Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

June 5th Legacy Transfer Update

Posted (edited)

What is the limit for gold transfer? Since maxing out transcendent gear is 2.3b & weapons 4b + for each hero and gold on person please?  

Edited by DemonXBolland
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, interval said:

first of all it is called a joke

False.  Jokes are funny.

its posable I have been on the internet longer then you have been on this planet

Possible, but no one here cares about your age.

you mean in this age of constant connectivity some one may not be able to see this or open there game to find out what’s going on

That's exactly the meaning of the post you quoted.  As a self-proclaimed "old" person, I'm sure you are familiar with responsibilities.  Sometimes people can only devote a few hours a week or less on playing games.  Sometimes those plans get interrupted by circumstances outside their control.  For example, the weather might knock out your power for a few days.  Your ISP might have an outage in your area.

Given, these users are unlikely to be the ones that put hundreds of hours into EA that could be lost if they don't migrate in time, but as a human with life experience "longer then you have been on this planet" I'm sure you get the point.  One week could absolutely not be enough time for some people.  Particularly those that don't follow Dungeon Defenders forums on a regular basis.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 8:58 PM, [CG] LAWLTA said:

Gear will be balanced to it’s 1.0 version and your upgrades will be reset.

Does this mean that gear in bags will follow over from legacy or will only equipped gear from Legacy follow over and be balanced/reset? @[CG] LAWLTA

Edited by Volesus
  • Like 2

I remember one of the resets from DD2 where our gear was "reset" It wasn't actually reset, that is set to 1\132 for instance it was rerolled. So all that nice transcendent gear you have kept for the new hero DLC, that could drop in the future may get rerolled to some lousy transcendent, not the top tier one you had stored.

I raged off DD2 for several weeks after that

I fear we may get this type of Trendyesque 'balance' where it will get rerolled within the constraints of the tier parameter. So a top tier item you kept could turn into trash loot.

9 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

I fear we may get this type of Trendyesque 'balance' where it will get rerolled within the constraints of the tier parameter. So a top tier item you kept could turn into trash loot.

Items are not being rerolled, The stats on items won't change, the only thing that is being balanced is the upgrade levels on the item. Your best items will likely still be your best items but they will just have a lower power ceiling than before, also any items obtained after launch will be exactly the same after the transfer, the only change would be their upgrade levels will be reset to default and the gold will refunded.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Volesus said:

Does this mean that gear in bags will follow over from legacy or will only equipped gear from Legacy follow over and be balanced/reset?

All items both on heroes and inventory will be transferred and balanced accordingly.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2020 at 4:19 AM, interval said:

Well first of all it is called a joke

Yeah, didnt take it as anything but. I couldnt be arsed explaining why 7 days isnt long enough, there's just so many reasons, like being ill if a highly contagious virus was going around. Yeah okay, Im from the UK, its way likely at some point :D

Thanks for the update. Updates are good :)

Kind of in limbo until the tool happens, but not a lot you can do about a flooded office, and even the permanently-angry-gamer types will find it hard to find fault with that (they'll certainly try no doubt though :))

Sounds like a sensible plan.

17 hours ago, [CG] Philip said:

Items are not being rerolled, The stats on items won't change, the only thing that is being balanced is the upgrade levels on the item. Your best items will likely still be your best items but they will just have a lower power ceiling than before, also any items obtained after launch will be exactly the same after the transfer, the only change would be their upgrade levels will be reset to default and the gold will refunded.

This is good to know, thanks for the clarification.

On 6/6/2020 at 2:01 PM, papafhill said:

I'm the opposite of this.  My Legacy characters are my preference, but my Play characters are nearly caught up.  This should have been the solution at launch, not a week later.  Oh well.

For me personally it works out because I dont care for the loot, and your toons that you created from Legacy get merged into the "Play" area. I would think any avid defender would have more than just their 4 main builders and a dps. I make each toon for a specific purpose (tower boost monk, Wall squire etc) I didnt have more than 5 toons before legacy, and when we had to switch over I ended up making 5 new ones that I was able to level. Since they just merged the profiles I kept everything and that put me ahead (meaning I didnt have to re-level those 5). I can see why some people may have an issue with the way they are proceeding, cant make everyone happy after all, but for the majority it seems CG has started making up for those issues. Now if we could just get these many... many bugs situated that would be awesome.

8 hours ago, VenatusXM said:

your toons that you created from Legacy get merged into the "Play" area.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:58 PM, [CG] LAWLTA said:

Your current “Play” progression will be deleted.

It looks to me that we will be losing all progression in "Play." I could be completely wrong in my interpretation of LAWLTA's update, but it looks to me that everything to do with our "Play" profile is erased, including our heroes.  Legacy is copied over it.  If that is the case then this is indeed a wipe, not a merge.  And if it were a merge, I would love to just merge the experience from one profile to the next.  That is really where most people's time has been spent and accumulated.

15 hours ago, papafhill said:

It looks to me that we will be losing all progression in "Play." I could be completely wrong in my interpretation of LAWLTA's update, but it looks to me that everything to do with our "Play" profile is erased, including our heroes.  Legacy is copied over it.  If that is the case then this is indeed a wipe, not a merge.  And if it were a merge, I would love to just merge the experience from one profile to the next.  That is really where most people's time has been spent and accumulated.

I did not mean to mislead anyone. I transferred my Legacy accounts over when people were able to message ModMail and all of my characters had merged into that profile. I would have thought they would do the same thing, but I guess its different when you include the Gold and gear you farmed getting transfered too. 

On 6/8/2020 at 5:16 PM, Jackp said:

Yeah, didnt take it as anything but. I couldnt be arsed explaining why 7 days isnt long enough, there's just so many reasons, like being ill if a highly contagious virus was going around. Yeah okay, Im from the UK, its way likely at some point :D

So whats OK with you 14 days? 21 days? when does it end? when is it ever going to be OK with everyone  7 months 7 years? or maybe just maybe 21 years? because no then people will complain that its to long

8 minutes ago, interval said:

So whats OK with you 14 days? 21 days? when does it end? when is it ever going to be OK with everyone  7 months 7 years? or maybe just maybe 21 years? because no then people will complain that its to long

For an adult who "has been on the internet for longer than me" you sure do act immature. 

I personnally think that 1 month should be plenty to give most people the chance to transfer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, interval said:

Flamebait :Emoji_TNT:

1 hour ago, chpoit said:

For an adult who "has been on the internet for longer than me" you sure do act immature. 

I personnally think that 1 month should be plenty to give most people the chance to transfer.

Yes almost dying has brought my inner child out again and I have no issue with that, if you do move on but I can  agree with one month.

but I don't think our voice counts so....

BTW it’s a forum about a video game, if I cant be immature here where do you suggest?

Posted (edited)

Hello!

First of all: Thanks for the transfer tool! A bit late (already played new heros to lvl90 again) but  thanks. 

Secondly: I wanted to check my legacy account and see if it's worth tranfsering it. (Pretty sure it is, because i already had 2 decks of lvl 100 heros and so much nice gear,,,) BUT i can't load my legacy account.  :(

When i try it and hit the play legacy button, the game loads my new PLAY account instead. So i'm kinda scared to transfer it now too. Don't wanna end up with nothing...

PLEASE HELP! :D 

@[CG] Philip

Edited by Micki

8 hours ago, VenatusXM said:

I did not mean to mislead anyone. I transferred my Legacy accounts over when people were able to message ModMail and all of my characters had merged into that profile. I would have thought they would do the same thing, but I guess its different when you include the Gold and gear you farmed getting transfered too. 

It's the moment of truth.  I'll let you know if I was misunderstanding LAWLTA!

Yea, I was right.  They at least give the warning that "All your Play characters and gear will be deleted."  One little thing further I wish they did would be averaging hero experience in Play and adding that number to all our Legacy characters on transfer.  The gear makes zero difference from Play, it is the experience that really took the time to build that was lost.

At least all our characters are now on Play.  I'll stop being a crabby jerk... for now.  Thanks CG for taking the time to work on this!

• Like 2

Hello i played 150 hours on the beta and i just tried using the legacy tool and its the exact same character i jsut cretaed today its not what i put 150 hours into please someone help me before this tool goes away :(

2 hours ago, motosh2013 said:

Hello i played 150 hours on the beta and i just tried using the legacy tool and its the exact same character i jsut cretaed today its not what i put 150 hours into please someone help me before this tool goes away :(

After using the tool, make sure to restart DDA. Beyond that I'm not sure why your Characters wouldn't be there considering many others have already transfered their accounts without issue. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VenatusXM said:

After using the tool, make sure to restart DDA. Beyond that I'm not sure why your Characters wouldn't be there considering many others have already transfered their accounts without issue. 

ive done everything i can others on discord have had the same problem, no need to be all up and mighty just because your worked alright, just trying to get my hard work back lol \

21 hours ago, motosh2013 said:

16 hours ago, Batophobia said:

theirs no transfer tool anymore what im saying is i have done the transfer and its reset me to lvl 1 and theirs no transfer or legacy option available