gael

Game Server

Hi, im a french player, i have a medium connection 15mb/s but i can't host a game or join a game without insane lag. I don't know why maybe because it's a US server.

Someone know if they gonna make a EU server or something else ... 

• Like 1

I think they have said the servers are player2player so there’s no dedicated servers. It’s all on your connection.

6 hours ago, Skrubu said:

I think they have said the servers are player2player so there’s no dedicated servers. It’s all on your connection.

Man that is complete nonsense - i am from EU too and i have lags even solo. Already reported and CG is dealing with it. Their servers have performance issues.

DDA is a Peer 2 Peer game, meaning the host is the one driving the server for all players to connect to. If the host has bad internet or slow hardware this can cause issues for the players connecting to them. If the host is in another country, the latency between the host and players might cause issues. We are still actively working on performance both Performance and Networking side of things to make it easier to host and play the game with less issues. All of these factor into how well the experience is for each player, but we do not run any official dedicated servers for this game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, atharix said:

Man that is complete nonsense - i am from EU too and i have lags even solo. Already reported and CG is dealing with it. Their servers have performance issues.

Well, Philip already answered you and I was right. It probably something on your end.

Well if CG has no servers in EU and we in EU are connecting to USA then yes - but that would be really really stupid and poor architecture design.

Also it does not make sense why lags comes always after wave 15. If it lags it would lag whole time - so there is something different either low throughput or timeouts.

Man think you are right i dont care:) I am working in cloud architecture for 7 years and I just know this is not coming from player´s end and definitely not from my end.

There is a problem in EU base players and CG has to address it or they will loose them. Period.

Edited by atharix

@atharix...

so do a traceroute and show "us" "your" lag ;-)

Cannot confirm anything like this. DD:A is running absolutly client to client.

On my End, i am playing with HW Firewall blocked Game.exe (both) and its running fine, unoptimized for most hardware, but its running.

But... maybe its higher Level related. Until Solo A1M3 NMHC Survival Wave 25 no lags so far.

mySetup:

Win 10 2004

X470 MB + RyZen 5 2600

16GB 3200 RAM + ISLC by WagnerSoft

Vega 64 Strix OC@ 1700 MHz / 1,1V; Liquid cooled

Corsair MP510 NVME (Sys, Steam, DD:A)

DELL TZ300 HWFW

ISP: Unitymedia(Vodafone) Office100

Quiet low to medium Midend Hardware while running the Game capped at 60 FPS@Medium Settings

Edited by TheZonk88

32 minutes ago, TheZonk88 said:

@atharix...

so do a traceroute and show "us" "your" lag ;-)

Cannot confirm anything like this. DD:A is running absolutly client to client.

On my End, i am playing with HW Firewall blocked Game.exe (both) and its running fine, unoptimized for most hardware, but its running.

But... maybe its higher Level related. Until Solo A1M3 NMHC Survival Wave 25 no lags so far.

mySetup:

Win 10 2004

X470 MB + RyZen 5 2600

16GB 3200 RAM + ISLC by WagnerSoft

Vega 64 Strix OC@ 1700 MHz / 1,1V; Liquid cooled

Corsair MP510 NVME (Sys, Steam, DD:A)

DELL TZ300 HWFW

ISP: Unitymedia(Vodafone) Office100

Quiet low to medium Midend Hardware while running the Game capped at 60 FPS@Medium Settings

The most important information is where are you from? Are you from Europe?

And there are tons of people having lags and it was there before even in Early access.

And sorry but this would be the first game for me where I should investigate where the problem is instead of people beeing paid for.

We reported the problem - CG should come with solution.

I provided everything i was asked for already and yes i have it recorded on video which CG has, man and you clearly see that something is happening in survival wave 13-15 and from there its getting worse.

I have very similar hw to yours a little bit less RAM and different GPU.

I tried all setting possibilities but it does not matter - its host - client lags not fps drops. This is difference.

And its really strange that there are many people experiencing the same issue dont you think?

Edited by atharix

yeah that's make me crazy i can't host a game or join someone and nobody stay cause my connection is bad, massacre in solo is not fun...

and 15mb/s is not a really bad connection im just laggy on this game

22 minutes ago, gael said:

and 15mb/s is not a really bad connection im just laggy on this game

15mb/s is slow trust me if my uk conection ever drops down to below 100mb/s i notice it fairly fast im that used to 300mb/s since game went to live from ea i suffer almost 0 lag  i can run around in muultiplayer i can do anything i want in games without issues now i have a pc thats pritty much minimum requirements apart from  the ram  where i have 16gigs. my whole system is coming up on 8 years old now  and in need of an upgrade once i can aford it. 

during ea my proccessor would be running at 100% usage and then comes the lag  ( i5 processor ) just sitting in the tavern would be maxing it out. since the game went to live they have added alot of paformance updates and i now sometimes see 80% usage during 4 player wave 24-25 but nowhere near the usage i was seeing before.

my internet connection is one of the best avalable in the uk  download is just as important as the upload  as u haveto upload data bk to the others when running in a group for there items etc  im currently running at  350mb/s down 40mb/s up and due another free upgrade to  a higher tier in next few months  which should bring me to 500down 50 up. 

router is other side of my house so ive put cables under the floor to make sure i was wierd connection instead of wifi for stability when gaming.

• Like 1