Posted (edited)

Hello all,

I've wanted to post this for a while. I like to comb through all of the mods, skills, and shards, looking for fun combos to see how you can put some great combos together. In this thread i want to cover boosting, in all forms.

I'll break in down in separate posts covering different areas: 1) towers boosting towers, 2) heroes boosting towers, 3) towers boosting heroes, and then 4) putting it all together.

This is not meant to be a definitive guide on boosting, but just sharing some cool stuff i have found. Take it or leave it at your will. I'm also not going for simply the highest raw damage i can, or pure crowd control (cc), but a bit of mix so that this could be usable in your actual builds. In many places you could swap out range for even more power, but that limits the effectiveness of the tower on others, or puts it in reach of the enemy. 

In this thread, my main tower i am boosting will be a flame aura (FA), with destruction and mass destruction stacked on with rate. Mutiple anti mods to boot. Follow the 1 amp guides on YouTube for the setup. 

TL:DR - boost ideas for towers and heroes

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

1) towers boosting towers

There are 2 defs that there primary function is solely to boost, and that is Monk's Boost Aura (BA) and EV2's Bufff Beam (BB). First thing to know is that the only stats passed on are Tower Damage (TD) and Tower Crit Damage (TCD), so there is no incentive to increase any other stats on these defs like rate, or crit %. If the goal is to help another tower, then all mods and shards should be aimed at TD and TCD. I'm also assuming max ascension points in all tower categories for everything listed.

BA:

shards- destruction, boosted power, and deadly strikes. I'm saving Mass Destruction for the tower I'm boosting. Now DS could be swapped for Vamp. Empowerment or Crit Dmg, but i want range to cover more towers, so that is a choice. 

Mods- power, crit dmg, and diverse power. With diverse, the more you build in the DA aura, the stronger the boost on those defs will be.

BB:

Shards- destruction, vamp. emp., and Crit dmg. Range is of no use on this def, and im choosing to complement the BA, so BB will focus a tad more on crit while BA on dmg.

Mods- power, crit dmg, and diverse crit dmg. 

Additional towers:

3 other towers can also help through shard selection.

Lightning Strikes Aura - I've added Destructive Pylon to this and will build next to my main dmg tower. This will add 38% pwr. Rest of shards and mods won't help the boost, so rest are for regular use. Replace destruction with the pylon in your normal build. 

Frostbite - with Frosty Power shard, any enemy hit by this tower will produce a frost aura, and any defs inside that aura get a boost of def pwr by 29% (no crit). Then i add DS for range, as you want this far enough back so that Kobolts don't aggro it and take it out, but close enough so that it hits enemies at your main dmg tower. Last shard is a toss up between destruction and Vamp. Emp. I went with Vamp, even though I'll get less pwr initially, because i want to combo it even further. I'll get to that... Mods- power, health, and more range. 

To combo the Frostbite, i also add a World Tree in front of it. This will protect against flying divebombs, and also will combo with our hero build in the next section, providing health and stat boost. Shards- power pylon, health pylon, and range. The power pylon will not add to anything that the destructive pylon is already boosting, but my goal is just the Frostbite tower, but the 2 pylons will both boost the stats FB is adding to its aura, and help our hero to boot. 

Basic build would be FA in front, BA next, then LSA behind that, all in a straight line. Put a BB on either end of that line, so all three are between the nodes. Further back, place FB so that its outer range is just in ftont of your BB first node, then put a WT in front of it. 

Note- if you have the DU, you can keep adding defs inside the BA range and the FA will keep increasing its power and crit for each one. But unlikely you can dedicate that much DU to one spot...

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

2) heroes boosting towers

I found 4 top heroes IMO that have decent tower boosting skills and Shards - the Initiate, Squire, Mystic, and the Lavamancer. Some boost towers, while others incease dmg to enemies. 

LM - Eruption skill  along with Cataclysm shard and Twice as Bright shard will boost tower dmg for a time, but this requires casting Eruption over and over with a short duration time.

Mystic -her Call to Madness skill plus Debilitating Madness shard increase dmg to enemies in its range, and Madness Embrace shard extends time, but this requires you to prep mobs before your towers hit them. Plus the confuse aspect of her skill means this would best work once the mob is already in the killbox.

Squire- the Fight Me Not shard will increase dmg to enemies targeting the Squire by 25%. Use Provocation skill to aggro mobs and add the Enduring Provocation to extend the aggro time. However, this setup requires you constantly being in the enemy sights to be effective. 

The Initiate is my choice for top pick because you can squat in the middle of your defs and not be out in danger's way. Talisman of Empowerment can be cast to boost def stats, with no enemy interaction. Add Chi Blast shard and Chi Supercharge shard to increase the pwr and crit of the skill. 

From there, add shards that reduce skill cost, and add casting points back as quick as possible, so you can cast this as much as possible. 

Key shards no matter which hero you choose: Radiant Power and Radiant Critical Power both boost power and crit to all towers in a radius near you. 

Mods - top mod is To Arms, which plants a flag that boosts all towers in a radius of it, but can only be used once per wave and has a short duration. I also like Frozen Path, as you can slow enemies down approaching your boost kill box, and if you give Initiate a 5 spread polearm, enables making slow areas quite easily. Drakkenlord's Soul can also help protect you and cc enemies in the kill box. From there, just boost hero health, armor, and anything else to assist in your def. Leave any attack out as you can swap over to a DPS hero if you need that. You want a tank for this task. 

Pets: multiple pets have wither skills that will increase dmg to enemies, so you have choices. Only 1 skill directly affects towers, and that is Dragon Protection which adds a shield to the towers, so no dmg increase, but helps on def.

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

3) towers boosting heroes

FA plus the Empowering Flames is by far the best hero boost, with 25% dmg boost. Add range to increase the size of the boost zone. If you snipe from a distance with long range attacks, build one of these to camp in. From their add power, rate, and anti mods to assist in dealing with Dark Assassins. 

Snaking Sands with Sandstorm Warrior can also add 25% to your power, but you need an enemy to proc it. However, Dark Assassins will do the trick. Once they latch on, just step onto it, and a red shield should cover you and provide the boost. Downside is only lasts 25 sec, then you need another assassin to proc it again. 

Dryad World Trees not only heal, but also boost crit stats, 20% dmg and 10% chance. 

Mystic Obelisk tower can also help, also add Empowering Blasphemy for higher stats. Put a single upgrade into one, and it will randomly cast a red shield that boosts stats while applied, along with dmg protection. 

So a DPS nest could be a snaking sands on ground, inside a FA, with a World Tree close by, and an Obelisk anywhere on the stage with 1 upgrade. 

Note, a few defs can help, mostly with assassins, but they don't add to your stats. Build a LSA to quickly kill assassins. Geyser traps can instantly remove assassins on you. 

This setup could also be used in helping High Roller lanes in Onslaught or anywhere you know a Roller will spawn. Put the FA and SS at the head of the lane, with the WT near by, and when you leap in to hit rollers from behind, you'll be right in the middle of this DPS boost/heal zone to assist in their removal. 

3b) Heroes boosting...themselves

Only 1 example i know of where a hero can boost heroes, and that is the monk using Heroic Wave, which would boost DPS even more. Add Heroic Boost shard for even more boost power. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

4) putting it all together

Keep in mind this not a practical use of DU, and most maps you will likely not be able to build all all of this. I like taking things to extremes, and a few stages have enough spare DU, that you could pull this off.

Lookup vids on Juicebag's channel on YouTube for the One Amp Build and Nuke Monk for the builds on the DPS hero and great FA builds. There are also a lot of ways to build beyond those vids and what i have laid out here, so feel free tk experiment, and please feel free to post ideas and builds here. Things may also change over time if any updates come out after May of 2020, you never know how power will change or what new things may be introduced...or removed.

That all being said, let's tie it all together.

Build the boost setup from part 1 in a lane, likely no too far from spawn point, FA-BA-LSA-BB. Then the FB and WT further back to setup the aura boost. Now the WT you just made will also cover the DPS nest, with the other FA (will require 2 FA Builds with 2 monks), along with SS, and am Obelisk anywhere on the map. Sit in the DPS nest, sniping away as the nuke monk or whomever you like, and when it's time, run down to the boost station, switch to your initiate (causing To Arms to proc) in the middle, then place your talisman. Lay down cover fire to freeze the ground, and your FA and LSA will be ridiculously powerful. The more upgrades these 2 have before this all goes down, the more power you will put out. The increase is incredible! 

Hope any of this helps or was fun to read. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

Juice bag has nice explanation on this on YouTube I think over a year ago.

Since you’re not using boost to slow, you can switch out deadly after placing with another shard and the towers that were originally in the aura will continue to be boosted as if the aura was still boosting them (including upgrading the boost aura).

• Like 1

Cool thread!

I'm intrigued with heal zone build for High Rollers. Since I mostly used flamethrowers and sometimes reflect to deal with rollers while also using heroes dps to finish them off if it's not enough, this build may help on that for me if there's DU opportunities or also as a fun build when I just want to DPS and there's a roller lane. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Note- Destructive Pylon HS do stack, but on separate def. Once you've gotten your 2nd one from Prime or Mastery, you can swap out the Destruction on the BA, and put this in its place. Combos with the one in the LSA, and jacks the total strength of the build i laid out even more. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Note- Destructive Pylon HS do stack, but on separate def. Once you've gotten your 2nd one from Prime or Mastery, you can swap out the Destruction on the BA, and put this in its place. Combos with the one in the LSA, and jacks the total strength of the build i laid out even more. 

On testing this I still find it to be untrue, two Dpylons will not stack together. Can you lay out the steps taken in detail and what you see as you do them?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Exglint said:

On testing this I still find it to be untrue, two Dpylons will not stack together. Can you lay out the steps taken in detail and what you see as you do them?

You are correct. I thought i had it all figured out last night, but apparently i had a mistake in there somewhere when i tried it again. I should always double check, before posting. Thanks for catching that. 

Facepalm

• Like 1

No worries, just wondering if I didnt put in the konami code or something to get it to work :P

• Like 1