interval

Thank you chromatic

Thank you chromatic

I sincerely think DDA if a fun game to play it looks nice the mechanics are nice, controller support sucks but I know you guys are working on that. I am glad you guy/girls put in some true effort to make this game happen as of current I have 343 fun filled hours put into the game I know that’s nothing compared to others and I wish some of them would speak up and show some gratitude for your work, I know there was a shit storm when they felt they were done wrong so maybe its time the DD community grew up a little and give constructive criticism. Instead so I will start in the form of some questions.

1 – I seem to remember the devs saying that DDA would have a mix of dd1 maps and DD2 maps was that just a dream I had and if not, what happened? Will that come latter or was there just not enough time?

2 – Also the devs said there would be new bosses, again will this come later? Or was it dropped.

3 – interface stats on gears should be laid out in 2 columns like they was pre 1.0 as they was way easier to read at glance.

I think that all I have right now at least

• Like 2

3 - Yes the stats display needs work, I don't want back like in EA tho!

They should've tried different iterations during EA but that time has passed, so I kinda wanna see every stat in a static location and then list it as 0 or omit the text (but preserve the positions) so at a glance I can see what I'm looking at because at the moment the comparison is a joke.

DD1 had small icons for each stat, not sure we need to go back to that (prob with the size of the switch screen they avoided doing this).

If only they weren't so focused on the silly Tool atm.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, interval said:

1 – I seem to remember the devs saying that DDA would have a mix of dd1 maps and DD2 maps was that just a dream I had and if not, what happened? Will that come latter or was there just not enough time?

2 – Also the devs said there would be new bosses, again will this come later? Or was it dropped.

1: Please god NOOOOOOO, enough with dd2.
New stuff period.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, interval said:

I remember the devs were saying on one stream when they were referring to DD2 maps were that whereas most of DD1 maps were symmetrical and boxy, a lot of DD2 original maps are quite asymmetrical due to natural formation, like Nimbus Reach, Temple of the Necrotic or Drakenfrost Resort. What this means is that CG wants to bring in more asymmetrical map style that DD2 has to DDA which maps like Tornado Valley or Tornado Highlands for example are the start of it. 

Though on whether CG wants to bring in actual maps from the Kingdom of Dragonfall or DD2 map remakes, that I have no idea.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I remember the devs were saying on one stream when they were referring to DD2 maps were that whereas most of DD1 maps were symmetrical and boxy, a lot of DD2 original maps are quite asymmetrical due to natural formation, like Nimbus Reach, Temple of the Necrotic or Drakenfrost Resort. What this means is that CG wants to bring in more asymmetrical map style that DD2 has to DDA which maps like Tornado Valley or Tornado Highlands for example are the start of it. 

Though on whether CG wants to bring in actual maps from the Kingdom of Dragonfall or DD2 map remakes, that I have no idea.

Maybe that's what I remember but I don't know it was to long ago

2 hours ago, metalpower said:

1: Please god NOOOOOOO, enough with dd2.
New stuff period.

DD2 had some good maps in it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 - I hope to see nearly all the DD1 maps -- and even some CDT DD1 maps!    So much great content to update/remaster that will add tremendous value to DDA.  If they could make 6-8 player maps work -- that'd be awesome too!    Just release these maps as a DLC in a few phases, like DD1 with the Shards DLC.  Easy money!  

2 - I would love to see more bosses -- and have bosses show up in maps that were not boss maps (think Deeper Well in Massacre with a Boss!)  Or a Boss Rush mode like in DD1.  Loved the Ogre Crush in the Castle Armory map in DD1.  Imagine that in Massacre HC or with a Boss included!   

I would love to see Oversized enemies that act like mini-bosses (like Ogres now) -- like a Giant Sharken or Giant Spiders or Giant Orc).    And have new cosmetics added to enemies to add different enemy traits -- like goblins with different hats or vests that give new abilities, an Ogre with a Pet that shoots goblins, a Sharken that rides a surfboard over Monk Auras to avoid aura effects, a Djinn that carry a bag indicating they pick up your mana from the ground, instead of you!  Or a special Kobold with a Golden Sack on its back that you have to kill before it explodes and it rewards special LOOT!  A LOOT KOBOLD!  DO THIS NOW!   So much potential to make the game more strategic and keep repeatability very high and still keep it in the spirit of DD1.

3 - I would MUCH rather see Stats represented graphically vs textually.  This works well for DD1 for all the stats, after you learned each symbol.   The tiny stat text is annoying and makes that game seem more like a 4x Civ game, which is counter to the style of DDA.   Use the stat Icons in DD1 and put the numbers next to the Icons.  Make a sub menu for detailed text based stats when someone wants to stop the game and read it all.   Theory crafting is a great part of DD, but it should be made to be as efficient as possible when looking quickly at item stats. 

3 hours ago, interval said:

DD2 had some good maps in it

Let DD2 where it is.
Let the devs show us what they can do to surprise us with some new feature/content.

So far nothing good.
Don't confort them in just recycling stuff and make us pay for it...

22 hours ago, metalpower said:

Please god NOOOOOOO, enough with dd2

DD2 has some functionality I wouldn't mind coming over.  For example, the sub-cores that open new lanes if they go down.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:31 PM, interval said:

3 – interface stats on gears should be laid out in 2 columns like they was pre 1.0 as they was way easier to read at glance.

As for your other questions I don't have answers for those at this time unfortunately, but for this question we are already looking into displaying the stats in a more readable fashion.  

• Like 3