What is the future plan for this game?  How closely are Devs going to mimic DD1 moving forward?  When are new heroes planned to be introduced? 

Will trading be implemented moving forward?  If so, will there be a Marketplace Forum created?

I see posts about the immediate future content planned, but I think it would be really nice to know the general direction the game is headed before really investing time into it.

So far, I see a remake of DD1 with some new maps and a couple of the QoL changes that the CDT made to DD1.  What is going to set this game apart and make it worth playing over going back to DD1?

I really dislike Discord.  Sorry if this has been covered on another platform already. 

1 hour ago, UncrownedData said:

What is the future plan for this game?  How closely are Devs going to mimic DD1 moving forward?  When are new heroes planned to be introduced? 

Will trading be implemented moving forward?  If so, will there be a Marketplace Forum created?

I see posts about the immediate future content planned, but I think it would be really nice to know the general direction the game is headed before really investing time into it.

So far, I see a remake of DD1 with some new maps and a couple of the QoL changes that the CDT made to DD1.  What is going to set this game apart and make it worth playing over going back to DD1?

I really dislike Discord.  Sorry if this has been covered on another platform already. 

I personally see no reason to invest time into DDA, I mean yes I think it’s a good game and I do play it a lot  but if you are content with DD1 then that’s where you should be. I personally think the guys at Trendy /Chromatic have lost there direction, DD1 was a really good game for its time, DD2 was a really good game just killed by the micro transactions, but there was a lot of good stuff in DD2 stuff that I think SHOULD make its way into DDA, but it wont sadly.

I think their original plan was to setup the new studio and learn a new engine.  After that, they take their experience and make DD3.

So in short, I suppose there will be no new heroes for DDA?  That's kind of a bummer if true.. I was really looking forward to seeing what would replace the EV and summoner.  I kind of thought there would be more freedom and a movement away from a meta-style DD like there is in DD1.  

Have they announced what year DD3 is tentatively planned for yet or the direction of what that game will be?  Again, sorry if this was covered on another platform.

30 minutes ago, UncrownedData said:

I suppose there will be no new heroes for DDA? 

We definitively want to add new heroes in the future for DDA. We are bringing back EV first due to the overwhelming amount of requests wanting to see her come back.

30 minutes ago, UncrownedData said:

Have they announced what year DD3 is tentatively planned for yet or the direction of what that game will be? 

There have been no discussions on what DD3 will entail at this time. We have our focus completely on DDA and will be adding content to it overtime to make it the best we can before moving on to other projects.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:13 AM, UncrownedData said:

Will trading be implemented moving forward?

Player Trading is on our roadmap, We know it was a popular feature in previous games and so we want to bring that back, I don't have an ETA at this time but it is on our radar.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:13 AM, UncrownedData said:

What is the future plan for this game?  How closely are Devs going to mimic DD1 moving forward?

We have plans for adding tons of content, Some which will be references to old games, and also some completely new things that have never been see before. 

• Like 4

The roadmap does list some interesting content. The devs have been listening to the community and pretty nice actually. I expect to see the mainstream content of DD1 implemented in DDA, and perhaps some nice DD2 content too. I'm overall optimistic about DDA and would recommend it if you liked DD1 and DD2 (especially DD1).

10 hours ago, [CG] Philip said:

We definitively want to add new heroes in the future for DDA. We are bringing back EV first due to the overwhelming amount of requests wanting to see her come back.

This is actually very sad news.  I had no idea the community actually wanted to follow the same heroes in DD1.  This will just mean that DDA will  come to a meta where basically everything will need a buff beam and only after years of farming will players get to a point where they get gear strong enough to develop practical strategies without a buff beam.  That is how DD1 went down. 

Is this going to be basically a verbatim repeat with slightly different maps?  

Where is the community mostly voicing these opinions at?  Do I need to reboot my discord account to keep track of this stuff?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I have a question will there be unlockable characters through the game will you get them immediately or do you have to pay for them

9 hours ago, Kobaltscave said:

I have a question will there be unlockable characters through the game will you get them immediately or do you have to pay for them

Most likely, new characters will be paid DLC

• Thanks 1

Now will there be like a deluxe pack where it comes with all the dlc like a bundle or will you have to get separately 

13 hours ago, UncrownedData said:

This will just mean that DDA will  come to a meta where basically everything will need a buff beam

Either EV towers are part of the meta, and they will make the game easier and be used everywhere, or they're not part of the meta and be virtually useless.

I don't have a clue how to avoid these situations.

Maybe achievements like "beat all maps with EV and Squire only" would give incentive to people who want to to play characters that are not meta?

They could easily make a tons of achievements like these, too.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ryzours said:

Either EV towers are part of the meta, and they will make the game easier and be used everywhere, or they're not part of the meta and be virtually useless.

I don't have a clue how to avoid these situations.

Maybe achievements like "beat all maps with EV and Squire only" would give incentive to people who want to to play characters that are not meta?

They could easily make a tons of achievements like these, too.

I have a clue how to avoid it.  Don't add EV to DDA.  OR change the buff beam from original EV to a new tower with a different function.  If buff beam was replaced with a different tower, that would open up Shock Beam as a plausible use of DU if they work out the scaling correctly

Edited by UncrownedData

Now will there be like a deluxe pack where it comes with all the dlc like a bundle or will you have to get separately 

1 hour ago, Kobaltscave said:

Now will there be like a deluxe pack where it comes with all the dlc like a bundle or will you have to get separately 

•  

Perhaps, no way to know at this time.

Ok now the BIGGEST question will you guys put the DLC for all consoles because I played dd1 on ps3 looking for new characters but there was none so thank you for answering my questions

3 hours ago, Kobaltscave said:

Ok now the BIGGEST question will you guys put the DLC for all consoles because I played dd1 on ps3 looking for new characters but there was none so thank you for answering my questions

I would suggest making your own new post.  Even if devs are still tracking this thread, your question is kind of unrelated to my original post.  I would prefer to stay on my original topic, friend.

Good to know there will be more challenges, this could mean new weapons to shake up the Triple Threat or nothing for huntress. The drops for monk, Squire and Apprentice have been somewhat underwhelming. The only reson to do challenges\maps is to get the meta items currently the list is very small

Cat or genie

Dragon or Monkey King

Triple threat

Glitterhelm 'challenge' on massacre for loot

Summit challenge for exp

Until there is some reason to do any of the other content it diminishes the game, so I'd hope Chromatic will seriously look at the drops again, and soon to revitalise the game whilst we wait for the DLC.

15 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Until there is some reason to do any of the other content it diminishes the game, so I'd hope Chromatic will seriously look at the drops again, and soon to revitalise the game whilst we wait for the DLC.

Agree, except i would replace "wait for DLC" with "wait for the game to be released on consoles so a lot of us, console players, can actualy play the game :kobold:"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Good to know there will be more challenges, this could mean new weapons to shake up the Triple Threat or nothing for huntress. The drops for monk, Squire and Apprentice have been somewhat underwhelming. The only reson to do challenges\maps is to get the meta items currently the list is very small

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

You say revitalize the game, as if it is dead...  This game has not even been out for 2 full months.  

Without knowing how DD2 fully worked, I think this mindset will not fare you well in DDA, nor DD1.  If you're only after the best gear or most efficient builds, you are going to be on a "Hurry-up-and-wait" pattern for a year or more.  Your grind will FAR outpace new content being added, especially if this is a new studio working out kinks for a new baseline of future games.  From my perspective, this sounds like it is going to be DD1 all over again.  To this day, most DD1 challenges or maps are not even worth looking at if you are only concerned with better gear instead of the experience itself.  

Most players who ended up playing DD1 for a long period of time had to find some other motivation to keep playing.  Collecting odd items or using risky build strategies are two of the more common that I heard.  Many people also decided to play the game while purposefully using weak gear to add a challenge to it.  

My point is... I wouldn't count on new DDA challenges being able to keep you busy long enough for DLC to come out if you are already at end-game of DDA.  

Hey go you guys know in the intro to DDA the cutscene they show 3 shadowed figures one holding a trident one throwing 3 daggers and one I think with a halberd and shield maybe those can be new heroes anyone else have a say about this

2 minutes ago, Kobaltscave said:

Hey go you guys know in the intro to DDA the cutscene they show 3 shadowed figures one holding a trident one throwing 3 daggers and one I think with a halberd and shield maybe those can be new heroes anyone else have a say about this

Seems cool, i wpuld love to see those characters in game. And the 4th hero will be EV.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Seems like this game is gonna be really fun with family and friends can’t wait for the future game  coming out to switch and ps4

Edited by Kobaltscave

17 hours ago, Kobaltscave said:

Seems like this game is gonna be really fun with family and friends

When they finally add in local co-op