Sign in to follow this  
DaBaDee

Split screen...WHEN?!

HI, i just bought the game to play with someone in split screen.
At the beginning it was said that it would be from the full version of the game...

but when the game came out it was said it would come out in early July.

I don't play the game at all because I'm waiting for split screen. sooooo i asking WHEN split screen come out?

Soon™

No one knows, and CG clearly doesn't either.

Let's hope in the next patch. As for when the next patch is coming, CG said we'll have official info about that this week, so stay tuned on Thursday/Friday.

Edited by MushroomCake28

@DaBaDee I did the same to play with my GF months ago, because full release was announced to have it. But unfortunately I (and many others) felt scammed, and probably you will wait year or so before it will appear in game.

I just came back to forums to check if they implemented functionalities that they announced on release... but as I see in this post I missed nothing from allowing dust to gather on this game.

Of course it is only my opinion, but to be honest, ask yourself a question. What this game gave you? I gave it a chance and one of the mayor reason was split screen, because as many people I can get over weaker games if I can have fun on local coop.

Just look at this:
Gameplay: repeatable as hell
Killing minions: not satisfactory
Maps: Dull and symmetric
COOP with randoms: You do not want anyone to do anything except repairing your towers. (this one was actually much better solved in DD2)
Heroes: All reused from past, nothing new actually instead of lazy copy&paste
Performance: Disaster

Player base: https://steamcharts.com/app/1101190#3m

During last 2 months against my will, from follower (Fan from Orcs Must Die release) I became unfavorable toward chromatic, even if I wanted to be indulgent for this game as possible.

Edited by Vicogmir
  • Like 2

Hello everyone.

So I am here 1 year later to ask. If this game has the promised split-screen COOP now ? Or everyone already forgot it was promised on release ?

22 hours ago, Vicogmir said:

split-screen COOP now ?

Not yet.  They shifted focus to Xbox release, so hopefully that includes them working on split-screen

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, Vicogmir said:

Hello everyone.

So I am here 1 year later to ask. If this game has the promised split-screen COOP now ? Or everyone already forgot it was promised on release ?

Hi Vicogmir,

We definitely haven't forgotten about this! Split-screen co-op is still in the works. It won't be available for a while, though, because it's a difficult project and we want to be sure the addition of this feature won't hurt other aspects of the player experience.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, [CG] Brittani said:

Hi Vicogmir,

We definitely haven't forgotten about this! Split-screen co-op is still in the works. It won't be available for a while, though, because it's a difficult project and we want to be sure the addition of this feature won't hurt other aspects of the player experience.

Why do have to ask these kinds of questions. It's not like we'll just forget it if we don't hear about it for a while...

8 hours ago, Djmilos said:

Why do have to ask these kinds of questions. It's not like we'll just forget it if we don't hear about it for a while...

Because some people want to get a general sense of when it will be ready?  Now we know it's not going to be anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Batophobia said:

Because some people want to get a general sense of when it will be ready?  Now we know it's not going to be anytime soon.

I'm sorry for any confusion caused. This was a reply on Brittani not on Vicogmir.

What i meant to ask was: Why do we actually have to ask these kind of questions to get any sort of update on these function on this game... why is there not an actual up to date roadmap. Why is it that Britanni actually does know the answer to this question while some people are eagerly waiting on this functionality to arrive and dare to ask the question again (after a year!!!!!!!!!)

That's what i meant with: keeping quiet doesnt make us forget :)

Just some frustration on CG's coms strategy :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Djmilos said:

I'm sorry for any confusion caused. This was a reply on Brittani not on Vicogmir.

What i meant to ask was: Why do we actually have to ask these kind of questions to get any sort of update on these function on this game... why is there not an actual up to date roadmap. Why is it that Britanni actually does know the answer to this question while some people are eagerly waiting on this functionality to arrive and dare to ask the question again (after a year!!!!!!!!!)

That's what i meant with: keeping quiet doesnt make us forget :)

Just some frustration on CG's coms strategy :)

I feel that sentiment is shared amongst many players and not just for Split Screen, but other features promised in the Kickstarter. They like to tell us they are working on various things, but never willing to give an idea of when we will get anything. They rarely give us actual information it ends up seeming that they are just stringing us along. I have lost count of the amount of times they promised to be more transparent in their communication its become a meme.  It will take allot of proof before some of us will have any faith that they have in fact learned from the past.

• Like 2

Dear Brittani

On 2/22/2021 at 6:01 PM, [CG] Brittani said:

Hi Vicogmir,

Does it mean, that XSX version of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened will also be lack of 4 players local coop on 17.03.2021? May you be so kind and say will it even work at 4K@60?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

On 3/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, VAMET said:

Dear Brittani

Does it mean, that XSX version of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened will also be lack of 4 players local coop on 17.03.2021? May you be so kind and say will it even work at 4K@60?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely

They mentioned specifically in their Xbox announcement post that split screen (i.e. local co-op) will not ship initially with the console release. It will be released at a later date in the future.

Split screen isn't even on the Roadmap https://roadmap.dungeondefenders.com/, it isn't even in the ideas section. It might be a good idea to 'add idea' so we can show interest in this feature and then CG can tack its interest.