Sign in to follow this  
ZephyrShyZ

DD2 Towers in DDA

This could be quite controversial, but i personally prefer the dd2 towers over the dd1 towers by far.
What i'd love is for dda to have both dd1 and dd2 towers but letting us choose certain towers over others, only example i can come up with is with the Series EV
DD2's EV2 can have Proton Beam, Reflect Beam, Buff Beam and Weapon Manufacturer
DDA's EV-A have everything mentioned above except Weapon Manufacturer, but also has the Physical Beam and Shock Beam, so what i thought is that we'd be able to keep all the equal/same towers from each game but the different towers could be replaced with other different towers, allowing us to replace DD1's physical or shock beam with the weapon manufacturer but keeping everything else the same cause they're the same exact towers.. It's really hard to explain stuff that just pops in your head

• Like 1

I would really like this, my original idea for something like this was just to have the gender reverse heroes have the dd2 towers though, rather than being able to change towers on a single hero.

Now the question is what shards would be inherent to these towers, as shards are not in dda, like should the cannonball towers automatically have a small chance to stun, or just make them the base towers? I would prefer for at least one shard effect on each tower if they were to be transferred.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:53 PM, VideoManiac said:

Now the question is what shards would be inherent to these towers, as shards are not in dda, like should the cannonball towers automatically have a small chance to stun, or just make them the base towers? I would prefer for at least one shard effect on each tower if they were to be transferred.

That or they could add some very basic shards to the game, such as Range, Rate, chance to stun, defense power or other smaller things. As long as they don't go into DD2's ridiculous shard system i'd be very happy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZephyrShyZ said:

That or they could add some very basic shards to the game, such as Range, Rate, chance to stun, defense power or other smaller things. As long as they don't go into DD2's ridiculous shard system i'd be very happy

Remember that this is a dd1 remake

On 9/2/2020 at 9:03 AM, Lolstol said:

Maybe we can get these ideas in DD3 then.. when that day comes, hopefully they'll complete DDA way before that

On 9/2/2020 at 2:03 AM, Lolstol said:

That doesn't mean they can't change some things.  For example, DD1 had mana chests to get each build phase and didn't have a double jump.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, ZephyrShyZ said:

The problem with DD2's shards is that stats and extras occupy the same slots, so in almost all cases stats are used because power > extras. So if shards ever show up again, please do not include one's for pure stats! Make towers fun by having the option to change their nature, like adding stun or AOE. Rate/power/range are just too powerful, and ultimately- boring. 

Same thing with MODs. I'm all for extras that enhance TD gameplay, but pure stats are just....not any more fun. What keeps me going is the fun. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Batophobia said:

That doesn't mean they can't change some things.  For example, DD1 had mana chests to get each build phase and didn't have a double jump.

Oh, i have 240 hours and i have not noticed that! Ofc they change thing.

I can say that if shards that change how a tower functions come in then i wouldn't want them to be for only the dd2 towers, this would need to be a game wide addition, and would honestly hope that each hero would get at least one shard for one of their towers, but preferably all towers have at least one shard when introduced.

• Like 1