Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YUxGIxOHxOMEGA

Player Quitting?

Recommended Posts

I log on the game like 1 months ago and there was like 100+ games up and i log yesterday and there was like 3 games up , people got bored of the game ? because is quite boring there not a lot more people playing DDA :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've never ssen more than 50 games myself, but if you look at your steam charts you can see that there are still an average of 600 players everyday. It is lower than the ~1k around when survival came out, but it's not the worst that the game has seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legacy mode has been removed. 

Now to answer the "where are all those people" question, this is something I have been wondering myselft. Lets say there are 60 public games that are all completely full, that's 240 people, leaving over 300 people playing with friends only. I think that this number is a bit too high to be realistic. It is possible, but weird considering the "social" aspect of dungeon defenders. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I play quite a few Friends only games, i.e. for me that's private. Just because I like to do stuff solo and get the build I want to use down pat before building publics. I do play publics when i just want to play and not build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chpoit said:

leaving over 300 people playing with friends only

I think you might be surprised how many people play solo or exclusively with friends, but there's also the cheaters section.  Once you get flagged as a cheater, you can only play with others that have been classified as such.

Edited by Batophobia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, chpoit said:

Legacy mode has been removed. 

Now to answer the "where are all those people" question, this is something I have been wondering myselft. Lets say there are 60 public games that are all completely full, that's 240 people, leaving over 300 people playing with friends only. I think that this number is a bit too high to be realistic. It is possible, but weird considering the "social" aspect of dungeon defenders. 

I mean. I love people and all that, but I get way too socially anxious with randoms a lot of the time.

So I tend to exclusively play solo or with good friends who currently do not own this one.

Right now however I am waiting for a more complete version of the game, and possibly the Switch version, so not been playing as much as I first expected.

Either way I'm sure there are quite a few people who play with people they know over public games, so it's not too surprising if most tend to do so at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, YUxGIxOHxOMEGA said:

I log on the game like 1 months ago and there was like 100+ games up and i log yesterday and there was like 3 games up , people got bored of the game ? because is quite boring there not a lot more people playing DDA :(

think theres a fair few in the same boat as me got all the gear needed from act1 ( minus a few peaces that are refusing to drop with the stats im after) but are fed up of playing for hours upon hours  upon hours in act 3 for maybe one peace of gear to drop at over 400 upgrades. the funs gone theres nothing rewarding in the maps after act1  yea ive got some ok geraffis with 900+ base stats  but gear wise ive had 3 drops in silly amount of hours that id consider upgrades. 

theres no fun in playing for hours and getting no reward for doing so, for now im going through steam libary and playing some classic games ive not played in ages  playing new games thats just come out or had dlc ive not played yet ( tony hawks 1-2 nostalga as i played the origanals when they came out ) borderlands 3 dlc i havent touched etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 1:37 PM, bc304daedalus said:

think theres a fair few in the same boat as me got all the gear needed from act1 ( minus a few peaces that are refusing to drop with the stats im after) but are fed up of playing for hours upon hours  upon hours in act 3 for maybe one peace of gear to drop at over 400 upgrades. the funs gone theres nothing rewarding in the maps after act1  yea ive got some ok geraffis with 900+ base stats  but gear wise ive had 3 drops in silly amount of hours that id consider upgrades. 

theres no fun in playing for hours and getting no reward for doing so, for now im going through steam libary and playing some classic games ive not played in ages  playing new games thats just come out or had dlc ive not played yet ( tony hawks 1-2 nostalga as i played the origanals when they came out ) borderlands 3 dlc i havent touched etc

I have to agree with the sentiment raised here. At a certain point chasing down one upgrade after possibly 30 runs gets old. Some people have more patience than others for looking for a piece giving you 20 or 30 extra stats. There will be another influx of players once new content is released giving us something new to farm, but until then some players will take breaks, some are pretty happy solo or with just friends and finding the maps you want to get publicly wont be as available. Perhaps asking in the official discord or other servers for the game might help you get groups easier, not everyone enjoys playing with randoms and may wish to talk to other players first.

Edited by dizzydiana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...