Sign in to follow this  
Pegero

Can we reset our account?

Posted (edited)

My friend was hacking and I just let him join. I wasn't aware of the repercussions of what that actually implied. Now I can't even play with other friends or people. I'm 100% okay losing all my characters and progress and will start again. I have over 550 hours in DD1. I'm only  17 hours into this and now I feel like I shouldn't even play. Anything at all I can do?

Edit: He claims it was a trainer not actual hacking. even tho its basically the same thing

Edited by Pegero
  • Like 1

Well how about start a  new account on steam and buy DDA again? I hope you took your lesson about accepting cheating.

I dont think you can ask CG about second chance man. This is your only chance sacrifice your money and give them to Chromatic for your mistake.

Good luck

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Go to discord.gg/dd2

pm one of the cg staff, for example philip, tell him the situation, ask him for a second chance or a reset. I'd be really surprised if they didn't do any of these. They are usually quite helpful.

Edited by gnollmar
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Pegero said:

Anything at all I can do?

Seriously, this goes back to my point of having multiple save files allotted to the player.  If you allowed players to be honest with their "cheating" you could ask them to flag their own save files as "cheats enabled" and keep all the cheaters separated without making people feel left out.

Additionally, if you gave three save files, the player could have their friends account, their cheats enabled account, and their solo account, which gives more mercy / grace to the players in this exact position, regardless of whether they knew they were playing with cheaters or not.

4 hours ago, kingdiamond said:

I dont understand why cheat the game easy as is you only have to farm a little 

It is like cheat codes in GTA.  Sometimes it is fun to just get a bunch of end game content right off to just play the game like a sandbox.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, papafhill said:

It is like cheat codes in GTA.  Sometimes it is fun to just get a bunch of end game content right off to just play the game like a sandbox.

Oke... Fun. But do it offline there you can cheat all you like 

8 hours ago, kingdiamond said:

Oke... Fun. But do it offline there you can cheat all you like 

Or allow the cheaters access to cheaters only games, and bar them from all other games (basically what they are doing, just allowing all cheaters to hang out together).

There seems to be a stigma around using cheats / "trainers." Don't misunderstand me, I don't use cheats in public games or solo gameplay.  However, I do see the fun in it (especially in games like GTA.  Turn friction to 0 and I'm there for hours laughing).

On 6/24/2020 at 9:33 AM, papafhill said:

There seems to be a stigma around using cheats / "trainers." Don't misunderstand me, I don't use cheats in public games or solo gameplay.  However, I do see the fun in it (especially in games like GTA.  Turn friction to 0 and I'm there for hours laughing).

I think a lot of this stems from players who have had their experiences ruined by cheaters in competitive games. 

One of my favorite things to do when I'm "done" with a game is to whip up cheat engine or find trainers and mess around cranking values up and down to try new things. For example, shooting 1 million bullets per second in borderlands, however, I would never go in other player's games with cheats active as I don't think that's nice.

To be honest, I don't care if there are cheaters in non-competitive games, as long as you can kick them out of your games. It doesn't affect me if JoeBlow69420 gets through massacre in 3.5seconds, there are no rewards for being the first to achieve the milestones.

A cheats enabled save would be a cool thing to add.

• Like 2