TMyth

Siren, witch, whatever it’s called

Anyone know exactly how the siren works mechanically? I’m guessing that it projects an aura that causes enemies around it to take immensely less damage, it seems to have an elemental indicator near it (assuming this is the element it resists.) but it’s also had no element and the damage has been drastically reduced for physical. I’m just wondering if this hypothesis is correct. As sadly I’ve made it to act 3 and don’t quite have a 100% sure guarantee that’s what it is.

• Like 1

If you dont kill it in a timely matter it will cast a spell that will give mobs around it the same affinity as the one you can see it marked as. I dont know if the spell can be interrupted by attacking him, or if its activated after it "runs away". I have definitely noticed that whatever the Sirens symbol is is the affinity it has, and using weapons of that affinity will do almost nothing. I want to know more, but I guess that will come as people experiment with them. 

• Like 1

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. The siren spawns with either a  physical or an elemental affinity, casting that same affinity to mobs around it. So in the case of a poison siren that casts that affinity to other mobs they would be able to by pass your gas traps and I guess with the other elementals they would just be immune to what ever elemental that is. I've found that if you try to take on the siren with physical damage when it's immune to that it reduces your damage output by about 90 percent and seems to stick around alot longer afflicting more mobs. 

• Like 2

Okay awesome to get some clarification!

Say Hello to Enrage Aura, it might be your second best friend now because Poison Elem Siren makes them immune to Gas Trap, Enrage Aura would act as a secondary "gas trap" and also a choke point/wall. It takes time to get used to it though if you're new to it but it really helps and it works.

That’s what I typically use yeah. I beat the whole campaign already now. It’s a different style of gameplay, but it is fun. The challenge is nice. I just wish the towers weren’t nerfed.