Zuam

Connection Error

Around 2 years or so ago I used to play this game but all of a sudden I started getting a connection error which I tried to fix myself a good few times but eventually gave up trying and just permanently uninstalled the game and every few months I'd try installing again then uninstall again. However I've had enough now, I've moved house, changed internet provider, changed internet modem, changed accounts everything. For some reason I always get an error like the screenshot provided and all I want to know is how on earth can I fix this? I really want to play again. It is not an error with my internet as far as I can tell, I've tested everything else and its only this game that doesn't work.

Heres a little bit of info that may help I guess.

I'm from the UK (incase the game is region locked)
As far as I'm aware I'm not banned. (Not done anything bannable atleast)
I don't know what my char names were anymore.
It sits on the Initializing Game Login screen for 5-10min then gives the info shown in screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/MHayTBl

Ok so after 2 damn years I decided to try using a vpn in the US and it worked. Does anyone know why that is?

So correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like the game is region locked to Europeans. If this is true why is it region locked and how long will it continue to be region locked? I mean the posts I read were from 2015 where players were complaining the game was region locked for match making reasons but I'm not so sure thats still the reason. I'm a bit annoyed because I'd rather not have to use a vpn to play the game but if I have to I guess I will. 

Looking over the discord and assuming you posted this very shortly after running into your issue, it seems this was the result of a server that was acting up and a CG employee actually did behind the scenes magic and swapped off some servers for good ones and it was fixed soonish after. You may have just rolled unlucky dice and hit it just as it happened.

I've had this issue for 2 years. Unless im crazy unlucky and just happend to join as the server was down but I doubt it.

I have since tried again both with and without vpn and with a vpn on UK and everything is the same as before, UK doesn't allow me to connect.