Church_On_A_Hill

Greyed out multiplayer lobbies

This may have been answered on here, but I can't find it. When I try to join multiplayer games, there are always several lobbies listed that are greyed out and unselectable. Is there a reason for this?

1. Can't join the map yet because you haven't unlocked them. Difficulty/Level Requirement.

2. Way past the wave where you are allowed to join?

3. Room is full even though it shows that it isn't due to delay?

I'm leaning towards #1.

• Like 1

I have the same issue, to me it appears for anything that is not campaign.
Yesterday I couldn't join any survival match at all, all of them were greyed out even if I did the campaign for them matching the difficulty.

Today 2 survival matches were not greyed out but others with the same level, wave, difficulty and amount of players were greyed out.

https://gyazo.com/787f130b346fca003048fa73a2b329f0

https://gyazo.com/8ba7a3c643c8bcbcc44dfa9aaa579867

In this show case the greyed out maps are indeed on a wave higher than 1 but even ones that were at wave 1 were still greyed out for me.

I'm not sure what's causing this. If I am indeed not able to join it would atleast be nice if the game could say why not.

I found out the confusion is coming from hardcore and non hardcore. I completed most of my survivals on on hardcore, which locks me out of  playing non hardcore survival games as I haven't completed them. Quite annoying really and pretty stupid. They need to fix. 

• Thanks 2

Didn't even know that there's a distinction between Hardcore and non-Hardcore clears. we need some clarification on this one.

14 hours ago, PNM86 said:

I found out the confusion is coming from hardcore and non hardcore

Hardcore mode shouldn't be relevant in this situation. The only requirement for joining a public game is that you are able to host that yourself, Ex: Being able to create a Campaign Summit On Nightmare or Survival Ancient Mines at wave 1, when the public game is past wave 1 you are required to have beaten the wave they are on. So if they are on build phase of wave 15 you need to have completed Wave 15 Combat phase in order to join that public game.

Essentially comes down to this. Can you host a game of that Gamemode, Map, Difficulty and Starting Wave (Surivival, Mix Mode, Pure Strat), if so then you can join the public game otherwise it disables selection, as you don't have the requirements.

If this is not the case send me a picture of the public game entry and then showing me a screenshot of your Gamemode Difficulty and Map completion, and starting wave # (On the Create Session Screen)

• Thanks 5

I don't seem to be having this issue anymore. I was more than likely wrong. Sorry for the added confusion. 

Posted (edited)

i have the same issue, most of them are great out i def. should be able to join but nope. perfect example is first map that's greyed out and I could play this map.

and another thing taking into consideration i don't get why 4/4 lobbies are ungreyed, you can't join them anyway and this greyed out 1/4 map i could have played. This cuts off alot of grinding opportunities

20200617204206_1.thumb.jpg.72605cb3943ceb9a47206a2cc243ad12.jpg

20200617204843_1.thumb.jpg.9f6d983b63c6d386567ae2a918df036f.jpg

Edited by Cheesusplays

Could it be that someone is in the process of joining that game already? I've been having some long wait times getting into games recently. I had to wait to join a game for over 5 minutes till the current wave in progress is ended. I can hear the wave being played while waiting. sometimes i swear I've had to wait multiple waves or till the end of the match before i get the "press any button to join" message

I had the maps that I had completed BEFORE the legacy transfer greyed out. I cleared them again starting from wave 24 and they unlocked.

Now, if you could make it so I can join any map of inferior difficulty to something I have already cleared, that'd be great.

14 hours ago, interval said:

Can you make it so that we can sort games by map/ difficulty/ game type?

This is something we want to do in the future and was part of the original design but didn't make it in due to time concerns, but at some point I want to go back in and add it in.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, Cheesusplays said:

perfect example is first map that's greyed out and I could play this map.

As for that example, I'm not entirely sure what happened there. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find the issue, I'm guessing of the top of my head that it's taking the locked status of another entry if you scroll or something.

• Like 1