Sign in to follow this  
CaptBoxershorts

Nerf needed asap

Squire needs a nerf?   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Squire towers get a nerf

• Yes
    • NO

Hello defenders, i wonder who remembers me? 

Anyways.... Playing as squire on medium difficulty and its like im playing on super easy. I basically can let the game sit there and the harpoons just kill everything with one hit. Nerf is definitely needed. 

• Confused 1

Get to Nightmare/Massacre first. If there'd be a tower that would necessitate a downgrade, it would be the Deadly Striker Towers of Apprentices shooting half the map as it's range and pierces through walls. If any, Squire towers needs some buff/changes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, drchrisms said:

Get to Nightmare/Massacre first. If there'd be a tower that would necessitate a downgrade, it would be the Deadly Striker Towers of Apprentices shooting half the map as it's range and pierces through walls. If any, Squire towers needs some buff/changes.

I haven't gotten that far in the game tbh, just giving my first impressions. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CaptBoxershorts said:

I haven't gotten that far in the game tbh, just giving my first impressions. 

Yeah, would probably change.... and when you do get to that part, you'd prolly relegate the Squire as mainly your Waller, nothing else, until you make a 2nd Squire as a harpoonist.

Harpoons do scale better than Flame on higher stat ceilings though so.. :)

Edited by drchrisms
Harpoons are OP
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I disagree with the first post in the thread, from my experience, squire is curently the weaker character. The first campaign on medium is a bit too easy for veteran defenders, as it's intended for new players. All the characters will kinda seem OP. Veteran players should play at least on hard.

Edited by Ryzours

5 minutes ago, Ryzours said:

I disagree with the first post in the thread, from my experience, squire is curently the weaker character. The first campaign on medium is a bit too easy for veteran defenders, as it's intended for new players. All the characters will kinda seem OP. Veteran players should play at least on hard.

Veteran players should play on Deeper Well Medium > Deeper Well Hard then Deeper Well Insane... then progress from there. :)

i remember DD1 when poons would fire so fast it looked like 1 continous line. I am not at that stage yet so no nerf needed ;) Alsooo.. hi mr captain! Veterans reunited op :p

Harpoons actually become really bad in later modes. All the squire really brings is his spike wall. Lightning tower (probably closest comparison) I believe (not at the computer) is 1 more du can kill in any shape and not just a line but is effectively a channeled line attack like the harpoon.  It does this all while pumping out more single target dps then the harpoon. 

Bowling ball is clunky at best. Yes it's fun and I played around with them on medium campaign because after that you cant.

Slice and dice laughs at your du.

Bouncer blockade- better spike wall if you have that 1 extra du however I dont know on its agro range.

If there is a single tower needing a nerf it would be DST but then ogres health would probably need to be brought in line that other towers can effectively dps them down.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the feedback! I probably have a few hours in the game so this was my initial feedback.. I was under the assumption that easy would be for newbies and med would be a good start for someone who has played the game before! Keep in mind you have to beat the game on medium before you can play hard. Its just unchallenged and boring the play through the whole thing on medium for a few hours. 

My whole post was just my first impressions of the game. Not end game content

Edited by CaptBoxershorts

28 minutes ago, CaptBoxershorts said:

Thanks for all the feedback! I probably have a few hours in the game so this was my initial feedback.. I was under the assumption that easy would be for newbies and med would be a good start for someone who has played the game before! Keep in mind you have to beat the game on medium before you can play hard. Its just unchallenged and boring the play through the whole thing on medium for a few hours. 

My whole post was just my first impressions of the game. Not end game content

You can probably magic missile your way through the lower difficulties, balance related posts should be more for end-game type discussions.

1 hour ago, CaptBoxershorts said:

Keep in mind you have to beat the game on medium before you can play hard.

No, Deeper well medium unlocks deeper well hard, and deeper well hard unlocks deeper well insane and ancient mine hard. You can choose your difficulty.

Like what Ryzours said, you can do that until Insane. I did it to give me that sense of challenge. Did Medium Deeper Well that unlocked Hard Deeper Well, did that to unlock Deeper Well in Insane, then played on that instead. Had to level a bit and stuff but it was well worth it. Also you need to finish Insane anyways to get to unlock Nightmare Ancient Mines for MistaMine pet, AlcheLab for Copter and Summit Nightmare too for the Gemstone pets that are all needed, but not mandatory, for end-game content. Genie from Ramparts is also nice to have for unlimited Mana for abilities.

Hey, Cap!  I remember you as well, though in my heyday I was on Xbox.  Good to have you back!

I'd probably remmeber you too if you ever said hi! ............ No but anyway it's the same till NM you'll see, even insane is a breeze, it's not like DD1 vanilla. 

6 hours ago, Vim said:

You can probably magic missile your way through the lower difficulties, balance related posts should be more for end-game type discussions.

Balance throughout the whole game is very important to any video game, its not all about end game content. 

Especially in the developers eyes, if they ever do a free to play weekend gamers who have never played the game before will easily get bored and not end up playing the game. 

4 hours ago, Gashen-Sai said:

I'd probably remmeber you too if you ever said hi! ............ No but anyway it's the same till NM you'll see, even insane is a breeze, it's not like DD1 vanilla. 

Whhhattts UPPP!

5 hours ago, Damocles said:

Hey, Cap!  I remember you as well, though in my heyday I was on Xbox.  Good to have you back!

Cant wait for console to come out! Nothing is better the chillin on the couch playing some DD