Sign in to follow this  
Miikaaeeel

The 10 bucks that broke the camel's back

"We know it’s not perfect, nothing ever is, but we love it and we are proud of it and we want you, our wonderful community, to be able to connect with our new game and remain a valuable part of the community we created the DD franchise to foster and grow in the gaming world."

Do you also love that you screwed over the people who bought the game for $40? Players who put in hundreds of hours before the release, left positive and/or constructive reviews and reported bugs and errors? 

Are you proud that you lied to the people who had faith in you and invested in your unfinished and broken product?

I don't have any more money to give you, goodbye. 

Cya Miikaaeeel, your attitude won't be missed.

2 hours ago, Agony099 said:

Cya Miikaaeeel, your attitude won't be missed.

I see you've played a sizeable amount of Terraria.  If they decided to wipe your save data, would you not be the slightest bit upset?

2 hours ago, pigboy said:

Another toxic player gone thankfully 

I'm not sure how you consider that "toxic".  They've declared this as the official 1.0 release.  If they come back in a few months after you've sunk hundreds of hours into the game and decide you can't use those characters anymore, it would be reasonable to be frustrated.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Batophobia said:

I see you've played a sizeable amount of Terraria.  If they decided to wipe your save data, would you not be the slightest bit upset?

I'm not sure how you consider that "toxic".  They've declared this as the official 1.0 release.  If they come back in a few months after you've sunk hundreds of hours into the game and decide you can't use those characters anymore, it would be reasonable to be frustrated.

Started completely fresh on the new and final update that came out for it about a week ago, so nope, sure wasn't. Also, bit of a weird comparison since I had 250 hours in DDA prior to this as well so not really sure why you'd pick another game to compare it to but alright.

Edited by Agony099

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the change.

Also some honest friendly advice. Take nothing stated or planned for a development cycle in an early access game as set in stone, even if said to be. By nature it is likely to change in many ways and something like progress is often one of the most common things to change due to how later additions can heavily affect it.

All developers appreciate your support, and I would not like to say "never back anything", but please do so for the right reasons to avoid dissapointment. If you believe you have a lot to lose from the game changing or progress wipes, I urge you to consider holding out in the future for the official release when things are a little more predictable.

I hope you either find another game to enjoy, or better yet, come back loving the game regardless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LemonyNebula said:

I would not like to say "never back anything", but please do so for the right reasons to avoid dissapointment

What are "the right reasons" you envision here?  And if nothing is set in stone, then you really are saying don't back anything, because literally everything could change.

2 hours ago, LemonyNebula said:

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the change.

Also some honest friendly advice. Take nothing stated or planned for a development cycle in an early access game as set in stone, even if said to be. By nature it is likely to change in many ways and something like progress is often one of the most common things to change due to how later additions can heavily affect it.

All developers appreciate your support, and I would not like to say "never back anything", but please do so for the right reasons to avoid dissapointment. If you believe you have a lot to lose from the game changing or progress wipes, I urge you to consider holding out in the future for the official release when things are a little more predictable.

I hope you either find another game to enjoy, or better yet, come back loving the game regardless.

BS, promises were made and NOT kept. 

12 minutes ago, Batophobia said:

What are "the right reasons" you envision here?  And if nothing is set in stone, then you really are saying don't back anything, because literally everything could change.

Because you want to support a game and it's devs but while knowing that the money you put in is pretty much gone when you give it. It is a gamble on this product and the developers.

Knowing that development changes constantly and things that seems expected and set in stone can still change. You are right, everything can change, and if you are not prepared for that, don't back. It's not wrong to expect a certain level of stuff but people are up in arms about a progress wipe of all things. I'm more concerned about missing features.

16 minutes ago, Kyubey-_-Live'n'Died said:

BS, promises were made and NOT kept. 

Why BS? I know they were not.

3 minutes ago, LemonyNebula said:

Because you want to support a game and it's devs but while knowing that the money you put in is pretty much gone when you give it. It is a gamble on this product and the developers.

Knowing that development changes constantly and things that seems expected and set in stone can still change. You are right, everything can change, and if you are not prepared for that, don't back. It's not wrong to expect a certain level of stuff but people are up in arms about a progress wipe of all things. I'm more concerned about missing features.

Why BS? I know they were not.

the promise of no wipe was not kept. 

the price tag not being lowered not kept. 

so does where isn';t the bs again?

1 minute ago, Kyubey-_-Live'n'Died said:

the promise of no wipe was not kept. 

the price tag not being lowered not kept. 

so does where isn';t the bs again?

You quoted me with "BS".

Yet I did not say promises had not been broken.

16 hours ago, pigboy said:

See ya! Another toxic player gone thankfully 

SOOO how is he toxic? He is complaining about two very valid things, wow.

47 minutes ago, LemonyNebula said:

It's not wrong to expect a certain level of stuff

This is where personal opinion comes in.  You might not have expected EA data to be available in "normal" play, but others did.  Just like how people expected a DD game to have towers defense gameply, or loot, or split-screen.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Batophobia said:

This is where personal opinion comes in.  You might not have expected EA data to be available in "normal" play, but others did.  Just like how people expected a DD game to have towers defense gameply, or loot, or split-screen.

No, I did because they said it would.

Personally, I don't think it is anywhere near ready and they should have delayed it instead of making so many compromises and leaving people in the dark about what will and will not be included through lack of clarity and communication.

Edited by LemonyNebula
  • Like 1