Sign in to follow this  
vosh

Exp is way to dam high

The amount of exp to level up from about 75+ starts to get to be a bit much. I have characters who are waiting on gear just because of level. Im stuck unable to progress because im at 87 and have as good as gear as i cantill 90. Currently a level would take like 3 solid hoursof just focusing on that. That means atleast 10 hours till the next gear tier would be available. 

• Confused 2

You're doing something wrong if you need three hours for a level at level 87. Best way to get xp at that point is doing either promenado NMHCSV or whatever massacre campaign map you can clear comfortably. Promenade gives like a quarter level when you're alone and a bit more when in group.

• Like 1

With the hero deck the level grind is way easier than it was in DD1, which is great.

When I was levelling I used Magus Quarters Pure Strategy as it was by far the easiest on stats to complete high waves.

Promenade NMHC Survival and then Glitterhelm NMHC Survival came next for me until I had everyone past 90, then TBH there is no difference between 90 and 100.

Hopefully a new layer of lvl 100 requirement gear will be introduced as per DD1.

TLDR: Much prefer DDA with hero deck than DD1 with controllers or emulators and lots of runs of Tavern Defence Pure Strategy

• Like 1

I hqve 20 heroes lvl 100 propubly could have had more. Its too easy to get xp. It should be lowered.

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

With the hero deck the level grind is way easier than it was in DD1, which is great.

See I prefer not to use the hero deck. I try to keep the other slots empty as I like to build each character up via playing with them. The whole shared xp thing takes a lot away for me. I would rather a smooth XP curve to be repeated, than a larger grind to do all heroes at once. I like the feeling of progression and getting more powerful, more than just reaching the end goal.

Not that I have played enough to know how hard later levels actually are in this one, so I cannot comment on that. But I hope it doesn't become a chore to play like so many other games end up as.

3 hours ago, LemonyNebula said:

The whole shared xp thing takes a lot away for me. I would rather a smooth XP curve to be repeated, than a larger grind to do all heroes at once. I like the feeling of progression and getting more powerful, more than just reaching the end goal.

Just wanted to clarify the XP is multiplied to each hero, so it won't take longer to level 4 heroes at once, than 1 at a time. Though I understand if you still enjoy the aspect of leveling them one by one, Just wanted to make sure you understood that part.

• Like 1

I think the xp, deck, and progression are good as they stand; I would not change anything.

I did notice yesterday that my deck got 0 xp for a run.  Every hero in it was level 100.  I thought previously that xp above level 100 was tracked?

11 hours ago, [CG] Philip said:

Just wanted to clarify the XP is multiplied to each hero, so it won't take longer to level 4 heroes at once, than 1 at a time. Though I understand if you still enjoy the aspect of leveling them one by one, Just wanted to make sure you understood that part.

Yeah, it's about playing with the heroes as they get more powerful individually for me. So gaining every stat and level by playing with that particular hero. I love progression and feeling like I am getting stronger, and I feel I lose that for the other heroes if I level them up as one.

I mean, it's not a problem of course as I just equip one hero at a time, and I agree the deck system makes sense when you switch them in and out a lot for multi-roles. It's just my preference really.

So it's not really about leveling anyone faster or slower, and more about spending more time with them at their differing levels. But thanks for clearing up the times regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, LemonyNebula said:

Yeah, it's about playing with the heroes as they get more powerful individually for me. So gaining every stat and level by playing with that particular hero. I love progression and feeling like I am getting stronger, and I feel I lose that for the other heroes if I level them up as one.

I mean, it's not a problem of course as I just equip one hero at a time, and I agree the deck system makes sense when you switch them in and out a lot for multi-roles. It's just my preference really.

So it's not really about leveling anyone faster or slower, and more about spending more time with them at their differing levels. But thanks for clearing up the times regardless.

Don't you play every hero in your deck individually though? Or do you clear maps with just one hero at a time? How is that even possible? E.g. if you have your monk in your hero deck, do only use him to progress?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzyape said:

Don't you play every hero in your deck individually though? Or do you clear maps with just one hero at a time? How is that even possible? E.g. if you have your monk in your hero deck, do only use him to progress?

Well I usually team up with my friends, each having a character of their own. So most of the roles are covered in that sense.

I can then rotate and try someone new from the ground up.

But yeah, I have done many runs from beginning to end with a single character. Certainly adds a challenge when you reach the toughest of levels/ difficulties (Or at least it did with DD1 as I played that a LOT), but it was 'mostly' possible.

If I hit a ceiling, I would start with a new character and build them up to that point, if I didn't level one up already. Then I would use them both if needed.

I'm not against playing all the characters or even using them together, I just like to level them up when I actually use them, rather than them leveling on the backburner. It interests me more.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:53 AM, Lolstol said:

I hqve 20 heroes lvl 100 propubly could have had more. Its too easy to get xp. It should be lowered.

You also probably toke advantage of early dragon exp glitch. Leveling characters who can clearly complete content that they cant equip the reward is the issue.r

Either way i dont understand why ican complete something and get rewards i cant use for like another 6 hours of gameplay. Id understand if they had trading in the game.

59 minutes ago, vosh said:

Either way i dont understand why ican complete something and get rewards i cant use for like another 6 hours of gameplay. Id understand if they had trading in the game.

I think that getting stuff that makes you go, "oh shit, I can be powerful later" is actually a good thing.

This, however doesn't deny the fact that the grind from 83-90 is kinda there to tell you "I know you wanna do massacre right now, but we've decided that you really need to master AFK leveling in prom.

• Like 1