wolfmanes123

DU change?

Why is the DU you get set to 110 on the map The Promenade? it was 140 before and now with this change any of my builds are now completely useless. Was their even a reason for this change?

they also made ogres spawn in different locations sometimes now so you gotta use even more du on each spawn, it also seems ninjas and spiders can get to you in more locations so you cannot sit in safe spots to dps/repair/survive.

I'm less than thrilled at these developments.

I don't know what was wrong with the previous ones, and honestly these DU nerfs just don't feel very justified.  Also I would really appreciate it if next time we have a patch that changes this much, it actually get mentioned somewhere.  These kind of surprises go a lot better with the community when it's actually mentioned beforehand rather than just have us find out these things.

Yea the game in my eye's was compleyely perfect before this patch. Now i have to farm the first few levels in NMHC because i can't solo farm promenade or Summit anymore due to all the changes and Nerfs they put into the game. I can see for some of it due to people AFKing in almost any and every game but what do you expect from people with full level 100 character all in 100% perfect gear all fully 100% upgraded. No new content forced them to afk. Now with a New level difficulty added they said out of no where lets buff NM for no reason while it was 100% perfect before the patch when everyone will be leaving NM in a day or 2 for Massacre Survival.

This patch honestly ruined this game for me quite a bit. sad to say was enjoying it.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 8:45 PM, wolfmanes123 said:

This patch honestly ruined this game for me quite a bit. sad to say was enjoying it.

And with making lvls harder, we don't even get better gear

Promenade NMHC Survival was too easy and we all know it.  You shouldn't be able to get what was at the time the 3rd best giraffe in the game as easily as we were all doing it.  The reduction in DU is perfectly appropriate; we were all overdefending it anyway, to AFK it.  Everyone liked it because it was good loot, super easy.  I'm not on board with the notion that we deserve better loot because it's more difficult now; it was far too easy to begin with.

Just cut back to a blockade, gas/explode, & strength drain at each spawn with 5 overclocked DSTs in the nest, and use what's left over as you like.  It's still fairly easy with either a DPS huntress or a tower boost monk. 

Would I have liked to have been told that this was happening?  Sure, I suppose so.  But I'm not going to start calling the Dev Team's parents over it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damocles said:

Promenade NMHC Survival was too easy and we all know it.  You shouldn't be able to get what was at the time the 3rd best giraffe in the game as easily as we were all doing it.  The reduction in DU is perfectly appropriate; we were all overdefending it anyway, to AFK it.  Everyone liked it because it was good loot, super easy.  I'm not on board with the notion that we deserve better loot because it's more difficult now; it was far too easy to begin with.

Just cut back to a blockade, gas/explode, & strength drain at each spawn with 5 overclocked DSTs in the nest, and use what's left over as you like.  It's still fairly easy with either a DPS huntress or a tower boost monk. 

Would I have liked to have been told that this was happening?  Sure, I suppose so.  But I'm not going to start calling the Dev Team's parents over it.

Could not disagree more.  There is now zero reason to run that map.  Summit is leaps and bounds easier to farm now.  The DU change is actually a bit more than 30 just because the adjusted ogre spawns now means we also need barricades in two more entries.  It might have been easy for masters in this game with overfarmed stats, but there are still other players who play this game, and promenade was a fantastic stepping stone map.  Now there is literally no reason to run it, it doesn't drop a pet people use, and it's way harder than summit which is objectively better rewards.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Damocles said:

This!!! Thank you so much for this comment. There was way to big of a jump in difficulty between promenade and summit.  Everyone farmed this map for a reason.  I would have liked NM to get buffed on all maps to compensate for the EV.

I for one want a challenge when I select the hardest or second hardest map.  If you have problem with that, Easy and Medium exist for a reason ;)

1 hour ago, Valthejean said:

Could not disagree more.  There is now zero reason to run that map.  Summit is leaps and bounds easier to farm now.  The DU change is actually a bit more than 30 just because the adjusted ogre spawns now means we also need barricades in two more entries.  It might have been easy for masters in this game with overfarmed stats, but there are still other players who play this game, and promenade was a fantastic stepping stone map.  Now there is literally no reason to run it, it doesn't drop a pet people use, and it's way harder than summit which is objectively better rewards.

Interesting.  I still think a Prom Giraffe is a good thing to farm, and bear in mind that I started playing from scratch after the full release came out, so despite my 600-ish hours, my team is currently only level 83-88.  I personally have run it several times in the last few days to test the chicken wire beam and to grab a couple of decent (140-160^) giraffes.

I have always (and still) find the Summit to be much, much more difficult than Prom.  Maybe I need to work on my build.    :)

1 hour ago, Damocles said:

Interesting.  I still think a Prom Giraffe is a good thing to farm, and bear in mind that I started playing from scratch after the full release came out, so despite my 600-ish hours, my team is currently only level 83-88.  I personally have run it several times in the last few days to test the chicken wire beam and to grab a couple of decent (140-160^) giraffes.

I have always (and still) find the Summit to be much, much more difficult than Prom.  Maybe I need to work on my build.    :)

Not sure what to tell you at this point tbh, would have to look at the build you're using.  Prior to the promenade nerf I would have agreed that summit is far harder, but with the buff beam summit is incredibly easy.  The buff beam makes any map where you can clump many defenses together to be buffed all at once much easier.  You can still somewhat do that in promenade, but it's significantly less than you can in summit, and summit has the same number of access points.  More importantly, Summit's ogre spawns are far more consistent.  You only get 1 ogre spawn on the north end, so most of your single target can be focused on the southern end for copters/ogres.  Promenade has copters come from three different directions.  Also summit drops the dragon pet, which is a great pet for entering into massacre with your squire.

I think my real problem with it is just the random ogre that comes out at the beginning of the wave. No other map is like that and it seems like that was put into place to make you use DU on a wall in those two lanes "just in case". 

Dont really understand why people are saying prom are so "hard" right now. I dont feel like the DU change makes a lot of different. I can still easally run the map with 4 people afk. In case that you think prom is "too hard" to afk right now im sorry you cant afk and actuqlly have to play the game instead of standing afk on a map.

58 minutes ago, Lolstol said:

Dont really understand why people are saying prom are so "hard" right now. I dont feel like the DU change makes a lot of different. I can still easally run the map with 4 people afk. In case that you think prom is "too hard" to afk right now im sorry you cant afk and actuqlly have to play the game instead of standing afk on a map.

Dare I say it but I'd suspect most people just don't know how to make builds. Prom had a meta build so it was easy. Now it doesn't so it's hard. Summit is now easy because it has a meta build. All these complaints will dry up once meta builds are established and everyone can go back to copying builds without understanding them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, iiSkillz1 said:

Dare I say it but I'd suspect most people just don't know how to make builds. Prom had a meta build so it was easy. Now it doesn't so it's hard. Summit is now easy because it has a meta build. All these complaints will dry up once meta builds are established and everyone can go back to copying builds without understanding them.

Prom is literally the easiest to buils dude. Its just gas trap, inferno, ensnare, strengthdrain and wall in front of all gates and 4 dst with boost buff. Its the previous meta without so many dst