I know this is not DD2 and it’s a redoing of DD1 I l love the game so far and hope they continue to put hours and hours of work into making the game so that I can continue to play hours and hours more. But with that said I miss having a town to run around in and meet people to play with I also miss the war table.

• Like 3

Yup. I've said the same myself. DD2 was not a perfect game, but it had a few moments. I also miss a few of the defenses. Some were horrid, I'll never miss Weapon Manufacturers. But poison dart towers, earthshatters, sky guards, elemental chaos (those were in the vanilla version, I'll never not be salty they were axed),  and a bunch of others. I don't get why we couldn't get the best of both. Instead it looks like a shift towards the exact same meta we had for dd1.

• Like 2

No I really do miss the town, running around with other defenders was a big apart of DD2 and the war table id just so much better than some crystal. Also I can think of having an in game event system so that the town would get raided by various baddies trying to take out the war table, granted the baddies would have to be up-leveled depending on the amount of defenders in town.

• Like 2

Yeah, I will definitely say the town is a huge factor that set up the "magic of DD2" for me back when I first played the game. The liveliness felt really good.

When I later started playing DD1 and eventually DDA, I've noticed there's a stark difference between the two types on a certain aspect. Whereas DD2 felt pretty lively, DD1/DDA just feels... lonely. While DD2 has the occasional NPCs in hubs and in maps too, in DD1/DDA, it does seems like (aside from like two or so NPCs) nobody populated the castle (or heck, probably even abandoned the place), leaving the four heroes as the sole inhabitants.

If isn't eventually implemented for DDA, that fine by me. But I really hope this aspect would return for DD3.

On 8/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Thorgonator said:

elemental chaos (those were in the vanilla version, I'll never not be salty they were axed), 

Haha, I'm still wishfully waiting for that to return since it got axed. I still wonder why the other three Uber Sphere upgrades (to those who didn't know, it's like permanent unlockable perks purchasable with gold and def medals) - Heavy Cannonball, Flamethrower and LSA makes the cut while Elemental Chaos (Explosive Trap upgrade - Imagine that with Banjaxed) didn't.

While I did mess around with it back then, now I wish I messed with it more before the axing happened.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

The best game breaking item:

Toxic Shock Bow

Instead of simply fixing the affixed effect, they just nerfed to Hell.  CG could learn a thing or two from Blizzard (specifically, Diablo 3) on how to properly balance / nerf / buff legendary affixes.

A large social hang out would increase popularity massively. There should be vendors that change their inventory every week or every couple of days, maybe bounties in exchange for gold would be fun.

Also, I'd like to be able to inspect other players gear in these areas. Even adding the chat function as it is now, without the bugs so at least 10-20 people can discuss or arrange to do maps together. 

It's awesome to be a badass player or see a badass and think "man, I want to be that guy" or "I must get that gear" 

Or, just a place to hang out. Like someone said earlier. It's super lonely, There's a fire burning in the tavern but it feels super cold. 

I think being able to drop weapons in the tavern is a must too, or, if they can't allow that due to the duping then maybe a sort of display area for your most prized possessions or high end gear that you wish to sell would be nice touch. 

Edited by PNM86