Sign in to follow this  
mrwald0

Just loss 200 hours worth of gear. I'm done with this game for good.

I loss about 8 hours worth of gear on my first day playing. I haven't had it happen in a while so thought it was finally fixed. I joined a random game just now after downloading the latest patch and bang. 200 hours worth of fucking Promenade, Summit and Ancient Mine runs down the drain.

I'm done with this game and won't be coming back. I'm also going to see if steam will refund me my money even though i've played 200 hours.

• Sad 1

1 Step forward 2 (maybe more) steps back.

Why on earth would you release a patch with this in the game that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. fix it then release it. I mean not everybody reads the update log before playing and this is literal game breaking bug... Exhibit A the OP.

Posted (edited)

First at all please ever read Patch Notes from an EA Title ... Would help u and can stop you from getting mad ....

But yeah thats an bug that needs to get fix ASAP but the devs are also Humans so yeah they can´t hex or something they need to find why this happens and have to repair the problem then. So in EA u Should be warned that something like that CAN happen. And io hope Steam don´t refund u cause u had 200h of Fun so yeah... It´s sad but i think u come back when its released.

Hope we see you back then look up and don´t get mad.

Edited by -[K0bold]-
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -[K0bold]- said:

First at all please ever read Patch Notes from an EA Title ... Would help u and can stop you from getting mad ....

But yeah thats an bug that needs to get fix ASAP but the devs are also Humans so yeah they can´t hex or something they need to find why this happens and have to repair the problem then. So in EA u Should be warned that something like that CAN happen. And io hope Steam don´t refund u cause u had 200h of Fun so yeah... It´s sad but i think u come back when its released.

You kinda miss the point. We are fully aware this is early access and things like this can happen. But releasing a patch knowing it can happen and ruin peoples whole fun why on earth would you do this? just fix the bug first we can wait, it really didn't need to be released in this state.

1 minute ago, Doondoons said:

You kinda miss the point. We are fully aware this is early access and things like this can happen. But releasing a patch knowing it can happen and ruin peoples whole fun why on earth would you do this? just fix the bug first we can wait, it really didn't need to be released in this state.

This bug was in game before also so yeah... They said they are hardly focusing on the March Patch and try to do the Version for the Switch. And don´t forget they are still a Indie Dev Team. They can´t do everything. And you can say what ever u want they are HARDLY grinding on get the Bugs Fixed i mean look at the Patch interval.

People are too entitled. It is known that until you get the release candidate, you can expect any and all bugs. You think early release means anything? Why would steam constantly remind people that early release titles may or may not be stable and may or may not ever get a full release? It’s because you are taking a risk with the knowledge up front that things may not all be what you expect. Manage your expectations appropriately in the future and you won’t be disappointed 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, -[K0bold]- said:

First of all. I did read the patch notes. It seems they messed up the patch and caused a bunch of people to lose their saves, because tons of people lost their game saves according to people on Reddit and discord. It wasn't just me.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Neuman said:

People are too entitled. It is known that until you get the release candidate, you can expect any and all bugs. You think early release means anything? Why would steam constantly remind people that early release titles may or may not be stable and may or may not ever get a full release? It’s because you are taking a risk with the knowledge up front that things may not all be what you expect. Manage your expectations appropriately in the future and you won’t be disappointed 

Entitled? lol It also wasn't just me who lost their saves with this patch. Going by discord and reddi, tons of people lost their saves, meaning this latest patch caused it.

Edited by mrwald0

Just now, mrwald0 said:

Entitled to expect my game to work properly? It also wasn't just me who lost their saves with this patch. Going by discord and reddi, tons of people lost their saves, meaning this latest patch caused it.

Yes. Early access/kickstarter are investments. Investments come with risk. When have you ever heard of making an investment in the stock market that was guaranteed? Never! No promises have been made beyond a buyer beware that clearly states NO PROMISES 

Sorry for the data loss problems. To explained what happened, we fixed a spot where the game was saving twice in a row that caused issues for data loss. This however had an unknown side benefit of protecting players against the other data loss bug that we were still working on. Since that benefit is now gone the data loss from issue #2 happens more frequently.

We've reverted the patch 13335. If you are on patch ending in 13130 you're good, if you're on 13335 you're in danger of losing data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

There's really no reason to flame and go ballistic because of an early access patch.

I mean... yeah. It sucks, but it happens. I didn't like my inventory disappearing, or losing progress when the game launched on steam after hours and hours, but meh. When I buy into something that's early access, I know they inevitably can come with game-breaking bugs and issues. 

Doesn't mean I like them, but the best way to make the game better is to simply relay what you dislike about the game in a constructive manner to the best of your abilities, and if needed just wait for another patch or two and then give it a go again. CG patches fairly frequently.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mrwald0 said:

Sorry. I added what i think of you.

I would fence words with you but unfortunately you don’t even have a sword. Please, mature a little, resort to less name calling and provide something constructive instead of throwing tantrums. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Neuman said:

I would fence words with you but unfortunately you don’t even have a sword. Please, mature a little, resort to less name calling and provide something constructive instead of throwing tantrums. 

You're the one calling people entitled for being upset that they just loss 200 hours of their fucking life and you tell me to resort to less name calling? That's like the pot calling the kettle black.  I am allowed to be upset and mad and don't need to be called entitled for expecting a game that cost $40 to not delete 200 hours of game progress.

Edited by mrwald0

1 minute ago, mrwald0 said:

You're the one who called me entitled for being upset that i just loss 200 hours of my fucking life and you tell me to resort to less name calling? That's like the pot calling the kettle black.  I am allowed to be upset and mad and don't need to be called entitled for expecting a game that cost $40 to not delete 200 hours of game progress.

It is an “incomplete” game that you purchased and it came with risks that you accepted when making the purchase. As far as me calling you entitled, I did include you in it but also meant many others on these forums when doing so. However, you’re correct and I’m sorry for saying that you expected something that was not promised. Next time read the small print 

Just now, mrwald0 said:

I am allowed to be upset and mad and don't need to be called entitled for expecting a game that cost $40 to not delete 200 hours of game progress.

You can be upset, but realistically this game can be played again and you can start fresh, as well as progress to where you were in half the time. The current end game gear you had grinded maybe no so much.

But it doesn't take much to get builders up to an AFK promenade condition. Think of it as restarting a pokemon save again. You are more experienced this time defender, as well as have a community of defenders whom can help you boost back up to strength (Perhaps someone from here would offer help if you needed it). But unfortunately your attitude is what is driving people against you. 

Its been iterated plenty of times about the risk of playing the game, and this patch they even stated how to join a game to prevent the likeliness of it happening (click join game one time, no more; no less...Or just host your own games. I have the same game time and not once experienced this bug, I guess since I host my own games). I understand your frustration, but coming here to take a s**t on the game and devs is not the place. Coming here to offer your experience NOT driven by anger would be okay. 

You put 200 hours in the game cause you thought it was fun enough to invest that time. It sucks to feel its all wasted but another 200 hours from here after the next few releases would put you well back where you were and more so. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ViR-GiN-iA said:

You put 200 hours in the game cause you thought it was fun enough to invest that time. It sucks to feel its all wasted but another 200 hours from here after the next few releases would put you well back where you were and more so. 

And by the end of this month, we're going to have nightmare, further making most current gear outdated. (Maybe?)

It sucks losing progress, yes. But it happens. That's part of the risk of buying into early access. Buying into early access means you want to help provide feedback and report any issues you may have so they can be fixed prior to release. Over reacting and throwing a tantrum will just get your thread locked or deleted and there's nothing valuable in: "OMFG WTF WHY DO YOU SUCK AT MAKING GAMES?" 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

The upcoming Nightmare Patch will make all your gears worthless anyway, you'll find upgrades for everything you currently have in NM, so all you need to do is get back some 'decent' gear, at the very least a decent DPS char then let someone carry you in the MANY nightmare games there will be until your back to where you were, just take a break from DDA until this patch comes and cover all the 200 hours your worked in a few nightmare matches or something... hardly something to cry about, especially since this is early access, something a lot of people seem to forget.

Edited by AJsEpicGames

If you've lost your entire inventory after the patch was released, and before the roll back, please join our Discord and message Philip#7873. He's currently helping restore profiles. Do not try playing again until chatting with him and your profile, or at least the vast majority of it can be restored. If he doesn't respond, please wait until the morning to try and contact him. This shouldn't have affected many, but we're a small group trying to make this right. #BlessPhil

• Like 4

If you want to restart, I can build for you on Summit - Insane. We could get you back to 70 quickly. I can also build for Survival wave 25 a few times until you get gear that is good enough to get you going again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It really is an inexcusable bug. EA isn't supposed to be Alpha or Beta testing.  Chromatic already had their official beta, one that I participated in. Losing all your items is about as big of a bug as it gets, next to when the crystals were spontaneously exploding.

You lost only items that will worth nothing in about 2 weeks and u can farm almost same gear (like 20-30 stat loss).
I was wiped last week too. Insane diff is easy and there is no problem to farm it and wasting 200 hours on farming for like....+5 each stat item? Why? NM in 2 weeks, items will be x2 time better.
You still got all your exp and gold that u was farming.