Sign in to follow this  
CrusadeR@DD2

Automation keeps resetting Proactive Traps :(

It’s not broken to be fixed. Repair and upgrade both reset proactive traps. Switch out the mod for an anti mod or controller if applicable.

Edited by Little Magic Hat
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, Little Magic Hat said:

It’s not broken to be fixed. Repair and upgrade both reset proactive traps. Switch out the mod for an anti mod or controller if applicable.

you are correct on the fact that automation does repair defense on attack and that it causes proactive traps to reset. but if i am not mistaken, he uses automation for the tenacity effect, and if so, best suggestion is to change the shard out and use a tenacity mod instead on 10/10 C8.

I understand the dynamics,  but why make automation unusable with explosive trap? I use it heavily and now I have to resort to the boring meta build

Its unusable with proative traps..Otherwise is fine..Do like the chickendude33 sayed with c8 tenacity and will be fine.

Is a big overstatement to say than you using this are avoiding the meta..You cant make this defense work amazing unless you use stun combos consistent that is considered the core meta.You can use oil geyser and frost tower to help but just works with the enemies that usually are weaker.

Wht is the choice of shards/mods that you have than is impossible to switch for a relic that is used by with tenacity ch8 from one of your defenses? 

I have only one tenacity 10 that is on a WM, I wanted to use the explosive trap for damage. Tenacity 10 doesn't drop anymore,  it's a myth 

Edited by CrusadeR@DD2

4 hours ago, CrusadeR@DD2 said:

I have only one tenacity 10 that is on a WM, I wanted to use the explosive trap for damage. Tenacity 10 doesn't drop anymore,  it's a myth 

it still drops but its very rare i had 2 drop in a week / fasted way is just to reroll even though it takes alot of tokens 

17 hours ago, CrusadeR@DD2 said:

Use explosive traps with the tenacity from wm and automation with wm.

I usted to use destruction,fire for effect,vamp empowerment mods:defense rate,proative traps and tenacity servo.

It's not that easy now is it? I'd loose my SR + water combo and will have to destroy a really good relic to move tenacity to my explosive trap relic.

I think that you have a point..I thought than for you only having one tenacity you wouldnt have sr+water servo.

If i was in your position i would just choose to use other mod for the time being with exp traps..The proative traps give around 25% of boost in power but is dependant of previous attacks to work before reach the peek..You need to have atleast the 9/10 and still is nothing game changing.

I dont exactly think like this but others actually think that is a trash mod.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:46 AM, CrusadeR@DD2 said:

Tenacity 10 doesn't drop anymore,  it's a myth 

I have gotten 4 of them so far and my Explosive Traps uses that with a 9 Proactive Traps.

You clearly just have shitty luck.

Edited by ChrisH36

1 hour ago, CrusadeR@DD2 said:

Yup I have 2000 hrs in dd2 and have 1 tenacity 10, shitty luck it is

use reroll tokens / you should have plenty if you got 2000 hours in the game or is the worst grinder to ever play DD2 ?