Sign in to follow this  
Mochan555

I need some tips for climbing

I'm currently at Floor 114 and I might have finally hit the wall for my current state.

I'm level 650+ and have only Chaos 7 gear, with some nice mods and stuff. No Tenacity 10. I can't seem to beat the floor no matter what, I keep losing at 3rd wave. I usually use Monk/EV2/Apprentice and have a Gunwitch or Barb for DPS. But I can't beat frost mobs, they just overpower my defences and run through the stunlock. I probably don't have enough DPS to deal with them. 

Tried different builds, did the meta Reflect Beam method (tried with Automation and without) but no dice. Tried using W.MFR Stunlock, then ES (old meta) but they still run through. I tried putting Dryad Nimbus clouds in the back, still no go. I tried putting Mass D on Earth Shatter and just brute forcing ES hits, but they still broke through. Tried re-rolling the mutators but even with a no-headstrong setup I couldn't do anything.

This might be the limit to my current gear set, and I don't want to spend gold or time upgradinga t this point because I plan to do AP Resets. Should I call it and be happy with 114 (I should have a Min Ascension of around 1,100 when I reset) or does anyone have tips for beating frost mobs? Those damn monkey baboons are just killing me. 

I only have one Gilded Defense Rate at this time. SO the trick is to overcap rate for a fire defense like FA, so that when it is slowed by the frost orc you are still diong max DPS?

Thanks for the tip. It worked and I cleared 114 on my first try (with a few replays of wave 4 and 5).  But got through Wave 3 without being molested. Doubled down on FA and overcapped it like you said, worked like a charm. I still had to focus one of the more problematic lanes with my DPS hero but I managed to eke a win, so looks like I'll be hitting the 120s (maybe) before I reset. 

versus frost orc you have no choice : you MUST use double def rate with your flame aura or your embourmont  fissure, double def rate = shard def rate (no need gilded) + mod def rate 9, so you keep the rate at max, put 2 or 3 flame aura to be sure

if you play reflect beam proton, use the same on your proton : double def rate so your combo petrify works better

frost lanes cost much mana and lag the game , so you can reroll to have less lanes on lost temple, thats my better tips ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jantou24 said:

versus frost orc you have no choice : you MUST use double def rate with your flame aura or your embourmont  fissure, double def rate = shard def rate (no need gilded) + mod def rate 9, so you keep the rate at max, put 2 or 3 flame aura to be sure

if you play reflect beam proton, use the same on your proton : double def rate so your combo petrify works better

frost lanes cost much mana and lag the game , so you can reroll to have less lanes on lost temple, thats my better tips ;)

With a gilded shard, what level MOD will then suffice?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jantou24 said:

mod level 1 :)

Thanks. Gilding may be quicker than finding a 9...

Is the same true for cursikazi lanes to overclock?

9 hours ago, jantou24 said:

versus frost orc you have no choice : you MUST use double def rate with your flame aura or your embourmont  fissure, double def rate

I use both FA and Fissure with only a 10 rate mod at c8 and I got to floor 420 without much issue, I think saying its mandatory is overstating a little.

3 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Is the same true for cursikazi lanes to overclock?

For Cursikaze you need Tenacity at 100% to protect you

floor 420 perhaps...floor 700 without double rate it s a good challenge, floor 900 no issue...

Considering that most (in this case above 95%) people wont go above floor 500-600, I doubt that you need to do much of what people say are required. If you are planning to go above that there is a great chance that you will give up before then or never make it so you are fighting the odds anyways. This of course is hard to back up without the leaderboards being alive, rip them during CG's office remodel, but if they were you could see that in the top 100 (PC) the bottom is in the early 500's and those 100 players arent all active players anymore.

Yea maybe it wont work at the extreme floors, Im not wasting my time finding out, but a majority of players you talk to wont even see those floor anyways so its not really worth to theorize what would or wouldnt be good at those floors. Tbh the only reason Im at floor 420 (other than a pun) is because I wanted to prove you could get far without meta anything and that there are other ways to play, which included Overcapping rate and Tenacity.

anyway :classic_wacko:

i answer on a topic whose name is " i need some tips for climbing"

the best tip for frost lane s orc is double def rate, you choose other way Exglint all right, but my advise was for Mochan who asked help

40 minutes ago, jantou24 said:

anyway :classic_wacko:

i answer on a topic whose name is " i need some tips for climbing"

the best tip for frost lane s orc is double def rate, you choose other way Exglint all right, but my advise was for Mochan who asked help

i gotta agree with you it makes it so much easier 

• Like 1

I was merely pointing out the fact that when you said "a player must have it" was overstating it since it isn't required by any means. Then you turned into into a point that you needed it for floor much higher than most will travel and I used data to show that a majority of players wont reach that floor. Now you backpedaled to saying it was about tips for floor 114.

Playertt said it most accurately that using it does make it easier to deal with them and I agree, but a correctly fit FA and Fissure can combo into a powerful setup that will destroy Frost enemies with impunity because they are making use of double dmg on top of anti mods and you can go with double destro or triple anti depending on what you are able to get your hands on and they are both highly effective. Realistically I am also giving tips for Mochan to use at a floor that most people will beat eventually through their play because its such a low floor.

Before i knew about over capping i would just out range enemies  and using earth shatter- pdt and ramsters would work just not as great as over capping

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exglint said:

I was merely pointing out the fact that when you said "a player must have it" was overstating it since it isn't required by any means. Then you turned into into a point that you needed it for floor much higher than most will travel and I used data to show that a majority of players wont reach that floor. Now you backpedaled to saying it was about tips for floor 114.

Playertt said it most accurately that using it does make it easier to deal with them and I agree, but a correctly fit FA and Fissure can combo into a powerful setup that will destroy Frost enemies with impunity because they are making use of double dmg on top of anti mods and you can go with double destro or triple anti depending on what you are able to get your hands on and they are both highly effective. Realistically I am also giving tips for Mochan to use at a floor that most people will beat eventually through their play because its such a low floor.

I was merely pointing out the fact that when you said "a player must have it" was overstating it since it isn't required by any means.

"must have" cause after you can do something else but its not so good, i could explain my build with ramster but its really bad, not interesting :classic_blink:

Then you turned into into a point that you needed it for floor much higher than most will travel and I used data to show that a majority of players wont reach that floor.

NO i tried to explain you (a great player floor 420) that if you continue to climb you ll go into the wall with frostlanes but ...

Now you backpedaled to saying it was about tips for floor 114.

yep if i can give my opinion, i give the best tip, for mochan or for YOU, after you can understand or not ...

Playertt said it most accurately that using it does make it easier to deal with them and I agree

lol you re agree :classic_laugh:

but a correctly fit FA and Fissure can combo into a powerful setup that will destroy Frost enemies with impunity because they are making use of double dmg on top of anti mods and you can go with double destro or triple anti depending on what you are able to get your hands on and they are both highly effective.

ha totaly false, you cant say that i'm not agree but you cant understand cause you have not the level required, you can put fissure and fa but with frost orcs they slow your rate and finally frost lane go through your defense, you can have full c8 on fa or fissure that will be the same result tssssssss

Realistically I am also giving tips for Mochan to use at a floor that most people will beat eventually through their play because its such a low floor.

yep sure good tips :classic_wacko:

that will be my last message for you cause, you want just injuring me or having the last word no problem , you can cause i dont speak english so i can write some mistakes and i dont understand all  but i'm floor 999 on this game so i think that i can give some advises : some good advises ! to understand between floor 948 to 964 i spend more 1.000.000.000 to adjust my medaillons with some good and bad experiences ! but that was necessary !

just to finish i played frost lanes like you to floor 710 that was awfull on lost temple, on other maps i rerolled each time, after i used double def rate i reached floor 945 easely:classic_wink:

Posted (edited)

Jantou- congrats on 999, way to go! Quite the achievement. 

Would u recommend making a separate FA specialized for frost lanes? I use FA a lot and I'd hate to use mod space for anti-F and and rate overcapp for my regular use, but i have 3 heroes that can build these, so i was thinking about making a special FA just for frost lanes. I already have a special frost Fissure and a fire ramster made to hit from range, but I'm thinking of changing to the overcap method instead. 

Also- is Frost Boom worth throwing in the mix? I got a 10 mod of it...

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jantou24 said:

but i'm floor 999 on this game so i think that i can give some advises

Sure Im not saying you cant, but that doesnt make you the all encompassing perfect player. Definitely not the only or the first person to reach floor 999 either. Being at any floor above other players doesnt make you better than other players and those on the PC team that made it to floor 999 know this fact, but I guess you dont since you just tried to use that to make your opinion more valid than another person's opinion. Not only that but you missed a fact twice, Mochan is trying to beat floor 114 and not currently going for beating floor 999. Then you prove that my advice is sound by going to a floor much higher than he/she is at and showing it works (even though others have shown that it does work at something higher than 710) while trying to prove its bad advice.

Im not trying to injure you or your reputation, Im only stating what I see and giving alternatives, but you saying that is a bit hypocritical since you just did the same thing to me by using your floor accomplishment to try and prove that you are better in some way thinking that I cannot somehow cheese Onslaught the same way you did and abuse the most broken mechanic that is Petrify and do the same thing you did. Just because I choose to not abuse or exploit a broken mechanic doesnt make me a worse player than you, it only means I prefer to achieve something in my own way. 

I can promise you that Im not a bad player by any standards, the PC team that hit floor 999 knows this as well and they recognize me as one of the best players of the game. I would imagine that you just dont know me as well as they do since I talk with them all the time and I hardly, if ever, converse with you or your team. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Jantou- congrats on 999, way to go! Quite the achievement. 

Would u recommend making a separate FA specialized for frost lanes? I use FA a lot and I'd hate to use mod space for anti-F and and rate overcapp for my regular use, but i have 3 heroes that can build these, so i was thinking about making a special FA just for frost lanes. I already have a special frost Fissure and a fire ramster made to hit from range, but I'm thinking of changing to the overcap method instead. 

Also- is Frost Boom worth throwing in the mix? I got a 10 mod of it...

thx ;)

I use the FA with 3 different configurations (defense rate gilded, destruction, deadly strike)

FA versus earth units : anti melee, anti chaos, crowd controll

FA versus flying units : anti ranged, defense range servo

FA versus frost : def rate, anti frost, tenacity (anti melee could be a better choice)

If you have already a fissure double def rate it s suffisant, i chose FA cause it s easier to put with other defenses but fissure do the job very well

i use reflect beam with tenacity and put my FA inside, versus frost i put two FA on the same line before my reflect

(In fact finally, i use just FA versus frost ^^)

Frost boom is interesting to lower levels cause you do max 2.000.000 damage, after floor 250 , 2.000.000 damage is nothing you ll prefer a percentage, i like crowd control 55% on each ennemy if you use combo petrify with reflect and proton to controll ennemy

i hope i gave you some ways to work on your FA ;)

Edited by jantou24
FA versus flying units : encroaching flame gilded,deadly strike gilded,destruction gilded mod 10 def rate,range servo,anti ranged
  • Thanks 1

But now I will move to injure you. Are you saying you spent a billion gold to copy Random Persson's build and your not going to give him any credit for that? On top of the fact that he is remaking his spreadsheet so you're copying an old build?

Are you sure nobody else used RB combos before random made spread sheet ?  i would imagine someone else used RB in game with some types of combos? / i used to use RBs with numerous reflection shard and would it would take care of a lane before mods where in game it was nowhere as great as randoms build though 

Posted (edited)

Well really Im basing it on the Anti Air FA since Dark Emperor/Zombiewookie's build uses something different and what Jantou listed is exactly what is written on Random's sheet. I would credit those two as the originators of the traditional Floor 945+ builds given that they got there first out of the three platforms. Its possible someone stumbled onto the build before then but highly unlikely. Even assuming someone did they had no way to confirm it was good for high floors without being there which is why even I have people already at high floors that have gold and resources test my builds higher up so I dont have to waste time climbing myself. (Of course that is up to them Im not forcing anything on them)

Edited by Exglint

Posted (edited)

to undestand the high level, you need to play this level : with one 10 bad mod on a medaillon your defence sucks...

i was playing reflect beam def rate, tenacity, power servo (all mods 10) after some advises from better players like me i changed my power servo by an anti miniboss cause the last round on lost temple was always problematic immediately i saw the difference  ...after 200, 300 floors my defence sucks again i decided to copy what the majority said i replaced my anti miniboss by an anti melee but finally i changed again by crowd controll cause all ennemies are touched by this mod not anti melee !

All these try can be better but worse too !

I modified my boost aura many times, i played without boosted grasp very long time but this mod gilded do a real difference !

in fact after 948 i took time to retry all defences one by one with Etche1364, we had all shards gilded after 3 years on this game

We came to the same conclusion : we need to play together to continue (on ps4 we are playing 5 frames rate by second on drakenfrost keep or lost temple ! not on pc !)

One build a boost aura with mass destruction, other reflect beam with mass destruction, we learnt build together !

finally we found 3 keys : use mass destruction on buff beam (43% more damage !), use 2 different reflect beam one tenacity, def rate, crowd controll, other def rate crowd controll, anti melee (for lanes without orcs) and the best tip use "call to madness" from Mystic (Etche found it :))

I put my video the only one on youtube floor 949 ! Mystic do the job and open doors to 999 ...

After i read the spredsheet from Random persson, and i learnt 2 things : LSA exclusiv for ladies orcs, can be interesting (anti orc, anti melee, anti chaos)

and frost towers :), i didnt know that vampiric empowerment was working and the most important you can use it versus flying kamikazes !

The luck was with us : floor 954 a new french player join our team Demo-nat , lost temple floor 954 is impossible if you are not 3 players !

Demo-nat is a super technic player he learnt me many tips for monk and weapons

i think i put 4 months to climb 946 and 3 months to climb 946 to 999 but that was exciting to discover keys to finish (Etche was arguing with me all one night just for 1 medaillon :)))

Edited by jantou24
demo-nat was playing double def rate 6 months ago ^^
  • Like 1

So much wrong with this is cant even begin. So I wont, I will just view the PS4 team as the copycat team with this and move on.