Sign in to follow this  
old spice

Trendy - We'd like you to communicate better with us

A few people have been calling for Massacre Survival and other changes for a couple weeks now. I personally dont mind this so much as I'd rather it be delivered good rather than fast. 

Personally, however, I'd hope for more communications and discussion with the community. 

During the month of June, there's been pretty much no new info (apart from bug-fix patches) about the future plans for the game or the expected patch eta's etc. 

A lot of people's relatively valid complaints about design issues or changes (like the Soul Focuser change) have gone unanswered. 

I'd like to stress that I personally think it's perfectly fine for you to make these changes, but it would be incredibly important for you to respond to some of the key concerns players present in regards to this, and explain your decisions to them. This would go a long way towards changing community perception and creating a more positive atmosphere. It would also help players understand and feel more part of this game and franchise that many have come to care about and feel very strongly off. 

So really, all I'm asking for is a bit more responsiveness, slightly more frequent communications, and more updates on future plans and roadmaps (like the one you had leading up to this point for example.) 

But also have a good summer y'all!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, old spice said:

and more updates on future plans and roadmaps (like the one you had leading up to this point for example.) 

Not sure the roadmap is such a good idea.  Some people will complain strongly if an update is 1 day late (They promised us! The owe us!) or if one feature is not implemented (They lied to us! They hate us!)

But having a vague idea of the direction of the game and vague information about what's going on every week or every couple of weeks, without giving a precise date, would be nice.

As old spice said, this could ease the frustration of some people. I therefore agree with 99.2% of his post.

they anounced during there dev stream on twitch last night coming soon there will be a road map of everything coming in the next 6 months  something worth watching once a week when they do there dev stream  they have a  24 hour on coming next week with fun and community games so that is defo worth taking part  in they are fairly open with us but there is still room for improvements.

I am one of the 1.4% of the community that has completed massacure campaign ( acording to steam achievements) dunno how acurate that is but id say fairly  and waiting for something new to sink my time into only real challenge with massacure is summit  ( maybe throne room with the ogers  spawning ontop of the crystal if ur not using squire cheese mode).  i am at the stage where every peace of gear is eather 250 ups or better pets are about as good as they can get can take a few hours of playing to find one upgrade at this point so the fun factor starts to drop off fast. how ever with other games i play on steam having nice updates dropping whilst i await for survival i dont mind the wait as it gives me time to go play and grind out the other games back to top tier again.

3 hours ago, Ryzours said:

Not sure the roadmap is such a good idea.  Some people will complain strongly if an update is 1 day late (They promised us! The owe us!) or if one feature is not implemented (They lied to us! They hate us!)

I disagree.  If they take the approach of better communication, then they can say "We plan to have it out in [month]" and if end of month is approaching, they can just as easily say "We've hit some unexpected issues, so it might be delayed".  So long as they give an update a reasonable time before the end of their original estimate, the vast majority of the community will be understanding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryzours said:

This comment feels really disingenuous. This argument has been used over and over again portraying those that have complaints as whiny babies who can't wait. This is not the issue for the great majority of people.

The actual issue is the lack of communication. Not delays. Please stop twisting things.

• Like 2

I'm not twisting things, a (very vocal) minority of players are very toxic, imho. Look at some of the reviews on steam.

But that's not the issue, we all agree that we want better communication, let's stick with that.

Just want to chime in with the comment that Trendy doesn't exist anymore and it's Chromatic Games.

I'd love to see more communication though. When the dev tracker only shows the 5 last post and they're all from the same dev going back a week, it feels like crickets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spar13 said:

Just want to chime in with the comment that Trendy doesn't exist anymore and it's Chromatic Games.

By calling them Trendy he is basically saying they are acting like Trendy did because Trendy never really communicated with the community.

20 hours ago, [UMF] Filthylopez said:

bump, talk to us <3

Please

yeah this is really sad that chromatic, even if we make a post about lack of communication, didn't take their time to even make a short reply like "busy rn brb" .. i don't know how i  feel about that.

With regards to communication, I know we've been very quiet recently, and that's mainly because we are actively working on rebuilding our roadmap which involves a lot of planning and having to figure out where all the pieces fall into place. In addition to addressing outstanding concerns and working on the game. Once we have that finalised we will send that out to the public and that should help give a more clear idea of where we are at and what to expect, but until that happens there isn't much we can say which I fully understand is very very frustrating to you guys.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dani said:

With regards to communication, I know we've been very quiet recently, and that's mainly because we are actively working on rebuilding our roadmap which involves a lot of planning and having to figure out where all the pieces fall into place. In addition to addressing outstanding concerns and working on the game. Once we have that finalised we will send that out to the public and that should help give a more clear idea of where we are at and what to expect, but until that happens there isn't much we can say which I fully understand is very very frustrating to you guys.

That’s good to hear. I have been eagerly awaiting the proposed  roadmap of what is coming with the game. Hopefully survival massacre will be out then to tide us over.

2 hours ago, Dani said:

How is the office pool doing? who does the cleaning or do you have a pool-boy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, interval said:

How is the office pool doing? who does the cleaning or do you have a pool-boy?

I wouldn't know, I am just a potato on an island far away from the studio. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I wouldn't know, I am just a potato on an island far away from the studio. :D

I used you live on an island “Guam” better internet then I have stateside, but we have better food here. I would also think being a potato is better then being a pool-boy