Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

Any perks/tricks I should know before starting?

Hi,

I'm an old veteran, played a lot of DD1 and DD2. I'm planning on getting the game, even in its current state since I have always wished to encourage the devs. I was just wondering if any of the old perks and tricks still valid in this game:

1) I don't remember if it was in DD1 or DD2, or both, but I remember that defenses from a unit had a 25-30% boost if the hero who placed them is the active hero on the map. Is that still a thing?

2) Is the huntress still the DPS king (since there are no joker yet)?

3) Is close range DPS possible/viable now?

4) How do mobs behave with walls? Do they still sneak around times? Or is the aggro pretty good?

Thank you! Looking forward to play the game and to relive a big part of my childhood lol.

8 minutes ago, MushroomCake28 said:

Hi,

I'm an old veteran, played a lot of DD1 and DD2. I'm planning on getting the game, even in its current state since I have always wished to encourage the devs. I was just wondering if any of the old perks and tricks still valid in this game:

1) I don't remember if it was in DD1 or DD2, or both, but I remember that defenses from a unit had a 25-30% boost if the hero who placed them is the active hero on the map. Is that still a thing?

Yes, that is still a thing. Active heroes provide a huge boost to towers damage.

2) Is the huntress still the DPS king (since there are no joker yet)?

Huntress is good, but Squire is meta right now. 

+Huntress weapon from Alch Lab on Nightmare difficulty+ (Triple Threat, even 140 ups will devastate)

+Squire - You want to farm a good weapon (95% block), farm a dragon (summit wave 15) and some decent armor - you have invincible tank as long as you block stuff, his bloodrush can boost you something fierce so you can do some dps yourself if you put damage into the weapon.

3) Is close range DPS possible/viable now?

Using squire for close range, Monk isnt bad either if you dump those points into damage, health and hero boost.

4) How do mobs behave with walls? Do they still sneak around times? Or is the aggro pretty good?

I feel like aggro has gotten so much better. I cant say anything negative, and it used to be aweful... maybe some things here and there. I can leave gaps in places and nothing will go through, ogres are attracted to them like moths to a lamp.

Thank you! Looking forward to play the game and to relive a big part of my childhood lol.

Allow me to lay some things down for you.

Ancient Mine for Mista Mine (decent tower pet, has minus speed, but until you can get Girrafs from wave 25 its what  you got.)

Alch lab for Triple threat (best huntress weapon rn)

Summit survival for Dragon (best pet paired with dps squire)

Summit for gemstones, they give the boosts to your towers. (Speedy Gemstone, and Powerful gemstones recommended you need at least 32 ups in order to reach +4 towers)

Endless spires survival drops a monkey pet that does some decent damage

Genie refills stamina, not mana. Hes awesome if you want an infinite boost (huntress gets huge mobility bonus, plus her bullet speed increases)

Cat for dps, found from Alc lab survival

Setup the auto loot found in your settings, the stuff you check mark is the stuff you will pick up, anything not checked will be auto sold. you can hold 15 pages of items

Theres a lot and I dont know what else to say at the moment, but its a bunch of rando tips that i hope help you.

• Like 2

Thanks!

Wow, the monkey pet is already there? If I recall correctly, it was only available from the 6 player forest DLC map in DD1.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MushroomCake28 said:

Thanks!

Wow, the monkey pet is already there? If I recall correctly, it was only available from the 6 player forest DLC map in DD1.

Its different than that one. This one sits on a floating cloud holding a bo staff. He attacks super (i mean insanely) fast, and his special thing is to speed up his attack, sometimes he speeds up so fast you cant even see him do it, but its fun to watch him when you go near enemies. Sadly other pets just dont hold any candles to the ones I mentioned, but fun to collect none-the-less. Hes a melee pet, not ranged.

Edited by VenatusXM
  • Like 1

Yes autosell works. No scavenger or anything like that. For the autoloot filter select rarity from the left hand column AND item type from the centre column. Pure strat on Magus Quarters is a very decent leveling map. The build is easy even with lower stats and you have a chance to get mythical and even Transcendent gear from it. 

Rather big thing, You have a hero deck of 4 heroes that all gain XP together.  So, when starting the game, make at least 4 heroes before playing.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:56 AM, VenatusXM said:

Huntress is good, but Squire is meta right now. 

Squire is meta in early progression through massacre (and brilliant in all levels below massacre) - hits hard nearly unkillable however if everyone plays a squire some maps become very difficult - summit for example. 

DPS has a few options all of which are very viable:

Hunter with cat, hunter with Genie, squire with dragon, or monk with genie. I've also played with some awesome apprentice dps who 1 shot fairies in glitter massacre. 

For optimum play currently I feel you want one dedicated dps, squire building walls, monk building auras and hunter building traps. I'm still leveling so have one of each but very rarely use my apprentice (they are great at nightmare level survival mode).

My advice is play what you enjoy i'm sure most combinations can be made to work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1