Sign in to follow this  
BCSAkira

Want people to stop complaining about too easy?

... All you need to do is stop allowing players to join public/private games that they haven't solo'd themselves.  There is a LARGE contingency of players claiming this game is too easy because they joined games of other people doing ALL THE WORK - then AFK farming 300 gear in Glitterhelm games.  Of course that is easy, you didn't do anything!

I recommend that Chromatic Games change the system to disallow the player base to join public AND private games until they have solo'd it themselves.  Problem solved, go earn your spot at the top and you can farm until your heart is content.  There will still be players who complain it's too easy, because... well... some people play 20 hours a day.  That is their problem.

... an extension of that design would be to allow groups to join a map together "if nobody in the group has beaten it already".  This would mean that everyone is in the same boat and not being carried to victory... let's earn it TOGETHER.

• Like 2

I disagree with this, I think the current restrictions are good enough. If I want to carry my friends past the boring content, I want to be able to. I personnally find anything under insane useless to play and the people I play with do too.

Restricting based on soloing is so weird, being able to play with 3 other people with one person playing each role, even though it's the least efficient, should still be possible.

5 hours ago, interval said:

Maybe a gear lvl gate system like DD2?

Please god no!

• Like 1

Alternatively, have "Challenge Gear" with lower max stats.  Playing anything in NM or Massacre, there's somewhere between a new hero and a fully maxed out hero where it's nearly impossible.  If all heroes have this gear on, get some other perk, like higher chances for better gear, increased XP, more gold, unique pet/weapon, anything.  You could even have the stats changed based on number of players, so you might have better stats playing solo than if you are in a group.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, chpoit said:

I disagree with this, I think the current restrictions are good enough. If I want to carry my friends past the boring content, I want to be able to. I personnally find anything under insane useless to play and the people I play with do too.

Restricting based on soloing is so weird, being able to play with 3 other people with one person playing each role, even though it's the least efficient, should still be possible.

I appreciate your civil approach to the conversation.  The current restrictions are... there aren't any, that's why everyone and their dog is farming massacre glitterhelm.  The only reason your friends would find anything lower than what y'll are doing is boring - is because they've already seen the higher content and have been carried past it.  If you've never seen massacre and nightmare, then insane would be really fun... because it's the highest content you've experienced with gear that is equivalent.

Without having some approach to forcing progression, some form of it, the game will be deemed simple and boring forever.

I still don't understand what is fun about going straight to the last maps anyway, this is why people stop playing the game - no sense of achievement or challenge.

• Like 1

I don't perceive this as a problem.  There are a lot of players who buy a game, get all the achievements as fast as they can, and move on.  Maybe they return when DLC is released, maybe not.  I remember seeing someone mention that 1.4% of players have beaten all the act 3 maps on Massacre.  If that's accurate, even if all of them are complaining that the game is too easy, that's a tiny though perhaps vocal minority.  Anyone complaining that it's too easy who doesn't have that achievement... I'd be inclined to consider those complaints to be invalid.

I once knew a guy who claimed that chess was "too easy".  So then I beat him 3 times in a row and he still said it was too easy.  Sometimes you just have to shake your head and move on.  Some people will say anything to get you to think they're better/more talented/smarter than they really are.  My advice is to briefly roll your eyes and hope they grow up.  I find myself doing that a lot.  You can't argue with immaturity because being right isn't enough.

I don't really think that a small army of players farming glitterhelm on massacre who couldn't solo the Alchem Lab is a problem.  Any discerning player can tell whether someone else knows what they're doing or not almost immediately upon meeting them.  Respected players will find each other and have fun playing together.  I don't think this warrants action by Chromatic and I'd rather see their efforts focused elsewhere.

• Like 2

Well i have to agree the army of noobs coming to Massacre is insane. I have also a trouble to find teammates to farm MHC gear as i need it for summit, where i am solo currently.

I progressed whole game solo and now people who joins my royal gardens or Throne room are guys who sits with their squire and dragon on one place thinking they are useful while whole map collapsing behind them cause cannot click r or q on barricade.

I rarely find a good guy with DPS char who is useful and good. Most of people joining games in Massacre are carried noobs with 0 skill in game. I had a guy in Throne room who died every single wave in HC after like 3 seconds the wave started lol:]

Its just how it is this is why i think some sort of guild concept and community sort would be amazing for DDA. The community on discord is good but to find someone to really play with and create some group is hard. Its just random people mostly.

Also most people are either not in massacre at all or they already completed it and go only Glitter HC as DDA community is very small its a problem.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be against an anti-AFK option for games, so long as it could be turned off.  Sometimes you want players who will be active, other times you just want to set up and let it go.

or just ignore them, no point changing the game over something so silly, let them get bored and quit

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ViVi said:

or just ignore them, no point changing the game over something so silly, let them get bored and quit

lol

looking at the steam charts, and how the forums are going back to the death state, I would rather have more "bad" players than no players.

https://steamcharts.com/app/1101190

I really hope they add the content that will keep the players active soon, because having to resurect the population every 2 months is not viable

Edited by chpoit
  • Like 1

It saddens me to see glitches like in Glitterhelm that allow people to afk farm what is supposedly the hardest content. I was dismayed to see that copter ogres didn't attack the crystal.

They fixed gas traps and darkness but left other bugs in.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

I was dismayed to see that copter ogres didn't attack the crystal.

Ogres dropped by copters have never been able to damage crystals

• Like 1