BPUGINATOR

Need Some Help with Stats on Towers

Best and most common stats used for skill points? I'm only curious as to what everyone is using to progress nightmare in a fast manner. My squire is just all health for barricades but a lot of people are saying flat defense rate for apprentice right now and it has got me all over the place! Also its been years but if anyone I played ps3 DD with is still around hit me up! I'm very excited with how DDA is going so far and have already caught back up with a few old friends.

Posted (edited)

Squire:

Mostly only used for walls -> all fortitude

Apprentice:

Putting 1 point in rate for every 2 points in power will get you close to maximum damage output.  However, maximum damage output isn't necessarily what people want.  Many people are making heavy use of deadly strike towers.  Any time a DST shoots at a spider or DEW, it is likely to be overkill.  With spiders dropping all over the map and DEWs chasing you in packs, this happens a lot.  So it is helpful to have these towers firing as fast as possible to dispose of weak mobs quickly and get back to shooting ogres.  With that said, I still go with a 2:1 ratio.  You'll also want around 1k range so you can clump your deadly strikers together and still have map coverage.

Monk:  

Giant auras are amazing, but without an EV the range you need to achieve (both on auras and towers) to open up new defense setups aren't easily achievable on top of the power you would need to make the giant aura useful.  I don't advocate more than about 1k range.  If you want to use electric auras then defense rate is useful, otherwise useless.  Scaling of slow and weakness aura with power doesn't seem amazing enough to invest in heavily.  If you're trying to make a push to get to a place where you can comfortably farm nightmare, I would say invest ~1k in range and everything else in fortitude.  As your other defenses start to beef up, you can switch the fortitude over to power.

Huntress:

Mostly used for gas traps, so stats don't really matter.  If you can afford to shift some DU into proximity mines then you probably are in a spot where you want a similar stat allocation to  your aura monk.  

If you use the DDA builds site, many of the setups include a breakdown of the stats for the builders.  That can help give you a sense of how various players are allocating points, and how those points may change for different setups: https://builds.dundef.com/list.php

Edited by Zuqual
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Zuqual said:

Squire:

Mostly only used for walls -> all fortitude

Apprentice:

Putting 1 point in rate for every 2 points in power will get you close to maximum damage output.  However, maximum damage output isn't necessarily what people want.  Many people are making heavy use of deadly strike towers.  Any time a DST shoots at a spider or DEW, it is likely to be overkill.  With spiders dropping all over the map and DEWs chasing you in packs, this happens a lot.  So it is helpful to have these towers firing as fast as possible to dispose of weak mobs quickly and get back to shooting ogres.  With that said, I still go with a 2:1 ratio.  You'll also want around 1k range so you can clump your deadly strikers together and still have map coverage.

Monk:  

Giant auras are amazing, but without an EV the range you need to achieve (both on auras and towers) to open up new defense setups aren't easily achievable on top of the power you would need to make the giant aura useful.  I don't advocate more than about 1k range.  If you want to use electric auras then defense rate is useful, otherwise useless.  Scaling of slow and weakness aura with power doesn't seem amazing enough to invest in heavily.  If you're trying to make a push to get to a place where you can comfortably farm nightmare, I would say invest ~1k in range and everything else in fortitude.  As your other defenses start to beef up, you can switch the fortitude over to power.

Huntress:

Mostly used for gas traps, so stats don't really matter.  If you can afford to shift some DU into proximity mines then you probably are in a spot where you want a similar stat allocation to  your aura monk.  

If you use the DDA builds site, many of the setups include a breakdown of the stats for the builders.  That can help give you a sense of how various players are allocating points, and how those points may change for different setups: https://builds.dundef.com/list.php

I agree with most of these points, just want to add, since they changed the flight path of Chopter's, I would encourage 1.1k range on your Apprentice. That will help hit them pesky Chopters.

Posted (edited)

what i do is play whit the bonus stats to see whats the best dps.

most of my gear have 100 pouwer and rate  extra 

Edited by kingdiamond1986

2 hours ago, kingdiamond1986 said:

what i do is play whit the bonus stats to see whats the best dps.

most of my gear have 100 pouwer and rate  extra 

It is best to test your towers in the tavern. The most helpful thing you can do is mess with Power and Defense Rate, add like 5 points into 1 or the other and check the DPS. Granted I would encourage this with the last 100 points you can spend. Following the 2/1 power to rate ratio, I think you will be pleased.

i do test at tavern. and if i do i swap 100 point out and place it at power and i look what the dps is and then i take the same 100 back and but it at rate see if the dps fo up or down and so you can fine tune your dps power \ rate