Sign in to follow this  
kingdiamond1986

Multiplayer to hard

Posted (edited)

In solo i can get to wave 25 it's not easy but I'm getting there. 

But if I do it in multiplayer the djinn go from 3 m to 13 mil and shark get a ton of hp it's not killeble. So will this be a solo game or will multiplayer be playeble hope so. It's just no fun to play multiplayer  

And I do got 5'k + stats 

Edited by kingdiamond1986
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

That is a very interesting statement, because from my experience so far it seems to be the other way around:

Solo seems to be way harder than a (halfway) organized group. I say "halfway organized", because - obvisiouly - if you have undergeared players with you, it is definitely getting harder. So let's consider a group of players with roughly the same state of progression:

• As a solo player you just cannot be everywhere at the same time. This might not be a big deal on the early maps, which are very small and walkways are short or almost non-existent. But eventually you want to farm Glitterhelm and then you will definitely have to account for the long traveling distances between the different lanes. A full group can cover all lanes here at any time or shift forces according to certain threats, without having to completely abandon another critical location.
  • A group can stack buffs much more effectively and combine gameplay mechanics: For example it is enough, if one player has a prop. cat, because it will buff the other players around it as well. That means, the other Huntress chars can take a genie and therefor have an endless "c" ability, resulting in an extreme amount of sustained (!) DPS. In a group of 4 you can add a monk with a genie to this as well, who can hero boost everyone else indefinitely, while he is using an elemental monk weapon to deal with physical sirens.
  • Which brings me to the next point: Different damage type for sirens. As a solo player you are basically limited to physical damage, because that is the most effective damage type in most cases. Unless you go for some weird hybrid weapon upgrading or equip a DPS pet with elemental damage you cannot deal with all types of sirens. And if do so, your main DPS is reduced / much less effective, because you are missing a prop cat or genie for example.
  • Failsafety: When playing hc, dieing as a solo player can quickly result in an immediate loss of the round. If one out of 4 players dies during the round, chances are good that you can still get through.
  • Amount of mobs: the total amount of mobs is hard-limited because of CPU / performance constraints. That is the reason, why difficulty for an increasing number of player cannot be scaled with the amount of mobs. The only thing they can do is to increase the amount of special mobs at a given timepoint to increase the difficulty. But since most (useful) defenses are AOE based, the damage can be applied to all mobs at once. In addition, the amount of special mobs does not (seem to) scale linearly with the amount of players. The "missing" amount of special mobs are compensated with the HP increase, you mentioned - but this has different implications for the gameplay than an overwhelming force by numbers.

I think one very important aspect to consider is the fact, that with an increasing number of players, you are shifting the ratio of tower damage vs. hero damage more and more to the latter one. The more players you have, the less meaningful are your towers (damage-vise). As a solo player you might just get through by buffing your defenses with a boost monk + gemstone; but if you add more players to this, you will definitely have to go for DPS because the focus is now heavily on hero damage and the towers just cannot keep up with that. They changed the way buffs stack (mutliplicative => additive), which is making tower boosting (comparatively) even worse.

The role of towers has been reduced to crowd control and there purpose is now just to give you as much time as possible to deal with the mobs yourself. Personally, I really dislike this direction of development the game is taking. I was always warning of implementing game mechanics, which hard counter certain defenses and now CG have exactly done this in an extreme form.

Edited by The Ich
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The new massacre reminds me of playing Winter Wonderland on DD1. There was a meta build, maybe a couple, and you had to build it that way or you lost. You had to have the meta heroes or you got kicked. You did it the right way you likely won, any deviation you wasted your time. Played Alch Labs and was standing on the forge surrounded by reflect beams shooting at target x then y then z, rinse repeat. No towers just traps, auras and beams. Didn't float my boat.

I imagine massacre will be just that until you are massively overgeared, if you can bear it that long.

For a casual player like me I can't spend hours on one map in the hope of 1 or 2 better drops, so I guess DDA isn't for me. 

Edited by Fozzie

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

The new massacre reminds me of playing Winter Wonderland on DD1. There was a meta build, maybe a couple, and you had to build it that way or you lost. You had to have the meta heroes or you got kicked. You did it the right way you likely won, any deviation you wasted your time. Played Alch Labs and was standing on the forge surrounded by reflect beams shooting at target x then y then z, rinse repeat. No towers just traps, auras and beams. Didn't float my boat.

I imagine massacre will be just that until you are massively overgeared, if you can bear it that long.

For a casual player like me I can't spend hours on one map in the hope of 1 or 2 better drops, so I guess DDA isn't for me. 

I finished alch lab massacre survival with 3 buffed DSTs, 2 fire tower and 1 lightning tower, 2 buffed aura stacks and a couple reflect beams around the towers. There's a couple ways to beat some maps ;)