Thaleskpl

[CONTEST] Design the Next Event Item

Posted (edited)

Have you ever wanted your own item in the game? This is your chance to make it happen

When making my "Event Items" thread I noticed that it's been a long time since a "Design your event item" contest happened. I got the green light to do another one and I feel like the community would be happy with it as well.

The contest will last between 1-2 months, so you have plenty of time to come up with an idea and design your item. I'll reply to this thread announcing when you have one week left to submit your items. I'll reply again when the submissions are closed. Items posted after the period is over won't be eligible, no matter how cool they are.

You can look at the old threads to see how people posted their ideas and what ideas they had here and here.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

1. Pick an item in game (you can't suggest items that don't exist such as Old One on a Treadmill) that the event item will be modeled after

2. Pick a new name, description, raised by, upgrade level 

3. Pick out new colors for the event, this can include how shiny you may want the item to be. (You can even choose the size of the item)

4. Pick stats for the item. Pick what stats the item has, how high the stats are, ect. (You can even change the swing speed of melee weapons to if you would like)

You can post the item in the following ways:

• You can either create the item on your own using the public DDDK (there's a small guide at the end of the post) and post a screenshot of the item stats + it equipped / on ground,
  • Post a edited photo as Pjtor did
  • Post your item idea as text (we need the information above)
  • Message me with your idea and I can help make it an item and you post the image (you'll need to know everything required in advance or I won't be able to help). After Aug 3

You may need to provide your save file if you're one of the winners to make things easier on the event team if you made the item on your own.

RESTRICTIONS

1. The item can not have profanity, anything inappropriate or copyrighted names. In short anything that would cause trouble for the event team

2. The item will have to pass a "OP" filter. You can suggest whatever you want but know that the actual item may not end up as strong as you may have wanted it. 

3. If the item is too similar to something we already have (i.e. Rainmaker 2.0 - A new op DPS staff that only changes the base weapon) it won't be considered. You can do new Armguards or reuse pets that already got a event item based on them, just need to give them a twist / new use.

REWARDS

The most creative item will be a reward for the next event. It will be chosen by the event team as a whole, but there may be more than one winner. Likes on the post may have a small influence on voting, but due to potential abuse they're not the selection method.
As a bonus the winner will also receive a Final Patch.

How to make items

For those interested in submitting an idea, it's not quite so hard as needing the skills to "model" an item. All you have to do is type cheat codes*** inside the Dungeon Defender's Development Kit (free download under Tools in your Steam library) to change item characteristics. I will try to list a concise set of steps here that resourceful people could get set up.

You can follow this guide to get DDDK up and running to make old items (as in anything before Tinkerer's Lab):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1228264209

1. Download the Dungeon Defender's Development Kit in the Tools section of your Steam library.

2. Navigate to the directory where you have DD installed (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon Defenders\Binaries) then go to Binaries/Win32/DunDefDevelopment.exe

3. This is the test/development version of the game that comes with the DDDK, plays like the regular game but with chat commands. When you click on the program it will show you the typical launch screen to DD. Do not go into the configure options, just click play. If it asks you to rebuild scripts, click yes. It will get most of the way there then come up with a warning saying it didnt build correctly because of scrips added by the CDT and the DDDk being outdated. Close out of it and launch the EXE again. When it asks you again click no this time. 

4. To get inside your tavern type "loadlevel LobbyLevel". From there you can use the normal level select menu to go to other maps.

5. You will start with a blank save, so use chat commands to get items. If you start typing in chat they will list autocomplete options. You will want to know "dolevelvictory" (to get end of map rewards), "killallenemies", "godall" to start getting items and "setherolevel" to be able to equip higher tier items. Type them in the chat without quotes.

6. Once you have an item, most item modifying commands start with "setequipment ". Drop the item on the ground and while looking at the item so it's info pops up on screen type these commands to modify it. For example, I can change the hero damage of a weapon by looking at it and typing "setEquipmentHeroStatValue 3 999". This set's 3rd hero stat(hero damage iirc) to 999.

setequipmentstatvalue

0 Ranged

1 melee

2 elemental

3 sps

4 clip size

5 reload

6 knockback

7 charge

8 blocking

9 projectiles

10 proj speed

Pet

0 melee

1 Ranged

2 additional elemental dmg

3 attack speed

4 boost

5 Range

6 Defense resistance boost

7 Defense Range Boost

8 blocking dmg resistance

9 Num heroes boosted

10 proj speed

setequipmentqualityindex 19 (for ult++)

setequipmentherostatvalue 1-10 (for hero stat values)

setequipmentmaxlevel 456 (sets max ups to 456)

setequipmentsellable 0 (0 to prevent sell; 1 to sell)

settimedilation (speeds up map time)

setequipmentlevelrequirement (for max level rquirement)

6. Other useful commands are "setTimeDilation" and "duplicateItem"

***This is a development tool, these "cheat codes" are there because they were useful in testing the game(they really do help). This will not affect or work in your regular steam copy of Dungeon Defenders. But hey, while you've got the DDDK downloaded why not try to make an event map or two:) 

EDIT: Forgot to add this. Here's a map that has all items in the public DDDK available. Just download it, place it under "UDKGame\Content\Maps" then when in game type "loadlevel TestMap3" and you should be able to just pick them up instead of having to go through the maps

Edited by Thaleskpl
  • Like 5

Can we submit multiple entries? It'll be fun playing around with a bunch of ideas.

37 minutes ago, Bonjourno said:

Can we submit multiple entries? It'll be fun playing around with a bunch of ideas.

Limit it to 1-3 items, otherwise one person can end up cluttering the thread

• Like 1

I've always wanted an item of mine in the game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Concept: The idea is playing with words, somewhat of a pun between "dicing" as playing with dices (refering that are the scaling numbers) and "dicing" as in slicing (refering that are the colors, high damage and choosen pet). The pet would have only 4 stats for visual purposes of the numbers. The 20 used for upgrades and in the description are a reference to tabletop RPGs to reinforce the theme of playing with dices.

Item: Harpoon Pet
Size: as big as Mr. Crackers.
Pet colors: Main color black. Secondary color dark red.

Name: The One Who Dices
Description: <color:255,0,0>Dicing</color> and <color:255,255,255>Dicing</color>, He forever strives towards the 20...
Mana Cost: 987654300
Raised by: <color:75,0,0>Mv
Base damage: 45678
Shots per second: 9
Projectile speed: 87654
Hero HP: 123
Hero damage: 456
Skill 2: 654
Tower range: 321
Upgrades: 20 / 20

20200730162534-1.jpg

Edited by Hakon
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

HrSp1rJ.png

Qu6u2fk.png

Ivj5vF4.png

Item: Blaster Rifle (or Blasticus with piercing shot)
Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
Huntress needs some love.

*Note: I want the item upgrade level to be 1775/1775 not 1/1775. I couldn't figure out how to do it because I'm bad.

The stats are themed off of Charles Benjamin "Chuck" Mawhinney. He was a U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) sniper.

1st row:
Chuck had a notable kill at 900 yards.
He was in the Republic of Vietnam for 16 months.
His years of service was 1967 through 1970.

2nd row:
The Vietnam War lasted from 1955 through 1975.

3rd row:
Just using the 900 yards number for the stats here.

4th row:
Chuck entered the USMC at the age of 18. He had 216 probable kills and 103 confirmed kills.

Upgrade Levels: The USMC was founded in 1775.

"Head Banger" and "Discount brain surgery" texts are just for humor. The phrase "absolutely 0" is a reference to the song "War" by The Temptations (War, h'uh, yeah, what is it good for, *absolutely nothin*), which came out during the Vietnam War era.

Technical balancing and further explanation:

At 5.2k Hero Damage and 4.1k AB2 stat on the default huntress skin, the weapon does ~20.8 million DPS on the Tavern dummy. A single shot does ~6.9 million damage. AB2 ability does ~22.5 million damage, not including the extra shot. The dummy alternates the dps between ~20.8m to ~25.1m when spamming AB2 with the normal shot.

With the same hero stats as above plus a 210 boost cat, EV beam ticks at ~10.5 million.

I purposefully made the hero movement speed negative, AB1 high, and the tower hp as the stat in the theme of snipers stealthily scouting around and taking a secure position. Also using tower hp for the 900 yards number helps to keep the weapon more balanced. The negative AB2 discourages replacing or making other gun weapons on EV/Jester obsolete and puts this weapon is a more niche role for the huntress. Tower range because snipers have range. Eh, get it? Yeah? Yeah....haha.

If the DPS needs to be adjusted, then I recommend playing around with the reload speed, sps, and number of projectiles. I think it is good where it is at. I just want there to be a weapon to make huntress a viable dps option without giving another weapon that EV or Jester would make a better use out of or replace one of their weapons.

The coloration reminds me of the Mass Effect weapons. Imitating the actual colors of the guns used during the Vietnam War doesn't seem to be very pretty.

I hope I did this right. Let me know if I missed something that is needed.

Edited by Bonjourno
Rebalanced
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

First item

forum.thumb.png.d2d90462813c5e83082d9d6ffd126e58.png

https://imgur.com/IjZpeYK

Should be about the same dmg as Lumen

Second

donkey.thumb.png.ac75cf0609097fccdcf078700526d4e4.png

The pet Damage is set so if maxed its about as good as a 38k chicken with 6k herodmg

https://imgur.com/undefined

nr 3 coming up l8ter

Edited by Sam116
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

1. Pick an item in game (you can't suggest items that don't exist such as Old One on a Treadmill) that the event item will be modeled after

2. Pick a new name, description, raised by, upgrade level

3. Pick out new colors for the event, this can include how shiny you may want the item to be. (You can even choose the size of the item)

4. Pick stats for the item. Pick what stats the item has, how high the stats are, ect. (You can even change the swing speed of melee weapons to if you would like)

1. Battle Droid

2. Name >> BonBot V13.3.7

Description >> "Could you play that song again?"

Built by Bonny

Upgrades >> 101/101

3. As pink and shiny as possible

4. Picture below. So for stats and whatnot, Idk how to balance things but I think the stats are fine, 404 across the top and the first 12 digits of pi for the bottom. The damage might be too high for the number of projectiles but I want that number to remain the same if possible since its the number used in the I Love You thing (ill link a youtube video to it) I'd like for the attack speed to remain the same or higher because fast attacking pets are cool. I don't really care about the extra projectiles, If the damage is too high, you can knock this down to make it not OP. I just wrote 3 there as a place holder. The description is the meme in Spongebob where Spongebob assumes Mr. Krabs is a robot. I'll link that as well. I picked the battle droid as a pet since it has the weakening effect thing and I think that's pretty cool. The 1337 numbers should be self explanatory and the 101 upgrades is leet speak for lol. Idk what the mana should be set to though.

Links vvv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQKyf4sWDlc I love you thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuB_Pm4Xxbs Can you play that song again?

Bonbot entry.png

Edited by Bonnabelle
  • Like 10

Posted (edited)

first of all really nice contest kekw i like the idea of creativity anyways lets get started

since I have 3 suggestions only then ill use first 2 for completing series

first one will be leather chest called "Gorun Tunic" to complete Zelda set as I understood I cant use forge by trendyent so forge will be Zelda her self hehe 

image.thumb.png.5979151e4655c868b4424d4f7d891a99.png

this is it basically (don’t think there need much info I mean its zamira chest so no need pic on floor too)

second item even tho it isn’t much useful it still very cool for collectors and its squire guardian since all names are ginger cinnamon and butterscotch I thought maybe "Turmeric" can fit here (as well if It win everyone can change the name ofc cuz its event kekw) anyways stats are same as butter, what I did basically since cinnamon and ginger came together so I tried matching it to butter.. since butter "came from the future" squire "came from the past" and then it hits me hehe knights were in the middle age (or medieval) it happened in 476 which be his lvl sinces butter is 2019 "future" he is from the past, forger will be medieval warrior 

p.s- cinnamon is red, ginger green, butter is blue well light blue hehe anyways the missing color in my opinion is yellow so here he is

image.thumb.png.6880d4381b198ebb838f593ce5ee11ae.png

image.png.3f9c9912cec1987e6baa8b2a2bf800b1.png

and third item will be my own creativity but I am still building it so ill post it later on

ok so its been a while but i managed to choose my last item hmm well i chose republican elephant as the original item, without further ado here it is

image.thumb.png.4e775957d02f9b2528ef307ddeeb62c9.png

image.png.4de19d668f5b95392fea3eae056e2d29.png

Edited by kayyo
  • Like 17

Posted (edited)

https://imgur.com/a/cOscqd6

1) The first weapon is a DPS Weapon from sky city, called it that because it shoots out steam

2) The second weapon is from one punch man (Stinger) Called .... you guessed it, Stinger!

20200802071606_1.jpg

20200802071624_1.jpg

Edited by The Lone Wolf
Forgot something
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Decimate you’re foes with amazing AoE but trade off does not have insane dps 

5DE7AF3A-1F1C-4688-A770-F0663880E868.png

Edited by Mr More
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Both of these items I designed for an apprentice bomber type of character.

Lamp:
-I'd want the Lamp to be big but not so big it looks bad when holding it.
-I'm not entirely sure what colours I'd have liked it but I think grey scale is fine. The light end should be all glow (preferably white or light blue).

Moth:
-I'd like the Moth to be tiny with glowing wings... again I'm not entirely sure what colour scheme it should have but I think grey-scale suits the image of a moth.

Annotation 2020-07-31 060157.png

Annotation 2020-07-31 060135.png

Edited by Chiku
  • Like 8

First Entry:
The Sicarius is my favorite weapon in the game and have always wanted a reason to use it. Another thing I enjoy is ruining upgradable events, so I mashed them together into this monster. I love this weapon because it gives you the option to be a good tower weapon or a good dps weapon, the choice is yours. For the dps side, the weapon is actually the Retribution so it does generic damage so it is actually usable, and the dps is about a 150k Blaster Rifle at point blank or 130k Blaster Rifle from farther. Then for the tower side, obviously it will not beat a good ++ Kraken Cannon, however, not everyone has a quad cap ++ Krakon. I think this would be a fun event item to have because it would be super unique for what people could use it for. Also, I don't know yet what I would put for the description yet, but there would be one.WoLUnupgraded.thumb.PNG.4fcfd05dbaa167de16613501068f4ff7.PNGWoLUpgraded.thumb.PNG.98dcbc7a4795b2577e899b9bb6f12b0b.PNGWoLOnCharacter.png.8e27c7402f32745a53a39681f67c6d96.png 

• Like 7

Item:                        Jewel Crested Sword
Event Name:          Ancient Jewel Sword
Forged by:              Ancient (255,0,0) Magus (150,0,255)
Description:            Enchanted with devilish magic.
Mana value:           11.2019m (This is a reference to the DD update 7 release :))
Stats:                      HeroHealth:   333    HeroDamage:    666    CastRate:           333    Ability2:            666
                                TowerHealth: 200   TowerRate:        400    TowerDamage:  400    TowerRange:    200
Swing Speed:        8
Draw Scale:           1.5
Upgrades:              666/666

Concept:                 It's a DPS weapon which you'd use on a Barbarian with Tornado stance while being hero boosted.
                                I want this weapon to show people that DPS Barbarian can be pretty good and to show 
                                Barbarian some love since it's barely used nowadays. 

Balance:                 Comparing DPS just hitting the dummy in different ways (hero boost on/off, tornado on/off etc. you get the idea)
                                it's roughly as good as a 130k Honey sword (450-460 upgrades). Now keep in mind that an actual Honey sword
                                would get a lot of damage out of Hawk Stance which I didn't include in the test to favor the event and simplify testing.

Pictures:       

On Ground:

sJuUWga.jpg

On Inspect:

kPfpXDX.jpg

On Character:

6hW8aic.png

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

My first entry, my personnal favorite,

what's missing: pink forged name and correct ammount for the mana, of course it has to be level 200

the base i used was the green diamond

mspaint_2020-08-02_01-23-12.png<3

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

my next entry is this Backstabber blade ( thanks <Bonny> base weapon idea), its a reversed blade that you have to show your back to the enemy to attack em, extremly fun to play with.

whats misssing: kewl fire colored name for the forge

mspaint_2020-08-02_22-45-02.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and my final entry i used YGK as a base and made it a revamp, really cool looking, straight foward item

missing: level 2012 for when dad went missing and lost his precious sword and colored forge name i can live with any color

the damage that i currently set on it deals approx 19mil with a 6k knight

mspaint_2020-08-02_22-51-52.pngjj

Edited by Qtips
  • Like 18

I want both of these to be about as glowy as ocean/spearmint
1st item:
Name: Toy Robot
Raised By: We R' Toys
Description: couldn't think of one
Mana Value: 2B 
Level: 750 / 750
Rarity: Ultimate
Size: Tiny just like the toy sword recently given out in the new event.
fa879322efb69371f0e5e31a64e545d7.thumb.png.2ea32bc40002b209fa42f533092a37cc.png

2nd item:
Name: Oz's Staff
Forged by: Oz (preferably in an emerald color)
Description: The Staff Wielded by the All Mighty Oz Himself.
Mana Value: 777M
Level: 777 / 777
Rarity: Ultimate
Size: Normal
l887a2b923a07639aea06506898138d23.thumb.png.29f48b345c622d84d5e12e5b20a9528e.png
Thats all! let me know if i missed anything.

• Like 4

As glowy as Spearmint
Name: Santa's Cane
Description: Used by Santa to Defend His Workshop From the Old Ones.
Forged by:  Santa (250,20,20)
Mana Value: 1.5B
Level: 500 / 500
Rarity: Ultimate ++
Draw Scale: 1.2
I feel like we need a better dps monk event the best we have atm is Spearmint iirc.

ca53df43eca7ebe298b78f4cc793500d.png

• Like 4

https://imgur.com/a/I2IDYpH

These are my entries. I could not throw one out to limit it down to 3, so I decided to post all 4 (counting the Annatar set as one here). Also stating this here, all items should be max upgrade.

Das Gold der Wüste: First one is "Das Gold der Wüste" which means The Gold of the Desert. It is based on the weapon Sandstorm, the mage reward from uber death from above. I chose to make it a tower weapon with 700 on each tower stat. Also to stick with 7 I made it 70/70 upgrades, +7 projectiles and -70k projectile speed (the projectiles look very fancy). The quality should be Ultimate++ (for some reason it did not get any higher than Ult+). The hero stats, knockback and charge speed represent important dates to me. The damage on the weapon is just for looks. 100k poison damage and 25k generic damage. The elemental damage does not scale with hero damage so it is about half of the generic damage with 4k on hero damage. So it is rather purely cosmetic. The description references to the original weapons name. 

Meltdown: Next up we have Meltdown. That is the mage reward from Volcanic Eruption. Quite simple, it is a glowy red Supreme dps staff that has both, 30k fire damage and 30k electric damage. On this the elemental damage does scale with hero damage so it basically is a 60k staff. The item description references the dual elemetal damage. As for stats I decided to have them all at supreme cap, apart from the tower stats which, to blend in, I put at 50. Adding up on that 500/500 upgrades, 50k projectile speed, +5 projectiles. Finding a name for this was the hardest part. 

Gladius Aureus: After that we have a golden sword. The name Gladius Aureus (Latin for anyone who wonders) literally translates to Golden Sword. Aurarius, the forgers name on this, does mean Goldsmith, and I tried to make the text also look a bit golden. The item description references the pureness of the metal this weapon is made of. Weapons made of gold usually wont be very good as it is such a soft material, so the damage is a reasonable 125k. I also did remove the elemental damage, to make it more clean. Gold always shines. The stats evenly split up between 550 and 750, make it usable for either dps or tower. Upgrades are 175/175, the quality is Ultimate. 

Annatar Set: Last up I made this Annatar set. The Annatar set was my favourite one for quite a long time. I think it does look very fancy. The stats I did keep reasonable here too. They all should be ultimate quality, 100/100 upgrades. The names and item descriptions should be self explaining. The forgers name Annatar is kept in blue to fit the Ultimate quality. 

Thank you very much if you read all this. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Here's my first entry for the contest
Ink Blob Gun
It's meant to be a lvl 90 weapon that would deal a decent amount of DPS while being a stat weapon

Name - Ink Blob Gun
Lvl Req - 90 / ult90
It's dps is similar to a good blaster rifle, like a 128k

CXN5FIR.png

gpaBlQ5.png

• Like 15

Posted (edited)

The concept is a "melee" weapon for huntress. Super slow speed, but the bullets come out from the tip of the humorously over-sized 12 gauge sawed-off shotgun.

• 273.15 Kelvin = 0 Celsius, which is a reference to the freezing point of water (the freezing point of popsicles vary depending on the recipe).
    • There is also 273 on the hidden tower damage and hidden tower range stats, just because it is nice to have it uniform.
  • The large HHP is because huntress needs more health if it's going to be up close and personal.
  • 38 for reload speed is in reference to the 38g weight of a single lead sphere in a 12-gauge shotgun shell.
  • The gun is colored like a popsicle.
  • POP is because that's the sound of a toy cork gun.
  • Item description is in reference to an adult telling a child in the midst of other children, "Did you bring enough to share with others?"

dTy516H.png

1wLOxtW.png

Shhh, I'm hunting a Moose.

akz9qhB.png

W4pfr9p.png

Projectile spawns from the tip of the gun.

Range of the slow projectile is from the middle of the crystal till where the hunter is standing in the second picture below.

bbBI8Wj.png

uNWtwKI.png

Edited by Bonjourno
  • Like 3