kitfisto

Stuck on drakenfrost 9-14-2020

please help be brother and i started this game on ps4 during quarantine and we are constantly getting blocked from completing missions because the drakenfrost boss shows up and we cant defeat him. he'll show up with a million health in normal difficulty adventure mode and we do 5 dmg a hit to him. so when he shows up we have to back out of the mission and hope he doesnt show up again is there a buff we need? Is there a trick to him that we arent getting? All the tutorials on YT are for defeating him in his map but we arent at that point yet and if it keeps up we'll find a different game. Is it even worth playing like are they still doing updates for the game? Why is it christmas? Its a fun game we like coming up with funky strats for things but this is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Once he puts his Ice Shield up you will need to ignite him to disable it. Early on the easiest way to get that done is the Huntress because she has her Oil Flask and Phoenix (#2 and #3 abilities) that can create the ignite combo.

35 minutes ago, kitfisto said:

Why is it christmas?

Because free stuff inside presents is amazing

• Like 2

Some of these are ahead of where you are, but here are some tips just in case. 

You can also put a burning strikes shard on your DPS hero. It gives you a chance to ignite on each hit. Best with a ranged hero. You can buy 1 for 1000 DMs in town.

Def tower way, if you check the enemy schedules so you know where he will spawn - place an Oil Geyser (Lavemancer) in the middle of the path, near the spawn point, then have a Flame Aura (Monk) over it or nearby. Oiled boss hits flame and will ignite. 

Also, if you have Barbarian, active his Def Stance, and Drakkenlord's frost aura will have no effect on him, so you can run up and kill him. 

Overall - i fully agree that Drakkenlord should not spawn on random maps. Bastille Master too. Especially before like Chaos 7. It's unfair to players not decked out. This game is rough on new players, but i can say it's worth the time and effort to stick with it. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

fire and oil upstairs for the new beginners, until you figure out Burning Strikes, or Oil Flask. 

One side fire, other side is oil.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:05 AM, jumblebuck said:

fire and oil upstairs for the new beginners, until you figure out Burning Strikes, or Oil Flask. 

One side fire, other side is oil.

OP is talking about drakenlord on random maps, not the drakenfrost keep map. Also, I don't think you can use the oil/fire pickups on that map against enemies; i thought it only worked with the torches.