Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

So what are your thoughts about the one time legacy transfer solution to play

Here’s the official statement if you missed it.

Legacy Progression Heroes

We hear you loud and clear on wanting to play with everyone all in one area, so we’re already hard at work to make this the reality with every Defender in mind. As of this post, we’re creating a tool on our end that will allow us to bring your Legacy heroes over to the non-Legacy “Play” version. It’s not a very simple feat to accomplish, it’s not just a copy and paste system, but copy, bring up to date, and paste, where the updating adds quite a lot of complications. This is what we’re working towards copying over:

• Hero and Hero Levels
  • Gold up to a cap
  • Campaign and progression in general.
  • Gear, at the very least ATTEMPT to bring it over.

We’re very confident on the first two, but when it comes to gear it’s not as straightforward. We don’t want to promise that it’ll be brought over, but we are currently building out and testing tools on our end. Our current goal is to have this out by the end of next week. If it comes out sooner than that, or later than that, we’ll keep you posted as we find out.

ALL of this means that you are able to continue playing on Legacy, and once the tool is setup, we’ll provide you a method to take your Legacy profile as it currently stands at that point in time, and do a one time copy over that replaces your Play profile (we are unable to merge them into one single profile). There’s a few methods we’re looking for you to use to make this happen, and we’ll make sure to update you once we’ve finalized it.

This is completely opt-in, but is only a one time option.

I think that’s a great compromise and they should have done this from the beginning. 

Now it’s going to be interesting to see how much Chromatic actually achieve from this goal. If the first 2 options are met that’s pretty good, because grinding your level in this game at least in Nightmare was extremely boring. It will be interesting to see how much the gold cap would actually be, because upgrading any of your gear is quite expense and I can only imagine how bad it is in Massacre;

Losing campaign progress again isn’t a huge deal if you have high level characters already,  your stats will help you progress quite nicely. So at best a minor annoyance.

Finally the real sore spot losing your current gear. Yes we all spent time and resources farming up some nice gear and this one will be interesting. Hopefully we get some more clarification on if they can achieve this, because it puts the player in a difficult situation. Now do they play the game now and refarm the gear they once had which can be achieved faster then this intended solution or do they wait a week or 2 and progress in legacy with no guarantee they will keep what they farmed.

Personally I’m thinking it may be worth to cut my losses and just regain what I lost,  but with how bad the grind is of leveling up a character to 100 and maybe beyond for Massacre is a huge pain in the ass. That alone may be worth the wait, because my idea of end game isn’t running NM Survival over and over for the best experience. Since as far as I know Massacre campaign experience won’t compare to that.

So I’m interested to see people’s opinions on this one. 

Which choice do you guys prefer?

• Like 1

I've already gotten to 65 on all 4 classes.  With another hour I'll be 70. Start from wave makes the grinding 1000x easier. If they mean end of next week being like the 5th I may or may not be close to back to my original characters.

I also didnt put a huge amount of time into nightmare mode because I knew massacre would be a gear reset (assuming we had survival). 

I also am actually kinda ready for the challenge of breaking into nightmare again and progressing through that.

• Like 2

I start thinking about returning to my old chars even if I am already 73lvl + on 'Play mode' and NM mostly unlocked.

The gold farmed during last 2 months would be nice to have, it all depend when the transfer will be possible. If not earlier than 2 weeks, then I see no reason to return to old char (spent only 120 hours in EA)

Anyway I am in positive attitude because people who spent 500h+ will definitely be happy from this fact and will be playing again ( I missing some players from EA that stop playing this game because of launch missing features and this situation with accounts )

I would rather keep my progress in play mode and have the option of creating level 100 characters.  Most of my time was spent getting the characters to 100. 

I think it is a good move. I understand they dont have the tools ready to do so now. For me that means that I wont play DDA until the tool is ready. 

Posted (edited)

I had moved on from my EA progress with 700 ish hours (not sure since steam doesnt split my beta play time). I am quite conflicted with the whole thing avoiding the level grind would be nice, but i dont really care about the rest. Then again having my lvl 100's back with maps unlocked etc still feels sort of cheap when it would allow me to skip some portion of progression. If this option was presented to us before launch perhaps I would of taken it up, but right now i feel it would spoil my fresh playthrough and current experience I am having. It is also difficult to those who want to wait it out to see what exactly will be transferred over as that isnt clear. What is best to do in the meantime? Play on legacy and try to replace as many items as possible to get the best chance of keeping everything? Play on legacy and progress to massacre where when it transfers there wont be any new content left for quite some time? Just leave your Legacy profile where it is in the hope you will have everything from EA other than perhaps less gold then carry on? It is a difficult choice.  I just implore that players accept whatever happens and try as best as they can to move forward positively and just enjoy the game.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

A reasonable solution.  The time sink for most players falls into two categories, leveling the characters and grinding the gold to upgrade gear.  Giving people their characters seems like it should be trivial.  Giving people their gold is fairly meaningless to me as the gold I have on hand is a paltry sum compared to the amount I have sunk into the gear my characters are wearing.  Though I understand some people spent extra time amassing a horde and that would be important to them. 

I understand that porting gear over is the highest burden technically.  I would love for them to consider transferring the gold value of the gear people are wearing (i.e. the amount that was spent upgrading it).  That would make me whole.  I understand that I'm unlikely to get it though and will settle for my leveled characters.

In any case, I won't be playing until the fix is implemented.  No point in slogging through massacre for upgrades when I have no idea if I will be able to keep that gear or even if spending gold on that gear will leave me in a worse place (if they port gold over but not gear then I would have thrown gold away upgrading stuff).

The way I would like to see it done, if transfering gear is impossible, is I would like to see the gold I invested in upgrades refunded and transfered in addition to the capped gold. 

I just hope the cap is in the range of 50-100billion and not something like 3-4 billion.

• Like 1

So we'll lose everything we currently have, including key-code unlocks? I have two pets via redeemed codes. If I have to choose between losing items I paid for (as a backer) and everything I had prior to release, well that is not an ideal situation.

just give us player and gold in play mode and keep the play mode hero and progress we have now.

the gear is just broken 300 + ups and nuw its 160 ups 

• Confused 1

They should have said everything would be reset with retail release.

When trading finally came into the game in DD2, the economy was trashed by all the legacy gold that was in the game.

The offer to transfer your chars to play from legacy is an OPTION, so if you dont like it and want to start afresh you can do so. The rest of us can copy and get on with it :) I think it is the best solution given the circumstance.