Thorgonator

So.... about that Switch version?

Is there anything to speak of? We're approaching a year from the initial promised release date, and I haven't heard a peep about it since April. I was extremely excited for that version, and it's the reason I backed the game. Even went the extra mile and pledged enough cash for VIP status. But today I got an email talking about a new patch, and I read through the whole thing. I saw new content, even a glimpse of Captain Dreadbones, which actually looks pretty sweet. But then, not so much as a whisper of console support. I had a lot of faith in this title, but I haven't seen anything alluding to the Switch or ps4 releases in months. I want to stay positive, but it is becoming difficult to do so. I dropped a lot of money on that kickstarter and now it feels like us console players are being ghosted. For over a year how I haven't had any rewards other than some cool gold skins on DD2. I have some physical rewards, too, but those havent been shipped yet since again, no word of release date.

Even just a blurb saying "don't worry, we haven't forgotten, but we're still working on it!" would be lovely. Maybe an email to us backers giving a progress report of some sort. Is it almost ready? Did you hit a roadblock? Do you have an actual progress report?

Please. Something, anything, so that I know my faith and my money weren't misplaced. 

And don't underestimate the value of an email sent to backers with similar concerns. A lot of us would feel extremely relueved to know we weren't forgotten. We don't need constant updates, but maybe a monthly email about the current status of that release would be nice. We've been watching people playing DDA for months now wondering when we'll finally get a chance to get our hands on it. Please, don't keep us in the dark.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is exactly how I and the other 4 people that I convinced to back the game feel. Any update is better than no update.

• Like 3

The fact PC players are getting expanded heroes before consoles even get the base game is offputting. And no updates at all is very concerning. The promises made in the Kickstarter campaign and what is being delivered are growing more apart every day. And us Xbox and PS4 players still have an exclusive window to look forward too.....

• Like 6

One might think a software company that had missed deadlines might divert resources into finishing those projects rather then focus on making new content

We are actively working on the Switch every day, its a tough challenge packing our game into the wonder that is the Switch, so the game needs to be well optimized to ensure that it runs smoothly. We've been getting some assistance from Nintendo and Unreal to help us reach that point and are making progress towards that. With that said, once we submit the game for certification and get the thumbs up from Nintendo to release, we will have a date to bring to the community, but unfortunately until that point we don't know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [CG] Philip said:

We are actively working on the Switch every day, its a tough challenge packing our game into the wonder that is the Switch, so the game needs to be well optimized to ensure that it runs smoothly. We've been getting some assistance from Nintendo and Unreal to help us reach that point and are making progress towards that. With that said, once we submit the game for certification and get the thumbs up from Nintendo to release, we will have a date to bring to the community, but unfortunately until that point we don't know.

Thanks! That's literally all I wanted. Just an "it's still happening". I started to have concerns when I saw new characters and such being added before I and others even had a chance to touch the base game. It helps a lot just to hear a dev say "we haven't forgotten", and that's all I was asking for, for now.

Edited by Thorgonator
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaws_420 said:

The fact PC players are getting expanded heroes before consoles even get the base game is offputting. And no updates at all is very concerning. The promises made in the Kickstarter campaign and what is being delivered are growing more apart every day. And us Xbox and PS4 players still have an exclusive window to look forward too.....

I feel ya. I was looking forward to being able to sync my Switch and PS4 profiles so I could play DDA on the go and at home using the same data. The radio silence was the worst part. The delay is annoying, but honestly understandable (considering Nintendo's demanding policies regarding third parties, AND the fact that COVID has caused just about everything to slow down), it's the lack of any sort of mention that was most concerning of all. I just want some tidbit so that I can keep being hopeful until the day comes I can finally play.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 8:08 PM, Kobaltscave said:

Will their still be the ev on the switch no more steam exclusives 

EV will most likely be on all platforms. The devs have made no indication that the console versions won't have all content, at least not yet. We just have to wait indefinitely for the console version.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

We just have to wait indefinitely for the console version.

I would think they need to finish split screen before they want to release on console, but they've done crazier things.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Batophobia said:

I would think they need to finish split screen before they want to release on console, but they've done crazier things.

I just want the game to come out at all, lol. DD2 just isn't as fun anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorgonator said:

I just want the game to come out at all, lol. DD2 just isn't as fun anymore.

Well a year without updates will do that 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Well a year without updates will do that 😆

Yeah, can't honestly say I'm expecting any further updates, either. I know they said they weren't done with it, but they also said christmas wouldn't extend all the way to April yet I just collected a nice, festive August christmas present. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

Yeah, can't honestly say I'm expecting any further updates, either. I know they said they weren't done with it, but they also said christmas wouldn't extend all the way to April yet I just collected a nice, festive August christmas present. 

And the tree is the one thing I'm actually enjoying...,well getting chests, not the holiday weapons. 

IMO removing the possibility of chests from all Onslaught wins was the worst change DD2 ever made. For those of us not resetting or never will, and don't climb, it's something we are cut off from. Also does not give any incentive to help players on lower floors. Having chests available has made the game slightly more fun since the tree came back. 

I say  change the holiday weapons for onslaught/incursion weapons (or whatev) and make the tree permanent! 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 3

On 8/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, Jaws_420 said:

And the tree is the one thing I'm actually enjoying...,well getting chests, not the holiday weapons. 

IMO removing the possibility of chests from all Onslaught wins was the worst change DD2 ever made. For those of us not resetting or never will, and don't climb, it's something we are cut off from. Also does not give any incentive to help players on lower floors. Having chests available has made the game slightly more fun since the tree came back. 

I say  change the holiday weapons for onslaught/incursion weapons (or whatev) and make the tree permanent! 

I can get behind that. Permanent daily gifts. It's basically a part of the game now. Also yes, please, ditch the stupid candy weapons. I used to save any legendary ones I got, now I scrap even those ones. And yes, lack of replay value for those not resetting or those who have already done things like finish Mastery is one of the main reasons so much content is basically dead for late game players. Mastery sits there, unplayed and unloved. And low level Onslaught floors have almost no draw for us high level players, as we are guaranteed reduced rewards. 

• Like 1

Is there any update on the release for switch?

My switch is catching dust waiting for the release :classic_biggrin:

+ need to take some holidays this year, and want to combine the release with my days to spend enough time to test it all

On 8/4/2020 at 2:52 PM, [CG] Philip said:

When?  :(