theProdigy

My biggest issue with the game overall...

My biggest issue is that there are no anti air towers or any towers that are specific for taking out Copters/Djins/Birds

Late waves of survival feel like an unorganized mess because your ONLY tower that can do anything about the goblin copters are the DST towers. You can make an entire row of DST towers, but they will get distracted by the hundreds of spiders running around on the ground. You can't really build anything that can focus on the spiders either because you have to use every last bit of DU you have left on the DST's in hopes that they will occasionally shoot the targets you want them to shoot. 

If adding an anti-air tower is out of the question, then maybe giving us a way to CHOOSE target priority for certain towers would be a good alternative. I am getting demotivated to keep playing this game because there isn't a solid solution vs Copters that do NOT get distracted by other units. There just needs to be a proper solution.

(I can complete maps solo up to Promenade Hardcore Survival wave 25. However, it is even annoying to deal on that map now despite it being relatively easy to complete now. It is also annoying that I can't really target the 20 ogres that are infinitely swinging at the crystals until all of the spiders and other units on the map are dead.)

The thing that makes dst the only option is they do such a large amount of damage that anything else takes entirely to long to kill copters/ ogres.  This means a tower apprentice is 100% necessary 

I'd love to see a nm build on survival that didnt rely on dst to complete.

Honestly, even though I definitely didn't enjoy DD2 as much as DD1, I LOVED the monks sky guard tower. I agree and would love to see something similar honestly!

Majority of the time, Copters can be dealt with by numerous things. Gas Trap, Ensnare and DST are one of the few. If your stats are high enough, being an Active DPS helps too for target practicing on those Copters since you don't get affected by the flares. 

I've seen players finishing NMHC Summit with just 4, just four DST, and doesn't run that much into problem.

It might be good to check your layouts and act accordingly. 

Also, if you get 20 ogres smashing your crystals in NMHC Prom, then there really is an issue. Lastly, Ogres coming from Copters don't damage your Crystal anyways, so that's something to work with.

For me dumping the monk's enrage aura for the sky guard from DD2, and potentially dumping the inferno trap for the DD2 PDT for the huntress would be great.

That and give the poor squire harpoons a needed buff  in DD1 they ripped goblin copters  and ogres apart.

• Like 1

Harpoons scale better than Flameburst in the late game. Enrage Aura has it's uses, the Healing Aura imo is the useless one.

I absolutely agree that we need some form of dedicated anti air in DDA, hopefully the Riftwalker hero will have some when he is released. 

On 6/4/2020 at 1:50 AM, Fozzie said:

For me dumping the monk's enrage aura for the sky guard from DD2, and potentially dumping the inferno trap for the DD2 PDT for the huntress would be great.

That and give the poor squire harpoons a needed buff  in DD1 they ripped goblin copters  and ogres apart.

You'll be begging for the enrage aura when you hit massacre 🤣

On 6/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, drchrisms said:

Harpoons scale better than Flameburst in the late game. Enrage Aura has it's uses, the Healing Aura imo is the useless one.

Facts, healing aura is the only useless aura the monk has. And harpoons aren’t bad late game.

On 6/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, vosh said:

The thing that makes dst the only option is they do such a large amount of damage that anything else takes entirely to long to kill copters/ ogres.  This means a tower apprentice is 100% necessary 

I'd love to see a nm build on survival that didnt rely on dst to complete.

You dont need to build DSTs on NM HC, you can take the same builds like in massacre. Only Traps, Auras and some DPS.

But if you are just taking the easiest way, then you use the DSTS in NM