Sign in to follow this  
CK011885

Some Early Day 1 Feedback

1. Towers should look visually better as they get upgraded, not sure if this is planned and just placeholder for early access.
  2. Some kind of feature like DD2 had where you can hold Shift to see the range of your already placed towers.
  3. Remember last privacy setting used instead of always defaulting to Public when creating a game.
  4. Hovering over an item should show what you have equipped for comparison sake.
  5. Needs to be easier to see what you can't equip because of level requirements.
  6. Map completion progression should be saved per difficulty. If I complete a map on Medium, when I switch to Insane I'm still seeing a checkmark as if I've completed it on that difficulty too.
  7. Huntress attack animation is so subtle that if I don't hear the shots, I'm not sure if I'm firing.
Edited by CK011885
  • Like 1

I will add, can we have the option for the map to come up only when we hold TAB, why did this change to just hitting the button.

2 hours ago, CK011885 said:
  1. Towers should look visually better as they get upgraded, not sure if this is planned and just placeholder for early access.
  2. Some kind of feature like DD2 had where you can hold Shift to see the range of your already placed towers.
  3. Remember last privacy setting used instead of always defaulting to Public when creating a game.
  4. Hovering over an item should show what you have equipped for comparison sake.
  5. Needs to be easier to see what you can't equip because of level requirements.
  6. Map completion progression should be saved per difficulty. If I complete a map on Medium, when I switch to Insane I'm still seeing a checkmark as if I've completed it on that difficulty too.
  7. Huntress attack animation is so subtle that if I don't hear the shots, I'm not sure if I'm firing.

Clarification on point 4, while on the ground I assume which I really think they need since you can hold shift in inventory.

Would also like a loot filter to sort equip able items.

Edited by Doondoons

Maybe I am missing it but it would be very nice to be able to hover over an item to lock or sell it.  Too many clicks involved with clearing inventory.  Wasn't this a feature of the first game?

Right Click Menu will do the job youre looking for, even when a "Lock+Sell" hotkey would be nice

2 minutes ago, TheZonk88 said:

Right Click Menu will do the job youre looking for, even when a "Lock+Sell" hotkey would be nice

That is so much clicking though.  In the original couldn't you just hover over an item and press a key to sell it. 

12 hours ago, CK011885 said:

Towers should look visually better as they get upgraded

The upgrade icon still also seems to be pretty useless at displaying upgrade level at a glance which doesn't help. 1 & 2 nailed it and now we get... A line.

Dont know if here is the right place to report this but I was at some point lvl 13 and some lvl 10 or 12 loot would say that i lacked the level requirements.

I'll add my day 1 feedback here instead of making another thread:

I think that the towers are not where they should be at powerwise. There are many towers that simply won't cut the mustard in comparison to the mage's fireball tower. Why would I make an electric tower that hits for 80 pr tick (albeit 160 dps) when I can just add another fireball and get 900 splashdamage to every mob? I put up strenght drain and fireballs and squire walls and that's it. The other towers pale in comparison. 

I like the UI, and I like how you can search through your inventory more easily, but I wish that the sorting function would stick across characters (it defaults back to "newest" when I change chars). I also dislike that I have to close my ui to swap to another hero while I'm in my inventory. I want to be able to press F1-F4 while searching through my items. 

This press and hold stuff is a bit annoying. If I want to open the map it feels bad having to hold tab instead of just quickly pressing it. 

Repairing and upgrading feels bad. Especially doing it on auras. I have to move my camera in ackward positions, and the upgrade/repair point dissapears all of a sudden. The other defenses have this hp bar that you can clearly see from a distance, while the auras are hit or miss. Im worried that my auras will go down without me noticing because of this. 

Otherwise, great stuff so far! 

Edited by krsans78

Guess I will also add my 2 cents into this post instead of creating a new one.
Get ready tho, this will be a long one.

First off let me say that i played through the maps during beta and knew what i was getting into.
I had already a ton of fun and I'm generally happy with how the game plays so far.
The List I'm about to post will be rather long tho, as i generally noted everything that threw me off or needs some fixing.
Also keep in mind that this is my own opinion and does not mean everything i post here is something you (the reader) also must agree on.
Thanks Chromatic for your hard work, but I guess the real hard work has just begun.
Let's get into the list.

Visuals:
-> Any type of torch or candle does not cast a shadow and has a way too small light source attached to it making them literally useless for lighting and feel kinda wrong
-> Certain Floor tiles or wall textures are missing details or are too smooth
-> The floor on the alchemist lab (4th map) looks unusally wet, through all the light mirroring.
   At the same time stuff like the pipes next to the furnace looking thing cast no shadow eventhought they are right next to a light source.
-> The crystal is missing transparency or shining. It is missing some sort of depth. I'm not an artist s I'm not sure what exactly is off but the crystals in the lab (4th map) look way better in my opinion.
-> Huntress weapon attacks have no visual knockback on herself. Now this is somewhat odd as even firing a crossbow has a certain kick to it.

Sound:
-> Make sound when starting the game follow the ingame soundsettings
-> Level up sounds are either not displayed or overlap and become incredibly loud on multiple level ups

UI:
-> Quickmap is missing enemy spawn info
-> Enemy Spawn info is hard to see from further away, flyer lanes are really hidden as the symbols don't stand out.
-> Portraits for other Players with health mana and building mana should be shown underneath Player Portrait
-> Traps and turrets can be seen while in the inventory

Gameplay:
-> Upgrading in classic buildmode allows the mouse to leave the camera
-> Classic Buildmode feels slippery and seems to have diffrent mouse speeds.
-> There is no notification for destroyed buildings.
-> Trap health doesn't update properly for all players when repaired or upgraded
-> Explosion Ranges of enemys and Ogre Goo is really hard to detect. It feels like you die of something you couldn't even see or react.
   Give the explosion some more animation like the firework DD1 has and make the ogre gooball maybe a bit bigger so the explosion fits it's size a bit better.
-> Huntress First Ability gets randomly canceled by other animations which makes it not work while still going on cooldown.
-> Literally everything cancels reloads. For example: Finishing a wave cancels your reload.
-> Apprentice can't charge primary attacks.
-> Enemys get stuck all over the place. In Spawns, between towers, inside walls.
-> 3rd Map Quickmap shows everything eventhough the map only plays on like 1/4 of the map
-> Air Velocity feels off. It's really hard to control the character in the air, as he can barely change directions, nor can he really stop moving into the direction he jumped in.
-> You can't place towers behind the chimney on the roof on ramparts.
-> You can move during map intros.
-> You can spawn towers inside players making them stuck
-> Huntress weapons show higher reload times as upgrades
-> Gear Upgrades are only shown while pressing L shift while downgrades are always shown
-> Selecting Positions in the Hero Deck somehow is really weird

QOL:
-> An option to change holding buttons to simple presses would be nice
-> Upgrading and repairing auruas and traps feels horrible as you can't properly select them.

Note that I have tried to remove any known issues that were mentioned in chromatic posts from this list.
During my 4 hours of playtime I experienced 2 crashes, one was when i had an internet disconnect, the second was without.
In case of any chromatic member reading through this list: My whole session was streamed over on my Twitch channel and the vods can be found here and here
(The stream itself is in german but the gameplay is the most important thing anyway, also had my ingame sound muted for the first hour or so)
If there is a need for specific scenes or screenshots to verify any of my feedback, I am happy to provide it on request.
(Working through 4 hours of vod material takes time so I haven't done it yet).

Keep doing what you are doing.
Again thanks for bringing us another Dungeon Defenders Game, I hope this feedback helps fixing some problems the game still has.

Randomraven / Randomroxas

• Like 1