Sign in to follow this  
krsans78

Feedback

Long time dd1 and 2 player here. On my phone so will keep this short. What i feel needs more work/isnt right in the beta as of now:

1. The maps are too du restricted. It doesnt give much leeway for creative play. 

2. the mana drop during rounds feels very low and thus i feel mana starved. Having to save several waves worth of mana to upgrade a single tower feels bad. Having a mana generator like the djinn from dd1 would be nice. 

3. the character models look pretty bad. Graphically the beta seems lackluster. Might be i would change my mind if the ui and char models were better presented. 

4. why are you not beta testing other game modes, the ui etc etc? Seems to me then that you guys are planning to test those features on release customers?

1 Most maps in Beta I feel are fine for the DU, the only one debatable is Lava Mines with how the lanes are spread out and with the only flying lane being rather close to another choke. If more DU was added or it was placed later in the campaign would feel better if they keep the current version of the map and not return to the first one. Having it placed before Alchemical Labs with the extra lanes doesnt seem quite right to me if it was perhaps later I feel leave it at 90 DU.

2 They are looking looking to adjust mana, they have already redesigned it, but no info if man will be increased as of yet.

3 they have redesigned monk and huntress but still needs work imo. Models hopefully will be looked at further

4 This is my bug bear, they said limited but I didnt expect it to be this limited. They hinted at more content for Beta, but Im guessing thats not happening now.

Edited by dizzydiana

14 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

1 Most maps in Beta I feel are fine for the DU, the only one debatable is Lava Mines with how the lanes are spread out and with the only flying lane being rather close to another choke. If more DU was added or it was placed later in the campaign would feel better if they keep the current version of the map and not return to the first one. Having it placed before Alchemical Labs with the extra lanes doesnt seem quite right to me if it was perhaps later I feel leave it at 90 DU.

2 They are looking looking to adjust mana, they have already redesigned it, but no info if man will be increased as of yet.

3 they have redesigned monk and huntress but still needs work imo. Models hopefully will be looked at further

4 This is my bug bear, they said limited but I didnt expect it to be this limited. They hinted at more content for Beta, but Im guessing thats not happening now.

1) They said the 1 crystal was the early lava map and 2 crystal version was a late lava map so the 2 crystal being harder is expected

2) We don't need more mana...you won't be doing maps 1-4 on insane at level 60+ which is required to even be able to upgrade stuff to the last level.   FYI you can already level everything to max on these if activly collect mana.   Each difficulty gives more mana rememeber we have 2 more difficulties comming that if they follow the trend will have more mana.

3) The game has never claimed amazing graphics but yes they could use better hero models

4)  They clearly have a closed beta team we are not part of.   

10 hours ago, fluffycalico said:

We don't need more mana

Unless something's changed since I played (doesn't seem to be the case) it's not really the overall amount of mana per map that's a bit of an issue but rather the way it's distributed. at least in survival. You get a large chunk in the opening waves but as you progress you seem to get less and less per wave despite killing substantially more mobs which just doesn't feel right. 

1 hour ago, Cuddles said:

Unless something's changed since I played (doesn't seem to be the case) it's not really the overall amount of mana per map that's a bit of an issue but rather the way it's distributed. at least in survival. You get a large chunk in the opening waves but as you progress you seem to get less and less per wave despite killing substantially more mobs which just doesn't feel right. 

There is a reason for this...there is alot of mana the 1st 3 waves to help people who are doing the campaign.   There is less after that as you don't need to have max level 60+ towers everywhere by wave 10 of a starter map on insane.   In fact you don't level level 60+ upgrades at all on a starter map on insane as if there were more maps and difficulties noone would even be on these maps on insane over level 60.   And even as it is you can max out everything including the level 60+ upgrades by about wave20.   Deeper well is stupid crazy on the mana right now.   When you do deeper well to wave 25 everyone has 5-10K mana they are holding with nothing at all to spend it on.   That is a completley rediculous amout of mana when there are 2 more difficulties and each difficulty up seems to drop more mana than the one before it. 

Edited by fluffycalico

13 hours ago, fluffycalico said:

There is a reason for this...there is alot of mana the 1st 3 waves to help people who are doing the campaign.  

Yes, I'm aware why you get a boost early on.

But the thing is the distribution of mana across waves still just feels slightly jarring and unpleasant and it doesn't exactly need to considering DD1 and 2 both did it fine.

In fact you don't level level 60+ upgrades at all on a starter map on insane as if there were more maps and difficulties noone would even be on these maps on insane over level 60.

I wouldn't put too much stock in this being a "starter map" issue, since while I could be massively wrong I doubt they're individually handcrafting every maps mana distribution and instead it's done via some type of formula based on DU limit. 

When you do deeper well to wave 25 everyone has 5-10K mana they are holding with nothing at all to spend it on.

Yeah, but A) you're massively overleveled on an easy map on a difficulty that really still needs rebalancing and B) again, the total amount of mana gained in a map isn't really the issue. Even then, if you want to mostly rely on traps and auras mana is fairly tight.

Thing is, while it's really just something that feels a bit odd at this point there's a serious potential for it to become an actual issue on harder maps and higher difficulties. It's easy to sit back and say everything's fine when you're crazy overpowered so your towers 1 hit everything so you don't need to really repair walls or use auras etc. It's a bit of a different story when you need walls and aura stacks in 5-6 different lanes and the difficulty is actually threatening so everything needs to be repaired multiple times a wave.

I'm glad CG seem to be at least somewhat aware of it being a bit off.

• Like 1