Sign in to follow this  
Wheatandrabbit

Release on console for Kicksrarter backers

5 minutes ago, Wheatandrabbit said:

Some time after is really vague.

Do we need to wait another (or more) year(s) for the PS4 and Xbox one?

Will it take one year for PS and another year for Xbox?

There is no indication at all.

Maybe i get this for the PS4 in 2023 or later when the PS4 is long dead due to the PS5.

I believe the most up-to-date assumption is 4-6 weeks after Switch version

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2020 at 9:50 AM, Batophobia said:

I believe the most up-to-date assumption is 4-6 weeks after Switch version

I'm glad we can see the date. Almost 7 months with 0 update about Ps4 and Xbox releases. At one point we had a kickstarter email about updates regarding DDA and at the beggining of it they mentioned they would touch consoles progress but ended up only mentioning Switch very briefly.

I've stopped really caring about playing the game (on ps4) a while ago and I'm now not really expecting anything. Their actions in 2020 have just led me to believe that they're being very secretive about consoleS progress on purpose, either because of their deal/contract with Nintendo or because of the lack of actual progress on the Ps4 and Xbox versions. After their many "mistakes" they said they would be more "truthful" and communicate better. Well this for sure didn't concern Ps4 and xbox1.

They were suposedly making the game for switch first and then expanding to the other platforms from there but the PC version only got full controller support yesterday. Every new content that gets released before the console versions are released only means more lackluster content for those. DD1 is a perfect example ; New content almost always equalled access to progression shortcuts. I highly doubt they can balance the game nowhere close to not have big progression shortcuts when harder content releases. Or maybe I'm wrong, judging by the few posts I cared to read today, the new massacre survival difficulty isn't even better gear wise than the content already in the game, which doesn't make any sense but I've not actually been able to play the game yet so I don't actually know.

After my kickstarter pledge refund request got denied a while back, I replied and mentioned the fact that the game would probably be delayed even more, at least for Ps4, since if they hadn't submited the game to sony before a certain date in order to publish it on ps4, the game would have to be compatible for ps5 as well. (That date has long been passed) I never got replied to.

At this point, you'll probably be able to grab it on Ps5 the very first day the game actually releases.

Edited by Windex
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Windex said:

They were suposedly making the game for switch first and then expanding to the other platforms

This is likely the biggest problem with the console releases.  In order to develop for the Switch, they need access to the development hardware for it.  Since they had to move to fully-remote workplace, it's not as easy for anyone to just go over and grab the hardware.  Even with this huge delay in development, I'd still like to see some details about how development on consoles is going.

Well, we officially have word now.

Switch got kicked to the curb, Xbox is the new exclusive. Q1 2021, with Switch and Playstation coming after.

As a Switch owner, I'm pretty disheartened hearing this news.

• Like 1