Sign in to follow this  
interval

THIs is not a parody - Yes I understand its early access still but come on.

Not trying to be negative at all but as I have gone through the campaign of DDA I cant help be reminded of how we all where told that DDA WILL NOT  be a DD1 remake, but as I play the game all I can think of is the countless hours my sone and I played so and so map. Now don’t get me wrong I am enjoying DDA, a lot actually but so far it IS a DD1 remake. So, what happened? Is the DD2 content going to be part of the DLC? And where is the story? I mean correct me if I am wrong but I do remember something about a story about the heroes going back into time and I also remember something about the maps being a mix of both games DD1  and DD2 with some completely new maps also.

Funny part is the people who didn't want a DD remake think it's a remake and the people who wanted a DD remake don't think it's a remake. At the surface level this game does indeed look like a remake. However if you put a lot of time in DD (like I did) you can rather quickly see how this is a completely different game with tons of stuff changed however if you simply played the game through on Hard or lower and stopped playing I doubt you'll even notice a lot of the stuff changed.

It really doesn't help though that they brought back a few of the old maps. 

Still though I think the best way to put it is this is DD re-imagined in a new light and aimed a lot more towards casual. Also I really hope the free DLC focuses on porting all of the notable maps from previous DD games (Kings Game, Aquanos, Glit. Caverns, and I never played DD2 so whatever good maps are from there) with a 2nd DLC focusing on entirely new maps and hero's. As for bringing old hero's back I have mixed opinions.

• Like 4

It's really not that different from what they said it was. A mix of old and new maps and trying to bring back the original feel of the game on a new engine. I'm not sure what part of what they're doing isn't in line with that. stats and loot cleaned up, just about everything is legitimately improved aside from the features we're still waiting on.

aimed a lot more towards casual.

Careful, you say that now, but nightmare and massacre will be a thing.... :p

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SnaksAwnSnaks said:

We only have Insane right now, so the higher difficulties will bring more challenge. But people need to remember we are in early access.

I agree. I also think the difficulties we currently have will change tbh. It's a balancing prosess ^^

8 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

Careful, you say that now, but nightmare and massacre will be a thing

Also to be added: bosses, challenge maps, and modes (hardcore, mixed).

3 hours ago, EkkoNO said:

I agree. I also think the difficulties we currently have will change tbh. It's a balancing prosess ^^

I think they already have a bit. I was struggling on insane summit, the ogres were absolutely wrecking me. Then a patch hit and I passed it with 0 issue. I think the health on insane campaign ogres got nerf'ed.

As others have said, we're still in Early Access and there is a lot more to come. We wanted to focus on making DD more accessible without such a large learning curve, while integrating the best parts of DD1 and DD2. We're still working on this and there will be lots of new and familiar content being added throughout Early Access, release, and tons of DLC eventually. 

We have to get the base content in, but using UE4 we can add so much more functionality than either game and we plan to do so.

As for the lack of story...that's because there's no cinematics yet. They're coming :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redragon6466 said:

I think they already have a bit. I was struggling on insane summit, the ogres were absolutely wrecking me. Then a patch hit and I passed it with 0 issue. I think the health on insane campaign ogres got nerf'ed.

Yup. Remember the balancing process is up and down untill they find the perfect spot ;) Just keep om posting feedback and they'll know what the community thinks :D

Edited by EkkoNO

10 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

Careful, you say that now, but nightmare and massacre will be a thing.... :p

I was more talking about the removing of low level god characters through forced levelups, shared EXP, gear stats (can't go negative and just an "armor" value), and how the drop rates for high tier loot seem really high. Although I have no clue what the drop rates on Godly were in the original game on Insane.

Still though I think Massacre on the current maps won't be any more difficult than Nightmare on the hardest maps.

The game seems a bit easy right now, I think because we're getting Epic and Legendary drops without Nightmare / Massacre modes to use them on.   Insane Campaign drops lvl 45 gear.

3 hours ago, Fatheredpuma81 said:

I was more talking about the removing of low level god characters through forced levelups, shared EXP, gear stats (can't go negative and just an "armor" value), and how the drop rates for high tier loot seem really high. Although I have no clue what the drop rates on Godly were in the original game on Insane.

Still though I think Massacre on the current maps won't be any more difficult than Nightmare on the hardest maps.

If it isn't more difficult it will be a bug and will be fixed. It's supposed to be harder and saying "i dont think it will be harder" doesn't mean it won't be lol.

I don't know what you're talking about in half this post though. "removing of low level god characters through forced levleups?" What does this even mean? Also, the vast majority of everybody never liked negative stats and it doesn't add challenge, it only means more junk loot. I'll give you no resistances as an oversimplification, however.

Also, every serious player of DD1 was using controller emulators to level 4 heroes at once. Doing that automatically just means you don't need to use third party tools to save grinding time. I don't know how this isn't a very very good thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dagarath said:

The game seems a bit easy right now, I think because we're getting Epic and Legendary drops without Nightmare / Massacre modes to use them on.   Insane Campaign drops lvl 45 gear.

the current gear tiers are completely different from DD1 so you can't really correlate this well, however I myself was irritated by insane dropping gear way over the level you could complete the maps at on a regular basis. that needs a looking-at.

Honestly, DD1 was not a terribly difficult game before Nightmare came out, and so I don't think this is that much different.

32 minutes ago, Alhanalem said:

the current gear tiers are completely different from DD1 so you can't really correlate this well, however I myself was irritated by insane dropping gear way over the level you could complete the maps at on a regular basis. that needs a looking-at.

Honestly, DD1 was not a terribly difficult game before Nightmare came out, and so I don't think this is that much different.

I agree, I did deeper well on hard a couple times and then did it on insane.  Loot drop level requirements didn't match my player lvl, so you end up storing gear for later use.  I'd rather be able to equip whatever I get to drop.

2 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

If it isn't more difficult it will be a bug and will be fixed. It's supposed to be harder and saying "i dont think it will be harder" doesn't mean it won't be lol.

I don't know what you're talking about in half this post though. "removing of low level god characters through forced levleups?" What does this even mean? Also, the vast majority of everybody never liked negative stats and it doesn't add challenge, it only means more junk loot. I'll give you no resistances as an oversimplification, however.

Also, every serious player of DD1 was using controller emulators to level 4 heroes at once. Doing that automatically just means you don't need to use third party tools to save grinding time. I don't know how this isn't a very very good thing.

We won't know until it's out. However we can guess and I am guessing. I personally think that The Summit on Massacre won't be harder than Moonbase on Nightmare with equivalent stats when it comes to survival.

I along with many others like created characters at specific levels and getting the best gear possible for them. I saw many people with Mythical only characters, a fair few friends and me included did level 70 Godly characters (with around 3-4k stats), and I also did level 30 characters (never finished them entirely but around 2k stats). 

I never said negative stats added challenge. However it was something you had to think about whenever equiping an item and i'd personally like to see them come back. Many more steps in that direction will put you in every item needs between X and X stats (based on quality) and must have all stats territory.

I was comparing item drop rates to 4 player splitscreen drop rates and they seem very high. Speaking of splitscreen though I offered up a really good solution to it. Also there is splitscreen in DDA and i'm guessing once trading is added it will be even worse than DD1's splitscreen since you get separate loot and an autolooter although of course i assume it's 2 player splitscreen only.

I personally think that The Summit on Massacre won't be harder than Moonbase on Nightmare with equivalent stats when it comes to survival.

Of course it won't.  Why would it be? The summit in DDA has the same place as it did in DD1. I wouldn't expect a new map coming out years from now to be easier than one that's out now.

"The game is feeling like a DD1 remake." Good! That's exactly what I wanted. DD2 was a travesty that never should have happened and introduced very little of worth to the IP. I hope they keep as much of it out as possible. I'm 100% content with having a mix of new and old maps.