Sign in to follow this  
rpgZeus

Couple questions and concerns

Hey guys, hope everyones safe and having a good day.

• SOOOO, I purchased the game as soon as it was released for early access, played for about 20-25 hours and was pretty into it but didnt go too crazy with it because I felt like I would wait for the full version when the game has ALL the maps, bosses, etc I been looking forward too and when more of my friends would buy it. GLAD I DIDN'T but not glad I bought the game early access because WHAT THE HELL is up with the game being $30 bucks minus 15% discount all of a sudden? Really? Chromatic Games is this how you thank your loyal fans of the series? It's alright, I hope this brings more sales for you guys so you put more effort into it. The game is defintely closer to a $25 dollar game than a $40 dollar game, FOR SURE.
  • Anyways, I am not here to complain or ask for a refund at all I AM IN IT FOR THE LONG HALL, BUT it seems like many of you on here are upset with the wipe and this weird legacy option, I read the admins response and well, doesn't seem to fair to the guys who busted their tale ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE TOLD IT WAS GOING TO PASS ON TO THE FULL VERSION. I am SOO GLAD I didn't no life the game. OH WELL, this gives you more stuff to do defenders. Lastly, I am upset that the split screen option is STILL not out (including the fact it was promised), I read the devs response on someone elses thread that they are "still working on it" wow how long does it take to code a split screen option?? Im not a coder but doesn't seem like it can be too bad. Another thing, the lack of new enemies is insane, why not add some new stuff the goblins look the same, the archers, etc... would be nice to add a couple enemies that come later in the waves or even replace some of the existing ones. BOSSES is another thing that was barely changed but I havent played the full version entirely so I can't complain of that too much but I have seen other people mention it. Lastly adding more features and improving some stuff (like that laggy chat) that resemble other online games and making it more like a MMORPG would be awesome, I miss the zoom out option, voice chat(haven't tried it), etc.

OK! NOW for my questions,

• When holidays come around; do you guys believe that there will be DLCs where there are holiday themed maps, pets, weapons, music, etc? I loved that about the original DD. LOVED IT, it made the game so exciting and it always made me look forward to the holidays even more especially like Valentines Day when you're a single dude. Secoond question, why cant they add more stuff to the tavern like decorations (achievement trophies like DD1), host shops, mini activities in the tavern, etc??? I can say thank you for the blacksmith that is very cool and if more stuff like this were added to the tavern it would be awesome. 
  • Please hurry up and add the split screen option, as it was promised in the BACKER section of bullet points and I feel bad for people who bought it to play with other loved ones.
  • Why didn't they add more new defenses for heroes? Same stuff as DD1 which is nice but a little bit of a change and adding stuff would be nice. 
  • Why are the item boxes so small? I noticed in the early release there wasn't too much room. Maybe adding folders would be nice? 
  • Are the stores coming? Player hosted stores? Hanging out in the tavern and meeting and talking to new players was also nice. 
  • Does getting the game in early access and not backer get me any special pets or stuff ? I didnt think so but though id ask.

I can think of many more things but don't want to sound so negative, I for one wouldn't have minded a release date pushed back, I think this game was finished too quickly and it was not worth the 40$ I paid for but I am a stuborn OG fan and will continue to believe in the company. PLEASE LISTEN TO US DEVS, maybe you guys can add some special pets or weapons for us early access players? or free DLC in the future since we paid more? 

THANKS FOR READING!

• Like 1

Trendy Entertainment, now Chromatic games with some of the original staff and co-owner from DD1 will likely develop holiday stuff just as in DD2.  The owner is involved heavily and wants to see this succeed.

Split screen option will likely come as have been in all other versions, given the time especially for console players.

Defenses have always been added, changed/nerfed so you can likely expect adjustments to come for defenses.

I am unsure what you mean in terms of item boxes being so small.  When one box fills up, another page opens up automatically, simply scroll the wheel on your mouse to roll over to the next page.

DD2 Introduced the player market which ended in failure, was okay at first but is no longer even used by the player base.  This may happen, probably will but may fade like in DD2.

As a backer from kickstarter if you chose the package with the pets, then you would have just received the pets days ago via e-mail or kickstarter notification.  I got mine, you should if you chose the correct package which you may redeem at the main screen via redeem code on main menu.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:17 AM, ArmyGuyVince said:

Trendy Entertainment, now Chromatic games with some of the original staff and co-owner from DD1 will likely develop holiday stuff just as in DD2.  The owner is involved heavily and wants to see this succeed.

Split screen option will likely come as have been in all other versions, given the time especially for console players.

Defenses have always been added, changed/nerfed so you can likely expect adjustments to come for defenses.

I am unsure what you mean in terms of item boxes being so small.  When one box fills up, another page opens up automatically, simply scroll the wheel on your mouse to roll over to the next page.

DD2 Introduced the player market which ended in failure, was okay at first but is no longer even used by the player base.  This may happen, probably will but may fade like in DD2.

As a backer from kickstarter if you chose the package with the pets, then you would have just received the pets days ago via e-mail or kickstarter notification.  I got mine, you should if you chose the correct package which you may redeem at the main screen via redeem code on main menu.

OK cool, although by player shops I refer to how in dd1 you could host your tavern and sell stuff from it?? I think thats what I used to do. Would be awesome. Never played DD2 so not sure about that but hopefully they give it another chance, I feel like it gives you more ways of interacting with the community. OH OK as far as pets I was wondering how many there are and how to get any beside the giraffe on treadmill. 

LOTS of bugs with chat still and wondering if voice chat will come soon? thanks man

On 5/28/2020 at 9:15 PM, rpgZeus said:

wow how long does it take to code a split screen option

A long time, actually.  It's much more complicated than you are likely imagining.

1 hour ago, Batophobia said:

A long time, actually.  It's much more complicated than you are likely imagining.

full release???

22 hours ago, metalpower said:

full release???

I'm not saying it shouldn't have been included when EA ended, but the expectation that it's something simple to add in is unrealistic.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It's not like it was already in dd1 original...

CG/Trendy succeeded in doing a remake with less content than the original when released...

The only bonus are more bugs with less possibilities...but hey at least they changed the name of their company....xd

Edited by metalpower

BUMP

I hope they add split screen at same time they add FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT.  This way those of us that prefer to DD with a controller w/3 buds in a living room on the 65 in TV with snacks and beer Friday night, can have a BLAST.   DD is meant to be played with friends, and 4 player local split with controllers is so much fun!  

Holiday Themes, weird themes, weird cosmetics - Trump and Biden character skins anyone?,  flipping maps around (reverse maps, upside down maps, maps that rotate as you play.   Any limited time events that keep us playing would be awesome.   I think a scavenger hunt limited time event would be cool (collect x items to unlock something) or a Hunting event where you have to try to kill a special type of enemy (a orge riding a unicycle that spawns randomly, a golden LOOT KOBOLD, a flying goblin, etc).  Any limited event that make replaying old maps/modes, or replaying easier difficulties to be refreshing and rewarding.   Imagine a NG- (new game minus,) mode where you can re-start your character with access to all maps/difficulties/abilities/towers and item tiers, BUT YOU CAN"T GAIN XP or Level Up.  Your NG- character would get a special symbol or tag to indicate that you're hardcore hardcore (or a cosmetic).   

I would really like to see a HARDCORE PLUS mode where if you if you die at all, you are out the ENTIRE MAP/ALL WAVES.  Or have a HARDCORE x2 mode where when you build your towers, they are locked to the tower points-- so if they are destroyed they cannot be rebuilt for the entire map/all waves.    So, you have to not only stay alive, but upgrade and repair your towers to keep them alive. If the tower gets destroyed, that's it. If you die, that's it.  Imagine playing HARDCOREx2 on Summit Massacre!    THIS IS THE ULTIMATE DIFFICULTY.  Please make it happen for the End Gamers, at least :) 

I think the DD1 player store was ok -- but it got full of fake items/modded items.   I think hanging out in the tavern was one of the coolest things --- like looking at people's gear the arranged by size or color in the tavern floor....chatting...all that.  It made DDA social and keep everyone in game and playing.   I miss that!

23 hours ago, metalpower said:

CG/Trendy succeeded in doing a remake with less content than the original when released...

This isn't necessarily true.

In base DD1, not in DDA
- Splitscreen
- Challenges for every map
- Crystal skins / customization

In DDA, not in base DD1
- Encore maps for Acts 1 and 2
- Nightmare and Massacre difficulties
- Spiders, Sharken, Djinn, and Copters
- Loot rarities Mythic and higher

I'm sure there's a couple things I am forgetting to include, but you get the idea.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:15 PM, rpgZeus said:

Please hurry up and add the split screen option, as it was promised in the BACKER section of bullet points and I feel bad for people who bought it to play with other loved ones.

Splitscreen is on our priority list as we are working towards getting ready to release on the Switch as its one of the key features we want to have for that platform, but once it's ready we will be able to add it to all platforms, I don't have an ETA at this time for when that will be yet though.

19 hours ago, pigboy said:

I hope they add split screen at same time they add FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT.  This way those of us that prefer to DD with a controller w/3 buds in a living room on the 65 in TV with snacks and beer Friday night, can have a BLAST.   DD is meant to be played with friends, and 4 player local split with controllers is so much fun! 

Controller support is also very high on our list, as its a critical part of releasing on other consoles, so you should expect to see some updates along the way as we work towards those releases

Why are the item boxes so small? I noticed in the early release there wasn't too much room. Maybe adding folders would be nice? 

Are you referring to the item count of 525 (15 Pages)? This number came from a technical limit that we wanted to stay under. We have some idea's being tossed around on how we could address this issue in the future, so it is being looked into.

Does getting the game in early access and not backer get me any special pets or stuff ? I didnt think so but though id ask.

Anyone that purchased the game before 1.0 launch will receive the Shadow Costumes as mentioned in the Open Letter from Augi post.

When holidays come around; do you guys believe that there will be DLCs where there are holiday themed maps, pets, weapons, music, etc?

I believe Events are something we want to look into, and I think it would be cool to have themed events like Halloween, Winter, Etc and have some special rewards to get. Not sure if this will actually happen or not, just my thoughts haha.

If I didn't answer one your questions, I personally don't have enough info to give a good answer at this time, but that doesn't mean they aren't happening or being ignored, I'd just rather say nothing than say something incorrect :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, [CG] Philip said:

Splitscreen is on our priority list as we are working towards getting ready to release on the Switch as its one of the key features we want to have for that platform, but once it's ready we will be able to add it to all platforms, I don't have an ETA at this time for when that will be yet though.

Controller support is also very high on our list, as its a critical part of releasing on other consoles, so you should expect to see some updates along the way as we work towards those releases

Are you referring to the item count of 525 (15 Pages)? This number came from a technical limit that we wanted to stay under. We have some idea's being tossed around on how we could address this issue in the future, so it is being looked into.

Anyone that purchased the game before 1.0 launch will receive the Shadow Costumes as mentioned in the Open Letter from Augi post.

I believe Events are something we want to look into, and I think it would be cool to have themed events like Halloween, Winter, Etc and have some special rewards to get. Not sure if this will actually happen or not, just my thoughts haha.

If I didn't answer one your questions, I personally don't have enough info to give a good answer at this time, but that doesn't mean they aren't happening or being ignored, I'd just rather say nothing than say something incorrect :P

Keep up the good work, devs! Work hard and don't get discouraged.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, Batophobia said:

This isn't necessarily true.

In base DD1, not in DDA
- Splitscreen
- Challenges for every map
- Crystal skins / customization

In DDA, not in base DD1
- Encore maps for Acts 1 and 2
- Nightmare and Massacre difficulties
- Spiders, Sharken, Djinn, and Copters
- Loot rarities Mythic and higher

I'm sure there's a couple things I am forgetting to include, but you get the idea.

All of those things should be in DDA with no bug.
It's been 9 years sincez DD1 is out, plenty of time to know how their game works no?

I now know why they've changed their compagny name, so they can find excuses to make a beta game like it's finished.
Full of bugs, even in DD1 there was still bug spawn of enemies and pathfinding, still not fixed, same goes in dd2 still there.
I've bought all their game because i love this style of game but i really don't like how the devs are doing it.

And don't forget about the non telling/lying/deceving feature coming up with the release of the game which is:

2 different mode, the "play mode", wtf is that name..., and "legacy mode" which contains the data of the beta players.
Devs took a major backlash on steam and forums for their behavious about this subject.
They said after, we'll alow one time transfer data of your "legacy" save but we'll ATTEMPT to do the same with your gear...

I know there as been a thread about transfert upcoming patch but i seriously hope they will permit us to have all our gear/money/all of it.

I don't wanna restart all of this, that's not what you promised us, again deceiving the player/buyer.

Between scam/lazy/trainee/badly organized.
Makes me really uncomfortable with what they do.

Reminds me of DDE...really bad vibes here.

I never had this sensation with others indie devs, may be i sak them too much but really feel uneasy sadly.

Hope it will get better soon without asking us to cash more.

Edited by metalpower