Sign in to follow this  
[CG] LAWLTA

June 5th Legacy Transfer Update

DEFENDERS,

To help keep lines of communication opened and informed, we’re writing about our Legacy transfer tool that we previously talked about. Here’s an update, let’s get into it.

When’s it coming?

Well, we were going to do it today but wanted to test it more and make sure it was as great it could be. Then we planned on releasing it Monday, and then something happened today. Some pipes burst and flooded our entire office. This means our internal servers, internal networks, build PCs, and so much more took a nice bath. Luckily, we’re all working remote so no one was hurt.

tThAQxx7nQuPIx9og-46WaUxiJrEEI1oxNUbDzfb

We need to get our internal servers and build machines rebuilt and set up.  As a result, our patching is a little up in the air. We hope to get the machines back up and the patch out to you all next week. We’ll keep you posted when it’s coming.

What is this Legacy Transfer Tool?

Once this patch goes live, we’re going to be offering players the opportunity to transfer over their Legacy progression, characters, and gear over to “Play”. The goal is to do right by our community, while also having everyone in the same area to Defend.  Here’s how the tool works:

• Load up the game.
  • “Legacy Transfer” button is now below “Legacy”
  • Once you select this button you’re presented with the following info:
    • Your current “Play” progression will be deleted.
    • Your “Legacy” progression will be copied over. This includes:
      • Heroes, Hero Level, and Progression.
      • Gear will be balanced to it’s 1.0 version and your upgrades will be reset.
      • Gold from your upgrades, up to a generous cap, will be refunded to you to reapply upgrades.
    • After confirming the transfer, you will need to restart the game.
    • Your profile will be copied to Play. You will no longer be able to access Legacy.

There are a few things to note:

• Legacy and Legacy Transfer will become unavailable after 7 days.
  • You are able to still play on Legacy, and any progression or items acquired on Legacy will be included up to the moment you transfer.
  • Any players that do not have “Play” profiles at all (i.e. Early Access players who have not played since launch, or people solely playing on Legacy) will be automatically transferred over after the 7 days.
  • For anyone with ANY “Play” progression, you will need to opt into the transfer. This means if you have started a character and just loaded into the tavern, you will need to opt in.
  • The ability to use Discord to manually transfer is no longer available because our office flooded.

The reason that we’re going to be disabling Legacy is to accomplish two goals. The first is to have players all playing in the same space together. The second is to ensure that we do not have to balance two versions of the game, as well as worry about any potential problems that come with that kind of work/balance.

What’s Next?

We’re currently working on a big update coming down the road. We’ll have a bit more information out soon regarding that update. We’re giving our devs a moment to breathe post launch, and will be hitting the ground running. There’s a lot we’ve got planned, and as always, please throw any and all feedback you can into the in-game escape link (it might say bugs right now, but anything that bugs you can be submitted through there).

Social Defenders

To get reliable updates on the future of DDA make sure to follow us on all our social media platforms:

Keep an eye out for more info!

For Etheria!
Chromatic Games

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear about the office. 

Thanks for the update. Answered every question I had about transfers and then some. 

Edited by Plutoker
  • Like 2

Dang, that really sucks to see the office there flooded. Glad to see no one was hurt, and that the team is still working towards making DDA the best it can possibly be.

• Like 3

Can we get any info on the "generous" refund limit? is it lets say, up to upgrade 200 on every piece of upgraded gear, is it a hardcap for all gear, a mix of both?

Posted (edited)

Legacy will disappear? Not a big deal, but I kinda liked the idea of having a mode where mods would be allowed. That worked well in DD1. And now that I have put many hours in my legacy and my play characters, I dont like to have some of them erased.

This news will make me slightly unhappy during the next few minutes.

Edited by Ryzours

26 minutes ago, Ryzours said:

Legacy will disappear? Not a big deal, but I kinda liked the idea of having a mode where mods would be allowed.

One of the main reasons we made legacy mode is for Mod Support, which I imagine we will bring the mode back once that is ready, but in the meantime since we have the transfer tool we don't really have a reason to separate the two groups at this time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Damn.. I know it's hot in some places but.. Computers aren't meant to take baths. I blame water. :) Anyways, keep us posted, that will quell all the rage ;)

52 minutes ago, drchrisms said:

Damn.. I know it's hot in some places but.. Computers aren't meant to take baths. I blame water. :) Anyways, keep us posted, that will quell all the rage ;)

We took them out for a walk and they got really dirty. It was the only solution we could think to clean them all at once.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, [CG] LAWLTA said:

Legacy and Legacy Transfer will become unavailable after 7 days.

Even better than just a wipe!

"Hey, I know we told you there wouldn't be a wipe, so we made legacy."

About a week later...

"Hey, I know we told you that you'd have access to both Legacy and Play... but now you have to choose between which profile you want to continue with, even though some of you have put in over 100 hours into Play."

This is literally the worst of every possibility.  I think the only saving grace would be if I leave my Legacy file as is and when you guys make it available again, hopefully in the future, that those characters still exist.  As I'm understanding this, you are telling people who have now poured hours into both modes that they have to choose one or the other.  Is that correct?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, papafhill said:

About a week later...

"Hey, I know we told you that you'd have access to both Legacy and Play... but now you have to choose between which profile you want to continue with, even though some of you have put in over 100 hours into Play."

This is literally the worst of every possibility.  I think the only saving grace would be if I leave my Legacy file as is and when you guys make it available again, hopefully in the future, that those characters still exist.  As I'm understanding this, you are telling people who have now poured hours into both modes that they have to choose one or the other.  Is that correct?

They did say what exactly will happen though. As for legacy profiles staying, with how the Legacy Tool will be working, it wouldn't be farfetched if they could make a PLAY to LEGACY when that mode becomes open again since Mods would better be utilized when you actually have things to push it with.

3 hours ago, [CG] LAWLTA said:

We took them out for a walk and they got really dirty. It was the only solution we could think to clean them all at once.

So long as they too wore masks. I'm cool with it. :)

5 hours ago, papafhill said:

About a week later...

I am perfectly fine with the solutions they have offered. With the balances and updates that came with official launch (and Massacre mode) most of our gear would have been obsolete instantly anyways. So I never cared about the gear, or loot, but I did care about the level progression. CG offered a quick solution that let me transfer my character levels within minutes of messaging them. I was pleased enough with this, as honestly I dont like the exp grind after 70. The gold comes easily. Every piece of my gear is better than my old stuff (considering the nerf everything will get) and I can do every map as is. To me, this means all those hours on both were for not, because I gained that progression back in a quarter of the time with the introduction of Massacre quality loot. This also meant all my toons were level ready for that gear. When I transfered my toons from legacy they just added my Legacy toons and Normal toons together, so I also kept all the progression from leveling those new toons when I had started over. 

• Like 1

That is unfortunate.  I hope things can come together and 2020 can stop throwing everything it's got at us. Thanks CG for the communication, I hope to hear more about this "big update" you have in the works and hope that involves a ton of much needed fixes as well. I hope you guys are able to get everything in order with that flooding, that sucks. :(

7 days isnt a long enough period

10 hours ago, VenatusXM said:

I am perfectly fine with the solutions they have offered. With the balances and updates that came with official launch (and Massacre mode) most of our gear would have been obsolete instantly anyways. So I never cared about the gear, or loot, but I did care about the level progression. CG offered a quick solution that let me transfer my character levels within minutes of messaging them. I was pleased enough with this, as honestly I dont like the exp grind after 70. The gold comes easily. Every piece of my gear is better than my old stuff (considering the nerf everything will get) and I can do every map as is. To me, this means all those hours on both were for not, because I gained that progression back in a quarter of the time with the introduction of Massacre quality loot. This also meant all my toons were level ready for that gear. When I transfered my toons from legacy they just added my Legacy toons and Normal toons together, so I also kept all the progression from leveling those new toons when I had started over. 

I'm the opposite of this.  My Legacy characters are my preference, but my Play characters are nearly caught up.  This should have been the solution at launch, not a week later.  Oh well.

Those desks are surprisingly clean.  No figurines, no pictures, no puzzles, no things to fidget with.

Sorry to hear about what happened! I'm very pleased to see that you're keeping an open line of communication! :)

12 hours ago, Jackp said:

7 days isnt a long enough period

• If a woman’s body can clean its uterus if 7 days or less, then it is long enough for you to make up your mind about this unless you are a woman then I understand “you know because you can never make up your mind or be on time”

you may need more time. I would recommend calling Chromatic and discussing this with LAWLTA or Philip personally.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, interval said:
  • If a woman’s body can clean its uterus if 7 days or less, then it is long enough for you to make up your mind about this unless you are a woman then I understand “you know because you can never make up your mind or be on time”

you may need more time. I would recommend calling Chromatic and discussing this with LAWLTA or Philip personally.

wtf kind of wonky answer is this????

What about some random person who ends up not having access to their vidya for a while and they have played on Play but wants to move over his characters? It's not a question of making up your mind for some people, it can also be a time constraint. 

I will be moving my chars ASAP, but not everyone will be able to play in the coming weeks and it might end up screwing them over.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chpoit said:

wtf kind of wonky answer is this????

What about some random person who ends up not having access to their vidya for a while and they have played on Play but wants to move over his characters? It's not a question of making up your mind for some people, it can also be a time constraint. 

I will be moving my chars ASAP, but not everyone will be able to play in the coming weeks and it might end up screwing them over.

Well first of all it is called a joke, “I had a feeling someone would toss a baby fit about it” if you get that offended you should most likely not be on the internet

Second of all I am old, its posable I have been on the internet longer then you have been on this planet but what’s a vidya?

time constraint, you mean in this age of constant connectivity some one may not be able to see this or open there game to find out what’s going on? My 18 y/o son tosses a fit if the internet/psn is down for like 2 seconds and he can’t log into his games or YouTube so I find that hard to believe

What will happen top the items i have collected in play? I mainly ask because of the pre order giraffe. Will I lose it?

Are the achievments reset? Or can i use the time to collect some of them?

2 hours ago, TyGer89 said:

What will happen top the items i have collected in play? I mainly ask because of the pre order giraffe. Will I lose it?

The transfer tool will replace the profile on Play. You should have received a pet in both Play and Legacy with the same code. So you will still have the pet / skins when you transfer.

2 hours ago, TyGer89 said:

Are the achievments reset? Or can i use the time to collect some of them?

Achievements are tied to steam and so they will transfer over.