Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ngee1034

Massacre tower balance when survial hits

Recommended Posts

Are we going to get a balance update for Massacre towers? Right now i don't use anything but auras and traps with a spike blockade with dps toon. That is meta. I beat every mass map with no apprentice towers or squire towers. shoot you don't even use squire for anything other than spike and dragon. I would like the option to build those. I just don't see how you can do wave 20-25 on mass without tower support. The Nerf to towers makes them hard to use in mass. Idk maybe im just crying but i would like that to be considered along with maybe Godly and Ultimate gear to supplement. Thanks. :core_forum_Icon:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ngee1034 said:

Are we going to get a balance update for Massacre towers? Right now i don't use anything but auras and traps with a spike blockade with dps toon. That is meta. I beat every mass map with no apprentice towers or squire towers. shoot you don't even use squire for anything other than spike and dragon. I would like the option to build those. I just don't see how you can do wave 20-25 on mass without tower support. The Nerf to towers makes them hard to use in mass. Idk maybe im just crying but i would like that to be considered along with maybe Godly and Ultimate gear to supplement. Thanks. :core_forum_Icon:

I dont think godly gear will be implemented since it was end game gear in dd1 before nightmare was released.  Anyways if the series ev actually gets added to dda im pretty sure dps towers will be usable in mass survival since the buff beam should make them quite a lot stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really hoping that Massacre will be doable without any DPS characters. I've always played this game strictly as a tower defence game first since I find enjoyment in creating and testing builds. Massacre as it is now requires one to run either a DPS character or Squire + Dragon which is completely antithesis to the whole tower defence concept. I don't mind DPS being an option, but I hate the idea of it being required. I never needed to run DPS characters in the Dungeon Defenders 1 for any of the content excluding maybe bosses, and even then it was possible to do so without one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadowkira said:

I'm really hoping that Massacre will be doable without any DPS characters. I've always played this game strictly as a tower defence game first since I find enjoyment in creating and testing builds. Massacre as it is now requires one to run either a DPS character or Squire + Dragon which is completely antithesis to the whole tower defence concept. I don't mind DPS being an option, but I hate the idea of it being required. I never needed to run DPS characters in the Dungeon Defenders 1 for any of the content excluding maybe bosses, and even then it was possible to do so without one.

So you want to afk it

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingdiamond said:

So you want to afk it

I don't think you know what afk means

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fuzzyape said:

I don't think you know what afk means

I know!

Away from keyboard.

Do I get points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ryzours said:

I know!

Away from keyboard.

Do I get points?

Yes! +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryzours said:

I know!

Away from keyboard.

Do I get points?

Why do you assume he wants to afk then? Having no dps hero doesn't mean afking a map at all. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old type of builds in DD1 NMHC had a meta, but as the Op says it would be great to have some variety with the original 4. Currently the feeling of massacre just seems wrong.

Squire harps and bowling balls really need some love.

Even if the Ev comes with the buff beam, buffed crap is still crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 1:41 PM, kingdiamond said:

So you want to afk it

I'm the kind of player that will purposely lower stats just to test the limits of a build. I don't mind having to actively repair and upgrade. I just don't like using DPS characters because they can bolster non-optimal defences.

Edited by Shadowkira
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fozzie said:

The old type of builds in DD1 NMHC had a meta, but as the Op says it would be great to have some variety with the original 4. Currently the feeling of massacre just seems wrong.

Squire harps and bowling balls really need some love.

Even if the Ev comes with the buff beam, buffed crap is still crap. 

I agree with squire towers. I want my machine gun harpoons from DD1!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 11:26 PM, Fuzzyape said:

Why do you assume he wants to afk then? Having no dps hero doesn't mean afking a map at all. 

If you don't have a active  hero and you do survival and you Max your towers. There is nothing left to do. So you go watch Netflix and pres g and every 5 wave you rep. Or let same one jione whom do it for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kingdiamond said:

If you don't have a active  hero and you do survival and you Max your towers. There is nothing left to do. So you go watch Netflix and pres g and every 5 wave you rep. Or let same one jione whom do it for you 

You assume this is an invalid way to play.  So long as they aren't joining games of players that want active players (which active upgrade/repair doesn't require being on DPS), then who cares how they play the game?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Batophobia said:

You assume this is an invalid way to play.  So long as they aren't joining games of players that want active players (which active upgrade/repair doesn't require being on DPS), then who cares how they play the game?

But... but... DDA is a highly competitive game. I am physically hurt whenever I hear about the filthy AFK players that grinded enough, or leeched enough, to do content AFK while I can barely do it while being active

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buff beams should barely affect traps/auras while immensely boosting the HP and DPS of towers.   Not a huge fan of the current meta, placing DST towers up on the walls, ceilings, etc. to avoid spiders. 
 

Super buffed towers and reflect beams can fix this I think.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that ev is going to make apprentice towers much better so it can make a new meta. Its not that i don't like the meta, but it would be cool to have apprentice in massacre. Apprentice is completly useless in massacre and thats where all the fun is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lolstol said:

I think that ev is going to make apprentice towers much better so it can make a new meta. Its not that i don't like the meta, but it would be cool to have apprentice in massacre. Apprentice is completly useless in massacre and thats where all the fun is happening.

I agree. I would like to see some squire love as well. At least you can play apprentice through NM but the squire has no tower love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the discussion.  Previously I wondered whether the inclusion of new character classes would make the existing ones less viable.  In the EV's case, it seems as if it will help restore some viability of apprentices and squires in the build, which is a good outcome.  The meta will evolve, and likely in ways that are hard to foresee by the development team.  But to make squire and apprentice towers viable on nightmare/massacre would be very good.

...now if we only had time to build them.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 8:14 AM, Damocles said:

I like the discussion.  Previously I wondered whether the inclusion of new character classes would make the existing ones less viable.  In the EV's case, it seems as if it will help restore some viability of apprentices and squires in the build, which is a good outcome.  The meta will evolve, and likely in ways that are hard to foresee by the development team.  But to make squire and apprentice towers viable on nightmare/massacre would be very good.

...now if we only had time to build them.  :) 

I disagree. Apprentice and squire towers could be viable right now, it's just that they're arbitrarily weakened for the sake of Massacre rules. It's just lazy design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yea but making EV directly improve the towers makes the EV required. That means they NEED to get rid of the player deck system ( Please get rid of that) to allow for more characters with time to build etc. Just seem wonky overall.

 

Edited by ngee1034

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ngee1034 said:

Yea but making EV directly improve the towers makes the EV required. That means they NEED to get rid of the player deck system ( Please get rid of that) to allow for more characters with time to build etc. Just seem wonky overall.

 

The deck is fine, char swapping is not. I want to see all my 12 chars at once, and select 4 that get exp, that would be a much better solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...