Sign in to follow this  
krsans78

Status on tool to port from legacy to Play?

According to last weeks open letters and video stream we can expect a tool to port us over from legacy to play within this week. Augie also said that if there was to be any delays or it would arrive sooner Chromatic would keep us updated. It is now friday of the week the tool should arrive, and I am expecting some updated info. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am having a quite  bit of fun playing my new heroes, and I tested massacre with my EA heroes. I'm interested what will happen with the tool, does it merge legacy into play or is it an overwrite. Do your heroes need to have unique names if it is a merge, do you get the cumulative total of your gold

Posted (edited)

The CEO of Chromatic said it would "come by the end of next week", which is either today, saturday or sunday. He also said they would update us if there were any delays. 

I dont know if Im the only one feeling this way, but I dont enjoy playing on legacy and "play normally" because even though Chromatic said that "most gear will be ported over", they also acknowledged that stats have changed. I am decked out with gear that has well over 300 upgradelevels on all my chars, and I dont know how they will handle that. Will they "shrink" my gear so it fits in with the new system, or will i simply be ported over naked. None of us know, and the big uncertainty around this is why I dont enjoy playing. I dont know how much of my effort will be ported over, so I might as well just wait. Gold will be ported over up to a cap, but I dont find that playing just to increase my gold is very motivating. It is very important to me that they deliver this tool ASAP since I wont be playing untill they do. 

Edited by krsans78
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, krsans78 said:

The CEO of Chromatic said it would "come by the end of next week", which is either today, saturday or sunday.

Sunday is the start of a week technically

An update would be nice instead of the same response over and over:  Just keep playing legacy for now.

3 minutes ago, Cheesusplays said:

problem is if this stays in the game this calls for abuse when they want to make legacy a modded version

This is a one-time migration of your character data.  Relevant quote from the post:

ALL of this means that you are able to continue playing on Legacy, and once the tool is setup, we’ll provide you a method to take your Legacy profile as it currently stands at that point in time, and do a one time copy over that replaces your Play profile (we are unable to merge them into one single profile). There’s a few methods we’re looking for you to use to make this happen, and we’ll make sure to update you once we’ve finalized it.

This is completely opt-in, but is only a one time option.