ReaperCE

How to make Hailstorm tower viable

Probably too late for this, but when they introduced the Adept, the Hailstorm Tower (The only other dedicated anti-air tower) was introduced to the game... except there is a problem: it SEVERELY underperforms when compared against the SGT due to it resetting after each kill (Say you set it up for wyverns and forget it... then a whole squad of wyverns bum rush it and overpower it) and it has some good shards for it, so my idea on buffing it? When it kills an airborne mob have it retarget without having to "reload" everytime, at least until it reaches the end of the burst. That's my only explanation to buffing it. If anyone has any ideas of their own please add.

So just a quick question. Can you detail how the SGT out performs it?

Multi-target, DOESN'T HAVE TO RELOAD AFTER EVERY KILL (aka keeps firing),<--- which allows it to deal with swarms easily whereas when the HST kills a mob, it has downtime (Reloads), allowing a swarm to rip it apart

Edited by ReaperCE

6 hours ago, ReaperCE said:

Multi-target, DOESN'T HAVE TO RELOAD AFTER EVERY KILL (aka keeps firing),<--- which allows it to deal with swarms easily whereas when the HST kills a mob, it has downtime (Reloads), allowing a swarm to rip it apart

Did you know that the dps listed on the SGT is for all three shots, so for an individual target the dps the SGT deals is actually 1/3 of the listed dps. The Hailstorm also debuffs enemies that makes them take more damage. In the scenario that they have the same listed dps, you could say the debuff covers the period of time it takes to swap or reload and it kills groups just as fast as SGT since it would kill them three times as fast.

@Zombiewookie lul, yea as time goes on that seems increasingly unlikely and even if they did do one I doubt they would look into what it needs and just spam whatever balance they want to make it look like they still want to support DD2

I mean dps is not that important when you can use petrify with sgt to quickly make flyers fall to their death.

But for sure downtime after each kill is way too long on hailstorm considering it's a defense where the dps really comes from the super fast attack rate.

Would be nice if there was a way to make using the hailstorm damage debuff viable. But more often than not you can deal with air lanes with minimal DU. Hailstorm as buff is too expensive versus the return sadly. 

To go into detail: when hst locks on to an enemy, it will fire until it is dead... or it 'overheats'. Basically what i was saying was when the mob dies before it overheats and there is another mob there have it retarget to that mob (But keep the overheat) without having to reload... and yes i know about the sgt split damage, but when it sees a mob it will begin firing nonstop and if a new one shows up it will just fire another shot off with no pause in between at the new mob, max 3 mobs (Also the SGT does have a slow debuff). Also the two good shards for HST were Glacier (AOE big boy every few shots... that sometimes falls with the dead mob), and Icefall (% chance to freeze targeted mob). EDIT: the shards

Edited by ReaperCE

Why would you use either of the HST shards, they are both ultra terrible and worthless. Just go for a normal damage setup like SGT uses. HST is good on some lanes and SGT is good on other lanes, why should they be tweaked to be spammable on all the lanes? If you don't use the broken garbage that is petrify, HST is much better at destroying Kobolt and Flying Kobolds than SGT is and will definitely rip through DA faster than SGT. They just have different purposes and uses, and there is nothing wrong with that.