Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pigboy

I want MORE!

Recommended Posts

Congrats CG on a successful DDA release.   It's how I imagined it would be.   But you've wet my appetite....you've created an addict....I am hungry, FOR MOAR.    DDA is a drug and I want my fix.

 

I want to know what's going to keep DDA replayable for those that beat Massacre HC and are asking -- what's the end-game?   What more is there to DDA?  What's going to be unique about DDA that will make those that love DD1 declare DDA as its spiritual successor? 

Based on the published CG DDA roadmap - all I can expect is console release with DLC1 the year.  That's like 4-6  more maps at the most??   Is there more?   

What's the roadmap to keep DDA from becoming stale, from old maps from becoming abandoned, from new content to have same progression as old maps and boring, etc?    I'm guessing 50% of DDA supporters have played DD1 -- so they are experienced with the end-game experience and know what it essential for it to be successful in DDA.  I would hope there is MORE to DDA end-game than what DD1 had -- such as more challenges, more play modes, more variations on existing maps, more variations on enemy traits, more active type play styles/modes that keep players at their keyboard rather than AFK.  And sure, different ways to AFK on maps -- like a map mode that lets you build fully upgraded towers  initially or towers that regenerate HP -- but perhaps enemies regenerate too.  

 

DD1 people love the experience of playing an old map for the first time all over again with a variation on the tower defense theme (such as changing difficulty, mode, character) -- DDA has given us that with graphics and a new difficulty and a new enemy, but nothing new outside of what DD1 gave - and in fact is missing some DD1 variations.  We want more ways to play the same maps over and over to unlock better loot, more achievements, new cosmetics, without the grind becoming stale. 

 

Of course we want more DD1 in DDA, but we also want DDA to be a re -imagined DD1 that adds more to the DD1 experience without compromising the DD1 special sauce.  I'm all for copying DD1 and putting it into DDA -- do that ASAP with all of DD1 and you'll roll in the mana bucks.   But, then add more to that with DDA besides just graphics and UI and QOL changes.   I want more ways to farm the same map that are more challenging, more ways to keep watching enemy spawns rather than AFKing with OP towers, limited time events, unique item collections. that I farm for in enemy spawn groups..etc.   I want to be able to play the Deeper Well 15 different ways and enjoy each way as if playing the map for the first time, again. Plenty of modes are possible, like a Deeper Well HC+ (if hero dies once he's out whole map/all waves)  Deeper Well Hardcore ++ ( towers and defense units cannot be rebuilt or used when tower is destroyed, and if hero dies he's out whole map/all waves), Deeper Well Hardcore Ultimate (Same as Hardcore ++ but crystal as 1 hp), Deeper Well Boss Rush,  Deeper Wells Assault Rush, Deeper Well Ogre Crush, Deeper Well Capture the Kobold, Deeper Well Moving Crystal, Deeper Well Hero Only/Tower only. Deeper Well AFK mode, Deeper Well Spawn Guard (no crystal, enemies spawn from where crystals were, and you have to guard door from where enemies usually spawn), Deeper Well Cosmic Event (a limited time even that impacts and changes all maps in the same way -- like a earthquake that makes cracks in the maps and changes spawn routes and map placements), Deeper Well Race (timed waves and beat the as fast as possible or under time limit), Deeper Well Monster Fest, etc.  There could be Map Randomizer where each wave is a different map or even a different part of a larger map (think 1/2 of the Glitter map).   Heck, why not have a PvP mode where I can play as a Dark Elf or Ogre against the other player heroes?    To be honest -- these are the types of additions that would make DDA better than DD1 -- and make it more replayable and add more value to DDA.   If there were only 5 maps to the whole game and we had these selection of awesome game modes -- there would be more replay-ability than adding 15 new maps and only the modes we have now in DDA. 

When you have the opportunity to take DD1 and turn the dial to 11 with DDA-- what should we expect other than 4-6 maps and console support?   

 What's the road-map to keep us going?   I'm afraid 4-6 maps by Xmas won't be much to celebrate.  Especially if all we have is Massacre HC mode for the end-game event on each map.

Please add MORE to DDA that makes the existing maps new again, that adds variation to the grinding, and please TELL US so the hype builds....please keep my addiction going.  Please CG!?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want more everything too. A new map every month, new characters every 3 or4 month,  more weapons, pets, boss, challenges and more achievements (like beat all the maps with aura and DPS only) and more trophies. And everything that pigboy said. And more time to play.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryzours said:

I want more everything too. A new map every month, new characters every 3 or4 month,  more weapons, pets, boss, challenges and more achievements (like beat all the maps with aura and DPS only) and more trophies. And everything that pigboy said. And more time to play.

Yes!   I know we'll see more loot and maps and characters -- but it's the variation in HOW we play that will keep DDA going.   Like I said, if I can play the first map of the game, Deeper Well, 15 different ways and each way makes the map new again, that will make DDA a success.  The loot will come from playing all these game modes/challenges.  We'll invest more time in DDA, and wish we had more time to invest in it.   Great loot and cosmetics and achievements are worthless if I have to play the same way on the same map 100 times to get the loot/cosmetics/achievements. Boring, and burned out fast.   But mix it up 15 different ways for each map?  If there are 10 maps, and 15 ways to play each -- that's 150 different "levels" .  Or if there are 15 different modes/challenges and 6 difficulty per mode/challenge per map -- that's like 900 different "levels"    So many ways to play -- which is the whole reason to get DDA in the first place.  

CG could have a "recommended item power/level" on the description of each mode to indicate difficulty -- or even indicate the range of item level drops for each mode to help with farming.   

CG would also have the challenge of making sure each mode on each map and each map's difficulty scales appropriately --- like Deeper Wells Monster Fest (where the monsters all chase hero, there is no crystal) should be much easier than The Summit Monster Fest. And item drops scale along with the difficulty (harder difficulty and mode = better loot).   But the result would be a beautifully crafted level/play-mode design that could be enjoyed for 1000s of hours.   I would pay $100 if DDA had all the DD1 maps and then some, plus all these types of game modes/challenges, and all the loot, cosmetics, and achievements to go with it.  If they announced it now (say 4 DLC packs with all these things promised) for like $80, I'd pre-order and pay more $$ for the Deluxe edition (which includes a Ogre on a unicycle Pet and some Tower/Aura cosmetics (think - rainbow monk auras, huntress traps replace explosion with fireworks, magic missile tower that shoots paint balls that cover enemies)).  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be against the idea of player-submitted challenges.  Allow users to restrict some settings like which spawns open, what heroes can be played, which enemy types spawn, what towers can be placed, or where towers can be built.

On top of those, there's always externally applied challenges that aren't forced by the game but you impose on yourself.  Think the Nuzlocke Challenge in Pokemon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Batophobia said:

I wouldn't be against the idea of player-submitted challenges.  Allow users to restrict some settings like which spawns open, what heroes can be played, which enemy types spawn, what towers can be placed, or where towers can be built.

On top of those, there's always externally applied challenges that aren't forced by the game but you impose on yourself.  Think the Nuzlocke Challenge in Pokemon.

That's a good idea Bat!   I know on my favorite TD on mobile - Bloons TD 6 - they have user submitted maps that you access by typing a code.   I think having player submitted challenges would be awesome!   Imagine a mod mode that allows you to check off different settings -- like removing enemy types, # of waves, HC, restricting heroes or traps, having a time limit, maybe even choosing core location.   Then you save the custom map and it generates a code that anyone can input on their game to access the custom map.  Fun!  Heck even like Mario Maker -- you could have a ranking system to rank maps so you know if the map is worth playing (and weeds out bad maps), maybe a "campaign" that lets you play several mod maps in a row to earn special loot.     

 

Yeah, self-imposed challenge modes that you check off in a box -- like HC or Mixed Mode - are what give DD replay-ability and keep us grinding.   That's why I'm hoping CG adds more of these modes that can be applied to all maps.  For example -- a HC, Moving Core,  No auras, Melee only modes applied all at once all on Deeper Well Massacre difficulty.   That would  make people really have to think and work hard to get through.  Which is what's fun about DD -- you plan your build based on the current map/mode/enemy type/etc.   Keep mixing up the different modes and let us combine the modes for more challenge!    

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, pigboy said:

Imagine a mod mode that allows you to check off different settings

Since there are already drop-spawns for spiders, it might be relatively simple to add the ability to make "Raining [ENEMY]" challenges as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Batophobia said:

Since there are already drop-spawns for spiders, it might be relatively simple to add the ability to make "Raining [ENEMY]" challenges as well.

YES YES!

 

Raining Kobolds, Raining Ogres...well, I guess they kinda already get rained from the copters.   How about goblins riding wyrvens (which makes the wyrvens fly around with more agility) while the wyrvens carry kobolds?  

I like the idea of being able to customize your map and mode however you want --  Play your Way.     If the ability to have a dozen or more different map modes able to be checked on and off is possible (like it is with HC and Mixed Mode, Survival, now), you can have as much fun crafting your map experiences as you do crafting your heroes and towers.   This just adds to the depth and replayability of DD.  Play your towers your way, play your hero your way, and play your map your way.   

I think it'd be nice to have a Phase-less mode - where waves keep coming without a build phase...once Wave 1 enemies are done spawning, Wave 2 starts immediately.   Or even have the option to hit G in this mode and start Wave 2 in the middle of Wave 2...or Wave 3...etc.  Could allow for some speed running.

I think a Uber HardCore mode  (Hero permadeath in the Map,  1 hp on Core) with a warping Core and random raining kobolds (happens randomly with warning) -- would be a fun challenge for the veteran player.   Anything that makes the player rethink how to approach at map that they may have played 100 times before....keeps us on our toes :) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pigboy said:

YES YES!

 

Raining Kobolds, Raining Ogres...well, I guess they kinda already get rained from the copters.   How about goblins riding wyrvens (which makes the wyrvens fly around with more agility) while the wyrvens carry kobolds?  

I like the idea of being able to customize your map and mode however you want --  Play your Way.     If the ability to have a dozen or more different map modes able to be checked on and off is possible (like it is with HC and Mixed Mode, Survival, now), you can have as much fun crafting your map experiences as you do crafting your heroes and towers.   This just adds to the depth and replayability of DD.  Play your towers your way, play your hero your way, and play your map your way.   

I think it'd be nice to have a Phase-less mode - where waves keep coming without a build phase...once Wave 1 enemies are done spawning, Wave 2 starts immediately.   Or even have the option to hit G in this mode and start Wave 2 in the middle of Wave 2...or Wave 3...etc.  Could allow for some speed running.

I think a Uber HardCore mode  (Hero permadeath in the Map,  1 hp on Core) with a warping Core and random raining kobolds (happens randomly with warning) -- would be a fun challenge for the veteran player.   Anything that makes the player rethink how to approach at map that they may have played 100 times before....keeps us on our toes :) 

 

Love this +100000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 4:49 PM, pigboy said:

Yes!   I know we'll see more loot and maps and characters -- but it's the variation in HOW we play that will keep DDA going.   Like I said, if I can play the first map of the game, Deeper Well, 15 different ways and each way makes the map new again, that will make DDA a success.  The loot will come from playing all these game modes/challenges.  We'll invest more time in DDA, and wish we had more time to invest in it.   Great loot and cosmetics and achievements are worthless if I have to play the same way on the same map 100 times to get the loot/cosmetics/achievements. Boring, and burned out fast.   But mix it up 15 different ways for each map?  If there are 10 maps, and 15 ways to play each -- that's 150 different "levels" .  Or if there are 15 different modes/challenges and 6 difficulty per mode/challenge per map -- that's like 900 different "levels"    So many ways to play -- which is the whole reason to get DDA in the first place.  

CG could have a "recommended item power/level" on the description of each mode to indicate difficulty -- or even indicate the range of item level drops for each mode to help with farming.   

CG would also have the challenge of making sure each mode on each map and each map's difficulty scales appropriately --- like Deeper Wells Monster Fest (where the monsters all chase hero, there is no crystal) should be much easier than The Summit Monster Fest. And item drops scale along with the difficulty (harder difficulty and mode = better loot).   But the result would be a beautifully crafted level/play-mode design that could be enjoyed for 1000s of hours.   I would pay $100 if DDA had all the DD1 maps and then some, plus all these types of game modes/challenges, and all the loot, cosmetics, and achievements to go with it.  If they announced it now (say 4 DLC packs with all these things promised) for like $80, I'd pre-order and pay more $$ for the Deluxe edition (which includes a Ogre on a unicycle Pet and some Tower/Aura cosmetics (think - rainbow monk auras, huntress traps replace explosion with fireworks, magic missile tower that shoots paint balls that cover enemies)).  

 

 

 

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pigboy said:

Uber HardCore mode 

I propose the following for Über-core:

- Any hero that dies does not come back for the remainder of the map
- Towers do not replenish DU if they go down or are sold
- Crystal has 1 HP and can be targeted by all mob types
- All mobs have an elemental immunity
- After 1st combat phase, there are no more build phases.  When combat phase ends, next one immediately begins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the hardcore ++ idea, I think if they did something like that in pure strategy mode and make the gear that drops comparable to normal survival, it could be a nice break from the hecticness of massacre mode. The modes would compliment each other, if you want to dps and run around kill 50 djins, ogres and goblin coptors at once you would go to regular survival, but if you wanted something more strategic and laid back you would go to pure strategy+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...