't matter if there are hackers. With this kind of game studio they are not going to be able to indefinitely keep the anticheat software going anywags. Unless it just needs to be activated then it's good for life (tbh I dont know much about anticheat software, I get my experience from how Call of Duty works lol)

Hackers want to join me, then I'll boot them, and the game should register they were kicked (or make a ban list from your own lobbies.) I can understand those who want ranked, but I mean we dont even have proper leaderboards.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VenatusXM said:

If these are actual quotes, and this is actually how they stated it....

Oh, yes.  Exactly what they said in that video.

Furthermore, I was using that link to respond to someone above who asked me why I even bought the game... it was that video and what they said in it that made me want to play it! :D

Not anymore though :(

Edited by papafhill

Sadly the game killed itself as far as progression by the hero deck allowing all heores in deck to get xp. It was the right thing to do but it did significantly speed up that progression to 100, where it took a long time in DD1. There is very little RPG progression as most stats are really killed as far as points spent and actual reward. So you have basically only one main stat for builders or dps, non of the others really mean you drop points away from either power, fortify or attack., unless you have specialist monk boosters. With Rift enemies announced that kind of makes EV DPS less viable. 

Only one viable weapon per class is limiting.

Assault was lacklustre due to no Blasticus

A PvP deathmatch and assault map or maps would have been good to have, with the winners getting better end game chests than the defeated.

I'm waiting to relive my favourite memories on Sky City, Moraggo, AQUANOS!!!!!!!!! etc.

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Sadly the game killed itself as far as progression by the hero deck allowing all heores in deck to get xp. It was the right thing to do but it did significantly speed up that progression to 100, where it took a long time in DD1. There is very little RPG progression as most stats are really killed as far as points spent and actual reward. So you have basically only one main stat for builders or dps, non of the others really mean you drop points away from either power, fortify or attack., unless you have specialist monk boosters. With Rift enemies announced that kind of makes EV DPS less viable. 

Only one viable weapon per class is limiting.

Assault was lacklustre due to no Blasticus

A PvP deathmatch and assault map or maps would have been good to have, with the winners getting better end game chests than the defeated.

I'm waiting to relive my favourite memories on Sky City, Moraggo, AQUANOS!!!!!!!!! etc.

to me its to little to late ive seen the rift anouncement and holds little to no intrest to me i like to work hard to get the stats to afk the content for even better stats this whole stratergy that lots like to do is kinda out the window. if the siren is the first rift enermy we have seen does that now mean we can get ogers choppers dinjins that are rift enermys now that cant be damaged by towers and throw more balance out the window? ill hold judgement on that till its out but everything should be damageable by towers after all it is a tower defence game...

leveling has always been a tricky one to get right in dd games dd1 was slow as anything unless u had controlers etc to speed things up ( mainly solo played dd1 with 3k+ hours in it) . DDE the leveling didnt really effect the game as much as it was more about item power to unlock content ( if i remeber right). dd2 was fast lvling  u just sailed through to level cap before ud even new it by doing the campagne. DDA the lvling is still proberly abit to fast could be slowed down a fair bit with how long it takes to find upgradeable gear after act1 of massacure survival.

Im not asking for there to be upgrades after ever map u run but a way to improve after every map to make it feel like ur getting somewhere would be nice in its current state running act3 maps feels more like banging ur head on a brick wall hoping to knock one brick out which might be an upgrade.

DD1 be it unbalanced a fair bit had a good progression  through the content  going from map to map and finding upgrades as u moved through them. i came back to dd1 a month before open beta started with 3k  stats and worked my way up to 8k stats without buying anything in shops just soloing my way through survivals working through the content with 3 xbox controlers to hel get the loot going ( dd1 had limits on how meny of a certain type could drop per char on the map so with one u could only have 2 ultimate++ drops on the map at any time if another droped one would vanish adding the controllers in enabled more drops to happen and stay on the ground.

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I think that the hero deck is much better solution to usual virtual xbox controllers to be able to level 4 characters at once. I think the actual issue is they blew their load on levels with no appropriate way to reward leveling. Right now 45-70 to play nightmare is a pain and 83-90 just feels horrible. It is nowhere as bad as in DD1 where you had to suffer through countless glitterhelm NMHC campaign runs just to get decent exp. It's much better than it was, but the levels don't mean anything. I do agree that they made stats useless however.

• Like 3