Sign in to follow this  
Atspulgs

Deadly Strike Tower shows the wrong DPS number?

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed it ( I assume they have), but I think the math here is a bit wrong.

It shows 206.7k DPS (in this instance) but if you do the math... 401.6k / 1.29s you should get 311.3k DPS
To have half the dps then you should eb doing a shot every 2 seconds.... I believe this is just a visual bug? It feels like 1.29 speed is about right in the actual game and the damage per shot is correct...

I also did some math on other towers and they seem correct.... seems a bit odd to me that this  one tower would show the wrong number???

This may be already a known issue and may have already been reported, and if thats the case, I apologize for duplication.

I also understand that this isnt a very important thing :D But if someone has some time on a Friday maybe they can do something lite and look into it ;)

DDS-Win64-Shipping_HM50OxuRdC.png

Think it has something to do with the september 2nd hotfix. They "fixed" the defense rate and dps of the DST to account for the wind up animation. I just noticed that the defense rate was considerably less and consequently the DST was nerfed quite a bit.

The issue happens when ever you use a overclock beam on the DST at this time, We have a fix coming for the DPS calculation to correctly display when buffed.

As far as any claims about the tower being nerfed, There was absolutely no change in actual DPS for the tower, It attacks at the same rate as before, and does the same damage too. The DPS on the tooltip will be lower and the attack rate will be slower to account for the windup time of the attack animation as stated in the patchnotes but this change will result in more accurate DPS calculations once the buffing issue is addressed.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, [CG] Philip said:

The issue happens when ever you use a overclock beam on the DST at this time, We have a fix coming for the DPS calculation to correctly display when buffed.

As far as any claims about the tower being nerfed, There was absolutely no change in actual DPS for the tower, It attacks at the same rate as before, and does the same damage too. The DPS on the tooltip will be lower and the attack rate will be slower to account for the windup time of the attack animation as stated in the patchnotes but this change will result in more accurate DPS calculations once the buffing issue is addressed.  

Thanks for the clarification

Thats a very nice explanation.
Thank You!

Youre doing great team.