CC_Life

[POLL] DDA sucks? Chromatic is heading in the wrong direction and should put effort back into DD2?

[POLL] DDA sucks? Chromatic is heading in the wrong direction and should put effort back into DD2?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] DDA sucks? Chromatic is heading in the wrong direction and should put effort back into DD2?

• Y
    • N

• Confused 1

While I somewhat agree that CG shouldnt be putting all their effort into one game alone and letting it decide the fate of both games, I dont think this is the right way to go about things. There is already a rift between our communities and I dont think making it larger will help, even if it is to serve the purpose of getting DD2 attention.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

To drop investment in their new game, not fulfil contracts, and lose the learning they’re gaining from using an updated engine and reinvest in an old game that has no real development future left beyond bug fixes doesn’t make any sense.

Edited by Little Magic Hat
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

As much resentment I still have for DDA, I'm willing to wait for CG have it on it's feet before going back to DD2. For them to move away from DDA to go back to work on DD2 is the same thing as them moving away from DD2 just to start DDA. That has definitely sucked for the DD2 community which will then happen again for the DDA community if they did the same thing again.

Of course, the best of both worlds would be to have CG work both games to bring out their "regular scheduled" updates rather than having one or the either getting stagnant. But that's probably only in a perfect world, unfortunately.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

I really wish the Kickstarter would have been for a DD3... But, as a PS player who never got the full DD1 experience, i am hoping that DDA will be a chance to explore all the stuff on DD1 we never saw on PS3. I love DD2 though. Be hard to go backwards on cool flair, instant change heroes, and so many build options. Be glad to see Cyborks and HexT go away. God i hope there is no reset system or level cap raises. Be nice if TE catered a looting game to collectors, because they have yet to get that part figured out  fully yet. Communication has consistently been a weak point for this company. With a little more warning, the community would be far less critical about changes, delays, or issues. Things were better a few years ago and when Lawlta was actively managing the forums. Not been impressed since TE took over, as the forums are dead and communication seems disappointingly low. Something easily fixable though, with a little effort. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

On 6/2/2020 at 8:37 PM, Little Magic Hat said:

To drop investment in their new game, not fulfil contracts, and lose the learning they’re gaining from using an updated engine and reinvest in an old game that has no real development future left beyond bug fixes doesn’t make any sense.

DDA doesn't make sense. Period.

They should have made DD3 instead. 

I'm not saying they should prioritize DD2. Heck, I'd be happy if htey just added offline mode to DD2 and pulled the plug on it. I'd be perfectly happy with that. I want to be able to keep playing DD2 for the foreseeable future, same way I got to keep playing DD1 (which incidentally is a far better experience than playing DDA frankly).

But making DDA was a mistake. We told them that a year ago, but they still went ahead with this shameless cash grab.

4 hours ago, Mochan555 said:

DDA doesn't make sense. Period.

They should have made DD3 instead. 

But making DDA was a mistake. We told them that a year ago, but they still went ahead with this shameless cash grab.

1) I agree since the premise was that it was meant to cover the story between dd1 and dd2. Yet it seems to be entirely dd1 on a new engine with updated map graphics and UI.

2) Given how they’ve done with DDA I’m glad they didn’t jump into DD3. I hope they’ve learned a lot from how not to do things before they plan dd3.

3) I think cash grab might be a bit strong. I don’t think they had the right plans in place and ended up making promises they couldn’t fulfil, from delayed development schedule to the switch scandal (also I’m pretty sure they said they were building with it in mind yet controller support is horrendous) to the release cost change.

All of that said, I want them to do better and succeed since I’ve enjoyed Dd2 for the most part.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

1) I agree since the premise was that it was meant to cover the story between dd1 and dd2. Yet it seems to be entirely dd1 on a new engine with updated map graphics and UI.

Actually, the premise is much weirder than that. Based on the intro cutscene introduced in early access (not sure whether that was changed when 1.0 was released), DDA happened right after the Drakenfrost update and I literally meant that story-wise.

The heroes were defending in Drakenfrost Keep when a mysterious portal manipulated by a mysterious villain swallowed them whole which brings the heroes back in time all the way to the start of DD1. (Oh, and they got shrunk back into kids too.) However, said world was (kinda) changed due to manipulation in time and the heroes must relive DD1 again to find out what the heck is going on.

I can probably guess / definitely tell that this premise is designed to fuel the nostalgia of DD1 players.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

I liked the early DD2 not the thing they have made out of it. DDA is the right step to get Both Communities together and Learn from the Mistakes and the Sell from Trendy Ent and rebuy to get CG. So they made new decissions and want back to the roots not for Moneygrab F2P Game. Im fine with DDA its so much fun right now and i hope they will do nice work in the future too. TBH i think the Problem ATM with DD2 Updates is the small Dev amount.

And this is why I said this was the wrong way to do it. So much of the responses are negative with little to no positivity. People respond negatively to negativity, as we have seen, and the Devs are people too so why would this persuade them to listen and want to come back to DD2 and give you anything?

Considering it is doubtful this will turn constructive, I recommend you remove this thread so it doesnt get more negative.

• Like 1

People that like DD2 calling DDA a cash grab is kind of the pot calling the kettle black now isn't it? DD:E was a cash grab, DD2 was trendy hopping on the microtransation-meta train.

DDA will actually be the first game that has the potential to be an actual sequal to DD1. Eventho it has a lot of old content in the game right now, Its a version that is improving in QoL and has a lot of potential. Lets just hope it will live up to it.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:06 PM, MrVecetti said:

People that like DD2 calling DDA a cash grab is kind of the pot calling the kettle black now isn't it? DD:E was a cash grab, DD2 was trendy hopping on the microtransation-meta train.

DDA will actually be the first game that has the potential to be an actual sequal to DD1. Eventho it has a lot of old content in the game right now, Its a version that is improving in QoL and has a lot of potential. Lets just hope it will live up to it.

A sequel is by definition something that comes after the first game. Not the exact same thing as the first game with a few changes and graphical facelift.

DD2 is the actual sequel to DD1. It was a questionable sequel that did lots of stupid things -- in particular the freemium cashgrab nonsense that hobbled its game design forcing insane amounts of grind to keep you on the hamsterwheel and the copious abuse of limited inventory space so you keep getting tempted to spend money on the game. 

Chromatic is trying to wash away the freemium taste of DD2 with DDA but it's really worse than DD2 was. At least with DD2 we saw some actual progress. DDA is just the same old game we had 10 years ago, with less content. If anything, the game regressed from DD1. 

DDA is a worse cash grab than DD2 by far. Two wrongs dont' make a right, but let's make it clear that DDA is wrong, and a far greater evil than DD2 was. 

Well, to be fair - all games are cash grabs. Games need to make money if you want them to continue to exist. They tried 2 different approaches with both games for revenue, and dd2 is much in alignment wirh industry standards for ,micro transactions that were prevalent when it was introduced. In the end, it was a free game tbh,.. That was pretty generous. I would have paid AAA prices for any DD title. 

While i wish for DD3, I'd rather have DDA than nothing. I have yet to play it, and have a while to wait, but I'll reserve judgment for after i put in at least 100 hrs into before declaring it good or bad. I am still very hopeful. 

• Like 1